Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star man Andre Moritz praises Bolton Wanderers' response to midweek defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers answered their critics in the best possible way against Doncaster – but Andre Moritz reckons the team must start getting used to pressure if they are going to succeed.

There were no shortage of detractors after back-to-back defeats against Middlesbrough and Huddersfield Town, results that had put extra emphasis on a return to winning ways on Saturday.

Moritz had no complaints but believes the manner of the Whites’ response at the Reebok says a lot about the dressing room.

“We knew this game was a key one for us because it was a home game against a team almost on the same points as us,” he said. “We knew we had to win. We did our best.

“It’s not easy to keep focus when you come from a loss at home and being criticised by everybody. But we were focused on our objective of winning the game. You could see from the first minute we were on them. I am just happy we won and we are back on track.

“It’s normal (criticism) because we are at a big club. No one wants to lose games or draw games. We want to take as many points as we can; anytime, any game, anywhere. The criticism is normal because this is football and you have that pressure. I think we handled it well though and played a really good game.”

Moritz has now started the last two games and is slowly finding his way back to his best form after an injury-plagued start to his Wanderers career. Despite a match-winning performance – in front of his parents, visiting from Brazil no less – the former Crystal Palace man says he can still get better.

“My start here wasn’t the best because I got two injuries in a row,” he said. “I was gutted. I was down and sad because as a footballer you want to play football. I don’t want to go to the market. I am a Bolton Wanderers player and playing football is what I love doing, this is what I was born to do. For me, that start of the season was really frustrating.

“I know we lost against Huddersfield but for me I played 60 minutes and that gave me more confidence to be on the pitch doing my best. I am just happy to be back and to help my team mates. But I am sure I can be much better than that. I can help my team much more than that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum