Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers’ Under 18 side picked up a hard-earned point with a 0-0 draw against Stoke City at Lostock on Saturday.

A game in which the hosts ultimately felt aggrieved not to have secured all three points at the final whistle, David Lee and Tony Kelly’s youngsters started brightly against the Potters with Jamie Thomas and Sam Bailey enjoying several opportunities to break the deadlock during the first half.

A similar tirade of pressure followed throughout the second period with Stoke goalkeeper Daniel Gyolla being tested on a number of occasions, but the young guns’ determination was ultimately in vain as the visitors held out for a point.

Speaking following the clash, coach Lee explained his delight at the performance of his side which included William Jaaskelainen, the son of former Wanderers keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.

“We played very well and I believe we deserved to win given our performance,” he said. “We created a lot of excellent chances and totally dominated the game, but we were ultimately thwarted by their goalkeeper who produced some good saves.

“I thought although we produced a great team performance on the day, we also had two Under 16 players in Jaaskelainen and Honeyball who did very well too.

“We’ll take this result and make sure that we’re ready to go against Sunderland next weekend.”

Bolton:Jaaskelainen, Greenaugh, Honeyball, Ball, Kennedy, Bailey, Knight, Newby, Torres (Nelson, 75), Hinchcliffe, Taylor

Source

2U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty Re: U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't realise we still had a Jaaskelainen!

3U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty Re: U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Didn't realise we still had a Jaaskelainen!
I got a shock when I saw that to be honest! Very Happy

Could well be his son. Smile

4U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty Re: U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Karlypants wrote:coach Lee explained his delight at the performance of his side which included William Jaaskelainen, the son of former Wanderers keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.
Lee confirmed that is the case

5U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty Re: U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sun Nov 24 2013, 00:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he turns out at good as his dad then we are on to a winner.

6U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty Re: U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sun Nov 24 2013, 00:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Karlypants wrote:coach Lee explained his delight at the performance of his side which included William Jaaskelainen, the son of former Wanderers keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.
Lee confirmed that is the case
Haha yeah, skimmed through it when I posted the article.

Must have missed that bit Very Happy 

7U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Empty Re: U18s: Bolton 0-0 Stoke Sun Nov 24 2013, 08:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jussi's lad is the Under 16's keeper. I hope he has a bright future ahead of him. If he is anywhere near as good as his dad then it bodes well for the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum