Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman better than Big Sam

+19
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
gloswhite
Mr Magoo
bryan458
boltonbonce
JAH
scottjames30
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Many folks on here have called for the sacking of Freedman and insinuated that a return of Big Sam would instantly create a better, more resiliant Bolton side.

"if we had big sam we wouldn't be playing like this and rolling over. He would have them kicked up the bum" etc etc is the sort of thing I hear.

But Big Sam's premier league west ham just got spanked by Championship Nottingham Forest, 5-0, was it?

Dougies penniless, lowly Bolton just got a good draw against high flying Forest. Could have had 3 points too... We didn't roll over like Big Sam's bunch of wimps...

So now do you admit Dougie is the better manager for us?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not fit to wipe Sam's big backside, with all his injuries at his club, he went to Cardiff and beat them 2-0,'just now' nice WUMMING though.

3Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:32

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Biggie you're a prat!

4Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 17:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Complete bollocks Biggie. I'm spitting feathers.

5Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 18:33

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd start smoking again if I knew were on!!!!

6Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 19:32

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Absolute bollock's, you should be ashamed of yourself, you should be tar and feathered, and bummed by Scott for that.

7Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 19:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bit of a cock-up that one Biggie  Very Happy

8Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 21:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It does annoy me how Bolton fans talk like Allardyce is the only thing that could sort the club out.

The game's so different now, as is the club. The Championship is more competitive. I can hardly imagine him coming back and picking up another Michael Ricketts, i.e. a 20 goal a season striker for £400k. Breaking into the Premiership top 6 isn't how it used to be either. You don't see many World Cup winners and African Player of the Year winners going to clubs like Bolton on a free anymore.

I'm not convinced Dougie is a better manager though. In fact I'm quite sure he's not.

They were talking about the decision to drop Medo on GMR after the game, and Simon Charlton mentioned that Allardyce kept things fairly simple like that. The only reasons he ever had for dropping players were poor form or injury.

9Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 22:07

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wasn't happy with Spearing coming back at the expense of Mido.

Thought Spearing was about a 6 out of 10 today.

10Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sat Jan 11 2014, 22:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Banks of the Croal wrote:I wasn't happy with Spearing coming back at the expense of Mido.

Thought Spearing was about a 6 out of 10 today.
Medo is better than Spearing, imo. I just can't see Dougie dumping another captain of the side though.

11Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 09:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I wish you would take my opening post with a pinch of salt. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't totally serious. It was just supposed to illustrate a point that maybe just maybe a big Sam return wouldn't necessarily mean a tougher team by default like many seem to think...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 10:03

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

:biggrin:  :facepalm:

13Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:I wish you would take my opening post with a pinch of salt. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't totally serious. It was just supposed to illustrate a point that maybe just maybe a big Sam return wouldn't necessarily mean a tougher team by default like many seem to think...

The club is bolloxed from top to bottom. The main event for my day was the beer in the pub yesterday.
I had a discussion with one person yesterday re. clean sheets.he stated it was much better to score goals than keep a clean sheet. Leicester was my response, nothing was his.
Allardyce believed in clean sheets, maybe Duggy does, however the incumbents we have at the mo are incapable of delivering.

14Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:I wish you would take my opening post with a pinch of salt. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't totally serious. It was just supposed to illustrate a point that maybe just maybe a big Sam return wouldn't necessarily mean a tougher team by default like many seem to think...

The club is bolloxed from top to bottom. The main event for my day was the beer in the pub yesterday.
I had a discussion with one person yesterday re. clean sheets.he stated it was much better to score goals than keep a clean sheet. Leicester was my response, nothing was his.
Allardyce believed in clean sheets, maybe Duggy does, however the incumbents we have at the mo are incapable of delivering.

15Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 12:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He's gone and is history he would do nothing if he came back and I doubt he'd even have the will to try.

16Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:He's gone and is history he would do nothing if he came back and I doubt he'd even have the will to try.
 :agree: 

... and would add that Allardyce has never been tested managing without a big budget so there is no evidence at all to suggest he'd be any good.
Whenever he's been given the opportunity to manage on no/low budget he's walked every time - he just isn't man enough to take on the job that Dougie's doing.

17Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 14:10

There was no 'big budget' at Bolton for most of Allardyce's reign Lust, he got us up and kept us up on next to nothing. He also did a few good jobs before us, at Blackpool where he still has the highest win percentage of any manager there, he also got Notts County promoted with a record points margin.

That said I agree he'd probably struggle on the budget Dougie's working with.

18Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 14:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've already said I wouldn't have Sam back or any other former manager for that matter. Managers almost never do well in a second stint with a club just like players. I know he did amazing things for us when he was here but I'd rather keep those memories intact than have them spoiled by Sam coming back to us and being unable to recreate what he did for us before. I know he's always going to be seen as a brilliant manager and he was but to keep suggesting we should bring him back and that will instantly turn us into world beaters is foolish. I still don't necessarily rate Dougie but I'd leave him in place now till the summer then assess what he's achieved with what he has before deciding his and the club's future.

19Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie I'm not sure this ironic OTT dougie praise is really working.

It just isn't really a situation worthy for comparison considering the relative experiences each man has had.

20Freedman better than Big Sam Empty Re: Freedman better than Big Sam Sun Jan 12 2014, 14:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I keep reading that we should keep Dougie in charge until the summer and make a decision then, but what do we suppose we're gonna know about him then that we don't know now?

The most he could do is take us on a late run, which we already know he's capable of, because he did it last season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum