Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 0-1 Bolton

+23
Banks of the Croal
wessy
Culcheth_White
observer
Sluffy
Weststandupper
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok_Rebel
boltonbonce
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Angry Dad
Whitesince63
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
kennster
MartinBWFC
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So back to league action Saturday, what are everybodies predictions for this game? Personally I think it will prove too tough for us, and we will lose, probably 3-1 Watford.

2Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:03

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Watford are not playing well at all and their defence is a shambles.

I'm going for a 2-1 victory for the mighty whites of Lancashire.

3Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1

4Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Probably the toughest away game of the season so far IMO, i'd settle for a 1-1 draw but I have a feeling we will nick it 2-1.

5Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm feeling slightly positive and I am also hoping the lads have had a good break and put some effort into training, feeling refreshed etc and feel that we could get a point out of the game which will do me.

My prediction also 1-1 Smile

6Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:59

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well I think this game will really tell us if we are making progress or the recent wins are just a lucky blip. I think the latter so I'm afraid I'm going for 2-0 to Watford.

7Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 17 2013, 23:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

W 1 B 2

8Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 06:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-0.

9Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 07:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watford 1 Bolton 2

10Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Well I think this game will really tell us if we are making progress or the recent wins are just a lucky blip. I think the latter so I'm afraid I'm going for 2-0 to Watford.
It's a bit of a stretch to suggest that if we don't get some sort of result at away at Watford who are one of the stronger teams in the League, our recent upturn in form has just been a "lucky blip".

It's not the type of game where we can expect a result, and IMO the best outcome would be continued progress on the pitch and a result would be a bonus.

At least the team will be going into the game with a bit more confidence than they would have had a couple of months ago.

11Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can see us losing this,but 1-1 the likely outcome.

12Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looking at the table, 3 wins and some 'kind' results for other clubs could have us going in to the new year being able to mount a serious push for a play off place. 

So, going off that... 

a 2-1 loss... Crying or Very sad

13Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 16:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we were playing Middlesbrough first and then Watford.

Have they been changed around or am i just a shite fan?

14Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 17:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watford away followed by Boro away.

15Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 18 2013, 19:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Well I think this game will really tell us if we are making progress or the recent wins are just a lucky blip. I think the latter so I'm afraid I'm going for 2-0 to Watford.
It's a bit of a stretch to suggest that if we don't get some sort of result at away at Watford who are one of the stronger teams in the League, our recent upturn in form has just been a "lucky blip".

It's not the type of game where we can expect a result, and IMO the best outcome would be continued progress on the pitch and a result would be a bonus.

At least the team will be going into the game with a bit more confidence than they would have had a couple of months ago.

I wasn't meaning we had to win wander just about the performance. I don't see any reason we can't win if the right team, with the right instructions take the field. If we can keep the run going then we can at least get clear of the bottom. I'm not the least convinced we can push for promotion but you never know. That's why it will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Hopefully the run will continue but I'm doubtful which is why I'm going for 2-0 to Watford.

16Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Tue Nov 19 2013, 12:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've already predicted a point from this AND from the Boro game. In this case my gut feeling is a 2-2 draw. I'll be quite happy with that if the performance is decent and obviously happier still if we nick the win.

17Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Tue Nov 19 2013, 13:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For those interested, Brendan Malone will be the referee for this Saturday's clash against Watford.

18Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Fri Nov 22 2013, 12:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Watford

For many football supporters, Watford were seen as a surprise package last season after they were within 90 minutes of the Premier League, losing to Crystal Palace by a solitary goal in the Championship Play-Off Final.

A lot of questions were asked during the summer months as to whether or not the Hornets could respond positively and mount a serious promotion challenge for a second consecutive season.

Under the guidance of Italian footballing hero Gianfranco Zola, Watford have shown superb character in the opening 15 league games of the season and currently lie in seventh spot, only one point adrift of the play-off positions.

Despite losing the services of Championship Player of the Year Matěj Vydra, Zola was shrewd in the transfer market and drafted in Josh McEachran from Chelsea and Nottingham Forest attacker Lewis McGugan.

However in recent weeks Watford have suffered a slump in form, losing their last two games on home soil against Midlands duo Leicester City and Derby County.

This weekend will be the 23rd time the two sides have met in league action, with Watford having the upper hand with ten victories compared to Bolton’s eight.

The Watford team which drew 2-2 at Middlesbrough before the international break:

Almunia, Doyley (Belkalem 46), Angella, Cassetti; Faraoni, Murray, Iriney (McEachran 68), McGugan (Battocchio 76), Pudil; Deeney, Foresteiri
Subs not used: Bond, Acuna, Fabbrini, Anya.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Fri Nov 22 2013, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin McNaughton to miss Bolton Wanderers' Watford trip

Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman will be forced to change his backline at Watford tomorrow with on-loan right-back Kevin McNaughton still not over a hamstring strain.

It is a blow for the Whites, with a settled defence providing the bedrock for an unbeaten Championship run, which stretched to seven games before the international break.

And with fellow full-backs Marc Tierney (ankle) and Joe Riley (knee) still sidelined, and no joy in the loan market, Freedman could be forced to switch Alex Baptiste across from the left.

Tim Ream is the likely candidate to deputise on the left, leaving a space in the centre for either Zat Knight or David Wheater.

Freedman could, however, opt for a three-man central defence and operate wing-backs. Either way, he will hope McNaughton returns sooner rather than later.

“Kevin McNaughton has been jogging but still feels a little bit of pain in there so he is very doubtful,” said Freedman.

“It is a little more encouraging than we first thought, though.

“The full-back position is one place where we are short in the squad, particularly on the left.

“Unfortunately, I don’t think there is anything in the development squad or youth team that can bounce up and come straight in.

“We have to make sure we try to fill that position for the Christmas period and I am looking very hard.

“We can get away with a game here and a game there but over a six-game period we need to try and fill it and I am actively looking.”

Fellow defender Matt Mills admits the backline will miss McNaughton’s experience but believes they have able replacements ready to step into any reshaped back three or four.

Mills said: “Whenever we do defensive work in training, the manager is quite clever and switches it so we are always working with different partners on a day-to-day basis.

“So if there is an injury like Kevin’s, we are ready to make the change.

“It will be a blow because Kevin, like Loners in goal, has a lot of games under his belt and they bring a calming influence.”

Darren Pratley is back training and could travel but Craig Davies is expected to be absent with a slight hamstring problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Watford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Fri Nov 22 2013, 14:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not good news this. Perhaps this is the game to start with CBs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum