Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will go in the January transfer window?

+17
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Tigermin
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
kennster
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
wanderlust
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie's sent out a lot of youngsters on loan so they can get some playing experience and it's fairly clear that apart from one or two, most of our younger players aren't going to get much of a sniff at the first team this season. Still he's brought in a few loanees and signed a few older players who seem to be holding the fort pretty well for now.
As a result, some of the "old guard" that got us into this mess appear to have been marginalised e.g. Knight, Eagles, Wheater et al and I'm wondering if they're actually fighting for their places or have resigned themselves to leaving?
Mears is on his way and I'd be surprised if we see Andrews again, so do you reckon Dougie is going to give them all the bullet in January or will he wait until summer? Or will they actually make an effort to force themselves into Dougie's plans?
I suspect that quite a few are already packing their bags.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Dougie's sent out a lot of youngsters on loan so they can get some playing experience and it's fairly clear that apart from one or two, most of our younger players aren't going to get much of a sniff at the first team this season. Still he's brought in a few loanees and signed a few older players who seem to be holding the fort pretty well for now.
As a result, some of the "old guard" that got us into this mess appear to have been marginalised e.g. Knight, Eagles, Wheater et al and I'm wondering if they're actually fighting for their places or have resigned themselves to leaving?
Mears is on his way and I'd be surprised if we see Andrews again, so do you reckon Dougie is going to give them all the bullet in January or will he wait until summer? Or will they actually make an effort to force themselves into Dougie's plans?
I suspect that quite a few are already packing their bags.
:agree:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You agree with which bit Barry? You think that Dougie will clear them out in January?
Or just that they are expecting to be moved on at some stage?
I think one or two might go in January and the rest will be passengers until the summer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He must be desperate to get rid of Ngog, even if we get £100k for him, it's better than nothing and gets the ponce off the payroll.

He'd be foolish to get rid of Eagles, he's still one of our only flair players and on his day is our best player. We certainly aren't going to replace him with the pittance we'd get for him.

He'll probably want to keep Knight as cover, but Wheater should be shown the door. He'll be on massive wages and is, basically, a slow shit bastard.

I'd like to see Rob Earnshaw and Tit Bramble brought in.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Titus Bramble is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. His off the field activity also leaves much to be desired. As for Earnshaw,we'd at least save money on image rights for the ugly little bastard.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think N'Gog and Eagles will be sold in January, I can't see us getting much for either to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if we received just a few hundred thousand for Eagles and even less for N'Gog.

Knight & Mears and possibly Wheater will be made available, but whether any clubs come in for Knight & Mears, that's another thing.

Sordell and Andrews are no doubt available, we'll just have to hope that Brighton take Andrews off our hands. I think the best we can hope for with regards to Sordell, is a stay at Charlton or loan him to another club.

I wouldn't be surprised to see McNaughton, Danns & Feeney sign permanent deals in January, but players will no doubt have to leave to finance any new recruits.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'd like to see Rob Earnshaw and Tit Bramble brought in.
Rolling Eyes 

We'll be having a massive clear out in January to fund the acquisition of Leroy Lita on a 5 year deal.

Deffo.

100% guaranteed.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Time for Eagles to go in my opinion, inflated wage, inflated ego and greasy hair.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:Time for Eagles to go in my opinion, inflated wage, inflated ego and greasy hair.
It's hair wax you bellend. Tell your Mum to buy you some and maybe you will attract a young lady.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:Time for Eagles to go in my opinion, inflated wage, inflated ego and greasy hair.
But still possibly our most creative player.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:We'll be having a massive clear out in January to fund the acquisition of Leroy Lita on a 5 year deal.

Deffo.

100% guaranteed.
I don't think even a crap manager like Coyle would be daft enough, to sign a player on a 5 year contract, but he isn't the best manager at researching players, apparently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:I think N'Gog and Eagles will be sold in January, I can't see us getting much for either to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if we received just a few hundred thousand for Eagles and even less for N'Gog.

Knight & Mears and possibly Wheater will be made available, but whether any clubs come in for Knight & Mears, that's another thing.

Sordell and Andrews are no doubt available, we'll just have to hope that Brighton take Andrews off our hands. I think the best we can hope for with regards to Sordell, is a stay at Charlton or loan him to another club.

I wouldn't be surprised to see McNaughton, Danns & Feeney sign permanent deals in January, but players will no doubt have to leave to finance any new recruits.
who will buy them?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha "TIT" bramble did make me laugh.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha "TIT" bramble did make me laugh.
I've missed you Hipster, have you been inside?

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As far as Ngog is concerned we'll get nowt for him in the summer so he may as well be off the payroll in January.

Culcheth_White wrote:
Breadman wrote:We'll be having a massive clear out in January to fund the acquisition of Leroy Lita on a 5 year deal.

Deffo.

100% guaranteed.
I don't think even a crap manager like Coyle would be daft enough, to sign a player on a 5 year contract, but he isn't the best manager at researching players, apparently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is Owen trying to force out a massive poo in that picture?

He needs some Ex-Lax......

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:I think N'Gog and Eagles will be sold in January, I can't see us getting much for either to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if we received just a few hundred thousand for Eagles and even less for N'Gog.

I don't think N'Gog will go anywhere, he seems to be a big part of Dougie's favoured setup at the moment. Eagles, well, he's a good player when he wants to be so it's more likely down to him and his agent than it is Dougie whether or not he goes or stays. I rate him highly when he's at his best but his inconsistency is a real problem for me and that needs to be addressed pronto if it hasn't been done already. On balance I'd suspect that other managers have seen that he appears to have an attitude problem and won't want to risk it unless he is free so I suspect we'll see no movement there in January either. 

Sordell I don't get, he doesn't seem to be any part of Dougie's plans or Charlton's for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised to see him given a free or even released outright. Andrews, well, if Brighton want him then that's fine by me. 

Feeney will NOT be coming here. I'd love it but Millwall will probably sell him to Accrington Stanley before us in January after they tried to force the issue and demand early payment for him then yanked him back when we said stick to the original deal. Danns I'd like to get on a permanent deal and McNaughton looks quite useful. 

In all truth I guess I've just long windedly said I expect almost no change at all in January. I see us getting one out and one in permanently and that'll be it. In all truth I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of 'linked to' stories but no actual movement at all.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie is rumoured to be looking to bring in a decent left back in January.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:Dougie is rumoured to be looking to bring in a decent left back in January.
He is bringing Alonso back then ? ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum