Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leicester City v Bolton

+25
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
blackpeaswindybum
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
White84
Tigermin
NickFazer
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
observer
terenceanne
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Leicester City v Bolton Empty Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 17:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How will we fair against the team currently sitting on the top of the Championship table?  

Our record against Leicester City is as follows:

Played: 65
Leicester: 20 (30.77%)
Bolton: 25 (38.46%)
Draws: 20 (30.77%)

Who's remembers our 5-0 drubbing of Leicester on the opening day of the season just after we got promoted!

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Sun Jan 05 2014, 12:56; edited 1 time in total

2Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 18:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester are pushing for promotion so I will go for a 1-1 draw.

3Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 18:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester win for me, I can't see we will get anything out of this game I'm afraid.

4Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 18:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's become a race to see who can post the next match preview first.

How about discussing the match that finished just over an hour ago first?

5Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 18:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You just like to argue!  The next match is in 3 days...There's still a thread to discuss the Barnsley match

6Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 19:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Top of the league and going very well at the moment, would love to see us go there and get a win but I can't see nothing but a Leicester win here - 3-0 to them.

7Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get a point out of this game, its been a good day all year round.

8Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well here goes, following this post I expect to be asked what I'm smoking, if I took my medication today, have I had too much Christmas Spirits or Stella and am I a delusional idiot related to plankton. Or perhaps have a certain few STATE that I'm related to plankton. 

I predict a Trotters WIN. Leicester 1 - 2 Bolton

As I said before the Barnsley game we are much better on the road (albeit that isn't saying a huge amount) than at home and I suspect we will nick this one as well. It won't be pretty, it won't be entertaining but I think we're looking much more solid at the back and every time I see him play Lonergan looks a good keeper for this level and should not be replaced by Bogdan unless his form dips and Adam's improves enough to justify a change on merit. 

Upfront I think Beckford might well be up for this one and although I have nothing, not one logical reason for it I feel in my bones that we are going to win this match. I don't know exactly why, it's just a sense that our lads are happier away from home than at the Reebok and we've pulled off some good results while on the road.

9Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 23:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's become a race to see who can post the next match preview first.

How about discussing the match that finished just over an hour ago first?

I detect a feeling of indifference at the fact that we've won today.

I don't think it has told us anything we don't already know about this team. People are starting to see that we will win one here and there, but that it doesn't change the bigger picture. The bigger picture being that Dougie won't budge from a system that will get us enough points to be midtable at best. Over a season, it's just not good enough.

Leicester are unpredictable, but I can't imagine them not winning.

10Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 00:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't see anything for us to be honest..... loanees heading back so that means team changes.  Stranger things have happened though.

11Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 09:19

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton may not be playing on all cylinders, but Leicester, though leading the league, are not running away. They had a very good November winning 3 of 4 (losing at home to Nottingham Forest), and a mediocre December, 2-2-1, with their wins by margins of 1-0.
Who knows which Bolton team will turn up now that we have lost two of our starters to their home clubs?  Perhaps our players may have something to play for?  This game is up for grabs, and I hope our team finds their mojo and plays well for the full 90.  One can hope we turn up and give a good performance!

12Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 09:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent performance but still a loss. 2-1

13Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 09:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get trounced. 5-0 is my prediction. Nugent to score a hat-trick. The bastard.

14Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 10:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More realistic expectations of this for a change so for once we'll be happy if we get anything at all from the game.

Anything is possible is this league, so all hope is not yet lost.

15Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 11:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't really see anything different about this game than any other. There isn't a decent team in the league this year so you can expect a result against anyone home or away. The way we play we just stop any kind of entertainment by either team by strangling the life out of the game. I can see it being yet another dull, boring match and will be won by an odd goal either way. Nothing will change until we get rid of this moron.

16Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leicester can be got at but not by tippy tappy slow build up play.

Get in their faces and keep Dyer and Knockaert under wraps (give them a few kicks, especially the soft Frenchman).

If you play with just Mason up front then Morgan and Moore will be sat on deckchairs thinking that it's their birthdays.

I can see a draw here.

17Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A combination of things here that will go against us. The loanees we were starting to depend on, have gone back. The opportunity for DF to show off his players in the transfer window, (hence the return of Knight), and his inability to match the players to his tactics, or the tactics to the game, as it changes. On the plus side, we will have, hopefully, players who have spent time in the shadows, and who now wish to show what they can do. The big difference between the teams is consistency. Any team doing well are consistent, and we are not. I see a win for Leicester, but hope that I'm wrong. (as I was with the Barnsley game).

18Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:10

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we will go one up top but with Beckford not Mason, who I think may drop into midfield where we surely miss Danns energy. Its the full back position that bothers me most though, Baptiste and Ream are not comfortable full backs and the thought of Knight and Mills or Knight and Wheater does not fill me with confidence.

How about 3 centre backs and Baptist and maybe Vela as wing backs?

A point will feel like a win.

19Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:33

Leicester are top of the league.

We barely scraped a 1-0 win against Barnsley who are rooted at the bottom of the table and are utter shite.

We will lose this one heavily.

Doug will set up the team to try and contain and it won't work.

At least 3-0 to Leicester......

20Leicester City v Bolton Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:06

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We will get dicked good and proper !!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum