Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teenage striker Georg Iliev signs first professional contract at Bolton Wanderers

+7
Keegan
rammywhite
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have handed a first professional contract to Bulgarian teenager Georg Iliev.

The 19-year-old striker has signed an 18-month deal at the Reebok after progressing through the youth ranks with the Whites.

The Bulgaria Under-18 international has been with the club since 2011, signing schoolboy forms after moving from CSKA Sofia.

Source

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What next Romanians? Seriously let's hope this guy is a bit special because a prolific striker has been a long time coming.

Last edited by Triumph on Tue Jan 14 2014, 08:03; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll never play a league game for BWFC. We all know it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He'll never play a league game for BWFC. We all know it.

what a ray of sunshine you are Nat!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's good to see that someone meets Dougie's exacting standards - he's got rid of enough youngsters recently.

Much prefer the decisiveness DF has shown with the kids - much better than previous managers who have kept them on the books for years without any end product.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:

......but you know as well as I do, that she's probably right!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:

i know, but don't tell her that!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:

She has a nose like a wild dog- she can sniff these things out!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Come on, over the last few years we've had numerous young players that are going to be the next big thing. How many have been given a chance to make it in the first team? Absolutely none.

We'd be better off ditching the youth set up completely, we could spend the cash on another David Ngog or Johan Elmander.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Remind me - when has she ever been right? Last week she was wrong about Dougie's selection and tactics and wrong about the result which is a persistent theme of late. Statistically likely if you predict we'll get battered every week. At least she's consistent, but on current form if Nat says Iliev will never play for us there's a good chance he'll start before the season is out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Remind me - when has she ever been right? Last week she was wrong about Dougie's selection and tactics and wrong about the result which is a persistent theme of late. Statistically likely if you predict we'll get battered every week. At least she's consistent, but on current form if Nat says Iliev will never play for us there's a good chance he'll start before the season is out.

You absolute bellend.

When you were creaming your knickers about the appointment of Owen Coyle I was telling you he was a charlatan and would get us relegated.

I said the sale of Klasnic would result in a lack of goals.

I said the appointment of Dougie was desperate as he had no real track record.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gregus,Eaves, O'Halloran - and there are probably more in the junior ranks at the Reebok. Vela gets the occasional bench and he might decide to up sticks and leave.
We don't have a good record of getting younger players through and making a solid on going first team place a regularity.
Ileiv may get the odd chance, but Nat is right - the chances of this guy becoming a regular are slim.
Hope I'm wrong but Nat (aka Hayley Cropper) may be right

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You absolute bellend. So wrong with the first one.

When you were creaming your knickers about the appointment of Owen Coyle I was telling you he was a charlatan and would get us relegated. You suggested it wasn't a great appointment, whereas I was unsure, but you never mentioned relegation at the time.

I said the sale of Klasnic would result in a lack of goals. You were also the first in line to berate him as a lazy barsteward and I don't recall you saying that we would score less when he went, so although this may be the case with the benefit of hindsight it doesn't make you right.

I said the appointment of Dougie was desperate as he had no real track record. That's not a right or wrong opinion as it speculates about what the Board were thinking - something we're never likely to know.

But when it comes to predicting scores, results, the team that Dougie selects, whether or not a player will ever get a game or not - measurable stuff - you ain't doing too well.
The one thing you have in your favour is that you consistently bang on about the worse case scenario and seeing as we're struggling as a club you have a stronger statistical chance of getting it right occasionally.
It's like betting on black every time.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Iliev is a pretty good young player. When our previous U18's (which included the likes of Youngs, Clough & Lester) were kicking ass and taking names, he's the one who was scoring the bulk of those goals. Those players mentioned were in a group moved up to the Reserves and he was left as a senior player to mostly 15-16 year old kids so his impact was less. He is now being moved up on professional terms and I'm actually expecting good things from him.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:

shes right.

Sorry Rebel but your record for predicting the club's fate is even worse than Nats!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hahaha a great vote of confidence , just what the lad needs.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

My condemnation should inspire him to greatness. I'm the Simon Cowell of the football world.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:It's good to see that someone meets Dougie's exacting standards - he's got rid of enough youngsters recently.

Much prefer the decisiveness DF has shown with the kids - much better than previous managers who have kept them on the books for years without any end product.

I'll reserve judgement till we get an end product Duggy brings along.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

My condemnation should inspire him to greatness. I'm the Simon Cowell of the football world.

Do you wear your pants up to just under your false tits?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum