Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A December to Remember

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A December to Remember Empty A December to Remember Sun Jan 05 2014, 09:55

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

6 games for 18 points up for grabs (7 if you count Jan 1 and 21 overall)...
Conservative play throughout and we grab 7 of the 18 or 8 of the 21 against lightweight clubs.  Not good enough to move up in the table, as we would need 3 or 4 WINS (in upper case if Dougie is reading this) on the trot to start the move up. Now we play teams above our weight in the tables and hopefully Dougie will learn from the Cup tie that we have to change our tactics to be able to pull 3 points per game.  My guess is the misses in December will be felt long range this season.  Oh yes, please find a defense this month... Dawson played in their loss to Palace and sat out for the last EPL game...  just a suggestion to see how he fares with his new boss.  McNaughton unfortunately starting the last two games for Cardiff on his return from loan.  Let's hope Dougie can sort out the defense now and keep the offense running like it did against Blackpool.

2A December to Remember Empty Re: A December to Remember Sun Jan 05 2014, 10:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He needs to learn rather quickly that yesterday's gate will be a sign of things to come if he carries on serving up the sort of fare we've seen for most of the season.

3A December to Remember Empty Re: A December to Remember Sun Jan 05 2014, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we can call our recent opponents "lightweight clubs" Obs - they are clearly every bit as good as we are.

Perhaps that's part of the problem. We maybe have players who think they are actually better than our current position suggests.

If that's the case they need to start showing a bit more respect especially our back four who should be hoofing it into Row Z instead of poncing around at the back and conceding sloppy goals which cost us points like Knight v Boro.

4A December to Remember Empty Re: A December to Remember Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:48

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I don't think we can call our recent opponents "lightweight clubs" Obs - they are clearly every bit as good as we are.

Perhaps that's part of the problem. We maybe have players who think they are actually better than our current position suggests.

If that's the case they need to start showing a bit more respect  especially our back four who should be hoofing it into Row Z instead of poncing around at the back and conceding sloppy goals which cost us points like Knight v Boro.
Good point.  I used the table to classify teams, and it seemed an easier run than we have coming up when we meet top half teams.  Of course, one year ago, we were the heavyweights and favored to win.  But 1 1/2 years after leaving the EPL, we look like lightweights to the others.  I still think we are but one or two players away on defense from making the top half (does a seven foot liability count as one or two players on defense)?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum