Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers to hold talks with international winger

+12
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
wessy
Triumph
terenceanne
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are thought to be in talks with Luxembourg international Yannick Bastos.

The 20-year-old FC Differdange winger is due in the country for talks with the club today about a permanent move to the Reebok.

Right-sided midfielder Bastos has four full caps made his international debut against Russia last year.

He also scored to help the Luxembourg club beat Dutch side FC Utrecht in the Europa League earlier this season.

Wanderers are working hard to boost their squad ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup fourth round clash with Cardiff City and are also in negotiations with Sunderland about a loan move for Danny Graham.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fuck me, I never thought id see the day when a 4-times capped Luxembourg International player would grace the reebok...

im terribly excited.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like he's had enough of Chungs consistently shit performances. Any player is welcome right now

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fuck me, I never thought id see the day when a 4-times capped Luxembourg International player would grace the reebok...

im terribly excited.

True, I would prefer Jesus Navas, have we heard anything about him coming?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Bolton Wanderers are thought to be in talks with Luxembourg international Yannick Bastos.

The 20-year-old FC Differdange winger is due in the country for talks with the club today about a permanent move to the Reebok.

Right-sided midfielder Bastos has four full caps made his international debut against Russia last year.

He also scored to help the Luxembourg club beat Dutch side FC Utrecht in the Europa League earlier this season.

Wanderers are working hard to boost their squad ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup fourth round clash with Cardiff City and are also in negotiations with Sunderland about a loan move for Danny Graham.

Just what you need when you're in the shit. Some lightweight nobody who'll need three seasons to get match fit and another two years to acclimatise to the Championship.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You don't even support bolton anymore.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You don't even support bolton anymore.

I'm doing a Copper Dragon.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazed anyone would come, especially another youngster with the Dougie preferred winger "DNA" a la Bolassie/Zaha/Hall
Defenders would be nice at some stage though.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll give anybody a shot at this point...... so give the lad a chance.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fuck me, I never thought id see the day when a 4-times capped Luxembourg International player would grace the reebok...

im terribly excited.

True, I would prefer Jesus Navas, have we heard anything about him coming?
It's Jesus Christ we need!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Bolton Wanderers are thought to be in talks with Luxembourg international Yannick Bastos.

Just what you need when you're in the shit. Some lightweight nobody who'll need three seasons to get match fit and another two years to acclimatise to the Championship.

I find myself in agreement

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Luxembourg! that famous hotbed of quality football and players, stroll on!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Lee or Eagles are on their way out this month then fair enough on bringing him in but we are seriously short on full backs so we really need to look there before signing more wingers.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we are in talks with a Luxembourg International, wouldn't it be better to get some youngsters from one of the best youth teams in Europe - Ajax youth, who actually play in the 2nd tier of Dutch football (Jupiler League) and are actually doing very well - give them some play in English football to strengthen them up before either playing for the Ajax senior squad (in the Eredivisie) or for aany other top class team.

If anything it could be a good tie-up between the clubs as well - may even be profitable! (only may)

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Luxembourg is about the size of Farnworth......with as many good players.....but you never know.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS could be about to break down another national boundary by bringing English football’s first Luxembourg international to the Reebok.

Yannick Bastos, a 20-year-old winger who plays for FC Differdange, held talks yesterday over a potential move to the Reebok.

So long referred to as the “League of Nations” in the days of Sam Allardyce – where up to 13 different nationalities were once represented in the dressing room – Wanderers have again cast the net to an untapped footballing resource in Luxembourg, ranked 122nd in the FIFA rankings.

Right-sided midfielder Bastos has four full caps and made his international debut against Russia last year.

He also scored to help the Differdange beat Dutch side FC Utrecht in the Europa League earlier this season.

Bastos is understood to have flown in yesterday with his father to have a tour of the club’s stadium and training ground before meeting Dougie Freedman to discuss a deal.

Talks are understood to have gone well.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Luxembourg is about the size of Farnworth......but twice as dead..

Reebok Trotter wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Luxembourg is about the size of Farnworth......but twice as dead...and with more mountains and less kebab shops.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If this lad signs he won't be a first teamer. Straight into the Development squad apparently

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That boggers belief tbh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum