Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-0 Doncaster

+17
chipbutty
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
Bolton Nuts
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
kennster
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 13:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next up and coming game is against Doncaster Rovers with a 3pm kick-off on Sat the 7th of December.

The Referee in charge for this game will be Richard Clark which will also include Steven Copeland and Robert Jones as the linesmen and the fourth official will be Nigel Miller.

The Vikings last 5 results have been:
1-1 draw with Birmingham (Away)
2-1 win against QPR (Home)
2-0 loss against Charlton (Away)
2-1 win against Yeovil (Home)
0-0 draw with Barnsley (Away)

We have now lost 2 games on the trot, 0-1 loss against Huddersfield at home and a 1-0 loss away at Middlesbrough.

The last time Bolton and Doncaster met was in the 2006/2007 FA cup where Bolton won 4-0 away.  

Full History:
1904/05 Bolton 2-0 Rovers
1904/05 Rovers 0-4 Bolton
1984/85 Rovers 2-0 Bolton
1984/85 Bolton 3-1 Rovers
1985/86 Rovers 1-1 Bolton
1985/86 Bolton 2-0 Rovers
1986/87 Rovers 3-0 Bolton
1986/87 Bolton 0-1 Rovers
2006/07 Rovers 0-4 Bolton FA Cup

How do you think we will do?

Do you feel it will be another loss or do you think we will manage to get a win?

2Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 13:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton 3 Donny 0

3Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 13:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Doncaster Rovers

Having gained promotion to the Championship after winning the League One title last season, Doncaster Rovers' main priority this season will undoubtedly be to secure their status in the second tier of English football come May next year.

A side which have prided themselves on their attacking prowess, Paul Dickov and his players have experienced an inconsistent start to life in the Championship having accumulated 20 points from their 18 games so far to leave them residing in 15th position in the league standings.

They have however recorded a number of impressive results against two of the league’s early pace setters, with victories over Queens Park Rangers and Leicester City reinforcing Rovers’ reputation as a force to be reckoned with.

Having picked up five wins and four draws so far this season, the South Yorkshire outfit have struggled for consistency in the opening months, suffering nine defeats - four of which have come on their travels.

With Dickov now in his first full term in the Doncaster hot seat after joining the club in May to replace Brian Flynn who moved into the position of director of football at the club, the former Leicester City and Manchester City striker certainly put his mark on the team during the summer months.

Following his arrival, Dickov moved to strengthen his squad with the arrival of highly rated striker Federico Macheda and experienced goalkeeper Ross Turnbull amongst others – the latter of which has three goals already to his name following his move from Manchester United.

Having secured a hard-earned point away at Birmingham City on Tuesday evening, Doncaster make their first ever trip to the Reebok Stadium with hopes of securing what would only be their second win on the road this season.

Wanderers however will no doubt be determined to bounce back from two disappointing results against Middlesbrough & Huddersfield this week and get themselves back to winning ways.

Doncaster team which faced Birmingham: Quinn, Furman, Duffy, Macheda, McCullough, Wellens, Robinson, Coppinger, Stevens

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Bolton 3 Donny 0
:facepalm: 

Your act is becoming tiresome RT, being the site WUM doesn't suit you.

5Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:13

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bolton 1-1 Donny, a fan runs on the pitch and spouts abuse at Dougie and Dougie is asked to resign after the game.

6Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Bolton 3 Donny 0
:facepalm: 

Your act is becoming tiresome RT, being the site WUM doesn't suit you.
Let's see come 4.45 on Saturday.

7Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:23

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

a 2-0 loss...

1st goal after 85 mins, donnys 48th shot goes in, we then FINALLY venture in to donnys half, zat knight hoofs the ball back to the opposition for the 109th time that game and we get done in the 90th min with the 2nd... ::mad::

8Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exciting draw

9Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We pretty much know what to expect from our lads unless Dougie changes the habits of a lifetime so for me the result depends on which Doncaster team turns up - the hot tamales that beat QPR and Leicester or the cold gazpachos that got trounced by Boro and Brighton.

10Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 15:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Knight plays 0-2 to Donny.

If he doesn't we'll win 2-1.

11Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 18:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Knight isn't our biggest problem at the moment, the defence has been quite solid recently but we're so poor at moving the ball forward that everytime we lump the ball forward to beckford it's always coming back at us as he never wins the ball.

Hence why so much pressure is put on our back 4.

Until we learn to keep the ball for longer than 20 seconds or move it forward with purpose we're going to be needing at least 2/3 goals to win most matches.

12Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 18:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The reaction to the Huddersfield match has to be the angriest all season, so it'll take a great start to this match to get the crowd onside.

I'm anticipating an ugly 2-1 win and a "9 points off the playoffs...doable?" thread by 5pm.

13Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 21:20

I'd imagine Doncaster will be well up for a game like this, I have no idea what to expect to be honest. Dougie can't afford to draw/lose this, it may be time to go 2 up front again to see if we can get anything going.

14Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Thu Dec 05 2013, 22:34

Bolton Nuts

Admin

My Bolton team for Saturday

Lonergan

Baptiste Mills Ream McNoughton

Lee Medo Danns Eagles

Mason Beckford

Mavies, Knight, Spearing,  Hall etc...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Fri Dec 06 2013, 09:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think that will be the team Biggie, but even if it was I can't see many goals in the front 6. I'd be looking to play Mason instead of Lee and throw on someone who knows where the goal is, maybe Cavies, Clough or Sanmi.

16Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Fri Dec 06 2013, 09:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My team is similar to Biggie's:

Lonergan

McNaughton  -  Ream  -  Mills  -  Baptiste

Lee  -  Danns  -  Spearing  -  Eagles

Mason  -  Beckford

Dougie's team will be:

Fuck knows, but there will be very little shape or clear tactics or people playing in position - I'd have a guess at the following:

Lonergan

McNaughton  -  Spearing  -  Lee  -  Baptiste

Beckford  -  Mason  -  Hall  -  Bogdan

Mills  -  Knight

I'm seeing a weakness in the air at the centre of defence for Dougie's team.

17Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Fri Dec 06 2013, 12:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Blokes keep on predicting a Bolton win .....sooner or later they will be right. Maybe 2-1 for us ....but I wouldn't be shocked to lose it 0-1 again.

18Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Fri Dec 06 2013, 13:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a 3-1 win.

19Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Fri Dec 06 2013, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every week we hope that the team will perform to their perceived ability and hence the favourable predictions despite the reality of our actual performances.
These are ideal scenarios rather than calculated predictions based on analysis of both teams, so they are bound to be skewed.
Ideal scenario: 4 or 5 - nil
Carefully considered prediction: 1 - 1
Surprise me.

20Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Fri Dec 06 2013, 14:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Dougie sees it that our current best player isn't suited to a 4-4-2, involving two wide players. Would Danns have the freedom to do what he's been doing with just one of Spearing or Medo with him in the centre? It's a risk I'd be more than willing to take.

Lonergan

McNoughton Mills Ream Baptiste

Eagles Spearing Danns Hall

Mason Beckford

is the team I wish we would see tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum