Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jermaine Beckford excited by Bolton's current form

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In-form striker Jermaine Beckford is excited by Bolton's current trajectory as they heave themselves up the Sky Bet Championship table.

The Trotters were expected to be pushing for promotion in boss Dougie Freedman's first full season in charge but a tricky run of fixtures to open the campaign left them floundering at the basement.

Bolton did not win in the league until October yet an unbeaten run of eight games and three successive victories has left them just seven points off the play-off places.

Part of the reason for Wanderers' ascent has been Beckford's form in front of goal and, with five goals in his last six games, the forward is buoyant about the state of things both personally and collectively.

"We're going through something at the minute which is a really exciting thing to be a part of," Beckford, who scored the only goal in Saturday's 1-0 win over Watford, told the club's official website.

"Confidence is high, not just myself, with all the boys. They're looking to give the ball to me in specific areas like against Watford - I was fortunate to capitalise on a big mistake, but sometimes you need that and we'll take it where we can.

"We didn't have the greatest of starts in terms of the points picked up, however, we're doing pretty well now."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:but a tricky run of fixtures to open the campaign left them floundering at the basement.

Yes, the might of Yeovil, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich was always going to be a problem.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he was referring to forest, reading and QPR...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I think he was referring to forest, reading and QPR...
Is that how far we've fallen that games against Forest, Reading & QPR are classed as difficult.

Coyle out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum