Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers striker David Ngog could be on his way as Swansea revive interest

+12
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Ngog was edging closer to the Reebok exit door last night after Swansea City revived their interest in the French striker.

Overnight reports had linked Ngog with a move back to France with Evian – but sources in South Wales claim Swans boss Michael Laudrup is ready to launch a late attempt to land the player he tried to sign in the last transfer window.

Swansea shelved their interest in September after discussing personal terms with the former Liverpool man on deadline day.

Ngog has since held out for a move back to the Premier League despite interest from two Turkish clubs and may now be willing to reduce his demands – which have proved an obstacle to a handful of reported suitors – to make the deal happen.

That would free up cash for Dougie Freedman to ward off the advances of Nottingham Forest for his number one strike target Danny Graham, who is available on loan from Sunderland until the end of the season.

Wanderers desperately need a boost after Saturday’s 7-1 pummelling at Reading and have lodged a bid for the 28-year-old Tynesider, who has been on loan at Hull City.

High-flying Forest firmed up their interest yesterday with a substantial offer and now look favourites for his signature, with Leeds United and Middlesbrough both stepping away after registering early interest.

That Wanderers were able to match Sunderland’s requests indicates funds are being released for Freedman to bolster his squad ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup fourth round tie with Cardiff City.

Links with Crystal Palace defender Danny Gabbidon have been rubbished from within the club but Freedman does have designs on two new defenders before the close of business next Friday.

Much could now depend on whether Ngog can agree a deal elsewhere – but the fact an offer is now expected from the English top flight has raised expectations that one of the squad’s biggest earners could be moved on.

The 24-year-old has scored three goals in his last four games but has endured a largely miserable time since relegation to the Championship.

He indicated in an interview last summer that he would be open to a return to France, with Bordeaux linked heavily in the French press at the time.

Ngog’s camp have made no secret that he would relish a chance to play in the Premier League again, however, and with Swansea currently missing star striker Michu through injury, Laudrup has identified him as an affordable option.

Wanderers would request only a nominal fee for Ngog, who is out of contract in the summer, meaning a heavy hit on the £4million Owen Coyle paid Liverpool for his services in the summer of 2010, making him the joint-fifth most expensive signing in the club’s history.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, biggest load of bollocks ever.

Of course an established Premier League side is going to turn to David Ngog to solve their goals problem. What's his record in the Championship...about 8 goals in 18 months?

Please lock the thread, this is a non-starter.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really hope this is true...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Freedman does have designs on two new defenders before the close of business next Friday"

At last a bit of common sense but I can't imagine who they might be and is does seem to put the kibosh on White and/or Bolger getting a shot for now.

The downside of the article re Ngog moving on is that they are speculating he "may now be willing to reduce his demands – which have proved an obstacle to a handful of reported suitors – to make the deal happen."

I wouldn't be banking on that happening seeing as he has already refused to do so on previous occasions.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Laudrup needs some new scouts if Ngog is the best they have come back to him with.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hahahahahahahaha.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This must be a wind up surely!

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I just saw a pig fly past.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman on David Ngog talks with Swansea: "The two chairmen are talking to see what they can do."

"It's going to be very difficult to think he would be here on the Monday morning."

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Essentially, we are now a team with ONE fit striker... one who never plays.

Bet dougie actually has a hard-on thinking that he can now 'contain' teams by having virtually no attacking players on the field whatsoever...

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
"It's going to be very difficult to think he would be here on the Monday morning."

Of course it's going to be very difficult  :facepalm: 

Swansea must be more stupid than us to be looking at bringing N'flop!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Essentially, we are now a team with ONE fit striker... one who never plays.

Bet dougie actually has a hard-on thinking that he can now 'contain' teams by having virtually no attacking players on the field whatsoever...

Maybe we should be recalling Sordell back.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's basically gone is what I took from Freedmans comments

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Essentially, we are now a team with ONE fit striker... one who never plays.

Maybe we should be recalling Sordell back.

True, but he wont.

Even if he does, he wont play him. Il be honest, If I was Sordel, Id tell freedman to go fuck himself.

Why should Sordell have any ill feeling towards Freedman?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He looks like a player that requires careful man-management.

He has the potential clearly, Freedman could have brought it out of him, instead chose to fuck him off to anyone who would have him and publicly slate him.

Doubt he actually WANTS to play for us again.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:He looks like a player that requires careful man-management.

He has the potential clearly, Freedman could have brought it out of him, instead chose to fuck him off to anyone who would have him and publicly slate him.

Doubt he actually WANTS to play for us again.  

I'm not saying you're wrong but when and where did he slate him?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Swansea Chairman knows full well that we are desperate to get our wage bill down, and I can't imagine him wanting to pay Ngog £32k a week so I reckon we haven't got a negotiating position. Ngog will probably do a Mears and maintain his demands which could kill the deal.
In fact everyone knows we're skint and they aren't about to do us any favours.
If Ngog is leaving, I imagine that the club will have to fork out a fair bit to get rid - never mind get a transfer fee to boost the coffers.

On another note:
A few people are now using Ngog's possible departure as a reason to suggest that we would be short of strikers - which is a bit weird as for many Ngog has been seen as "surplus to requirements" for a long time now. I don't see the point of spending any money made available on replacing him when there are bigger priorities to be addressed. Would the same argument be made if we found a buyer for Sordell?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum