Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman unhappy with lack of punishment for Nottingham Forest time-wasting tactics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman believes both sets of fans ended up being short-changed despite a thrilling game at the Reebok.

Few patrons who walked out into a cool Horwich evening on Saturday will be asking for their money back – but the Wanderers boss reckons that Forest’s constant time-wasting tactics in the second half means they should have been doing so a good few minutes later.

Referee Michael Naylor added six minutes of added time but in Freedman’s estimation should have extended the game by a lot more.

The Sheffield official stopped the game to issue five second-half yellow cards, two substitutions and two goals, but failed to get a proper grip of Forest’s attempts to slow the game down.

“Fans paid good money and they deserved to see a match played and refereed in the right manner,” he said.

“I didn’t think he refereed that side of the game awfully well at all. If you add up the goals and yellow cards, it was well over six minutes.

“It’s something that has to be looked at – not for my benefit – but for the benefit of the fans.

“They want to see entertainment, 90 minutes of football, not 10 minutes of time-wasting.

“But it was a great game against a team in the top five and there wasn’t much in it.

“I don’t believe we are too far away but when chances come along we have to take them.”

Forest were eight unbeaten going into the game but Freedman felt they were “hanging on” for a point in the end.

“It is unusual because I have watched Forest five times this year and it was unusual for them to be that ragged,” he said.

“It was down to us being fully committed to going forward. You have got to give the players credit for making a good team look ordinary in the end.

“I thought it was fantastic match that we contributed to.

“The opportunities we created should have resulted in a win in our favour.”

Freedman had no complaints with his side’s efforts but conceded that finishing, once again, cost Wanderers three points.

“Everything the lads have got in them, they are giving it,” he said.

“They are giving their energy, their commitment; we have been battling away.

“Of course, in both boxes we could have been better, but it’s a fine line.

“We have got a lot of draws at home and our performances have deserved a lot more. “We are not too far away from getting the results.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum