Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckford relishing Danns link

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beckford relishing Danns link Empty Beckford relishing Danns link Tue Nov 26 2013, 16:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jermaine Beckford paid tribute to Neil Danns following Wanderers’ 1-0 win over Watford on Saturday and believes that the midfielder deserves all his plaudits.

The on-loan Leicester City man produced a Man of the Match performance against the Hornets and provided the cross which led to Beckford’s sixth goal of the campaign in all competitions.

Speaking exclusively to the official club website after the final whistle at Vicarage Road, Beckford explained that the display shown by the 31-year old against Gianfranco Zola’s side was something that comes as no surprise to him.

"With Dannzy, he’s going to give you nothing less than 100%," he said. "He’ll come off the field with nothing left inside him and that’s something that every player who plays with him and every fan will tell you as well. He’s a pleasure to work with and to play with."

With his strike securing a third successive victory for the Whites, the club’s leading goal scorer admitted that the confidence amongst him and his teammates at present is growing with each passing game.

"Confidence is high – not just with myself, but with all the boys.

"They’re looking to give the ball to me in specific areas like against Watford – I was lucky enough to capitalise on a big mistake, but sometimes you need that and we’ll take it where we can.

"It was quite a slow start to the season and I’m happy to be repaying the faith that the fans had in us at the beginning of the season."

He added: "To celebrate in front of them was massive, and I’d just like to thank them personally for making the trip down.

"I was always enjoying my football, but the icing on the cake has always got to be a winning goal, especially away from home as well - it’s a great feeling."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum