Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

QPR 2-1 Bolton

+18
Keegan
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Angry Dad
wanderlust
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Mon Jan 27 2014, 16:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I remember being at Fratton Park ages ago and Anelka gave it away a couple of times in quick succession and some bloke behind me screamed "HE'S FOKIN SHIT"

Hipster, why is it that none of the people you meet (whether it be on Twitter, Facebook or in real life) can speak English?

I'm not sure nat. Maybe it says something about football fans.

32QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Mon Jan 27 2014, 16:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It'll be 1-0 to them within about 4 minutes.

We'll then huff and puff up until about the 70th minute when they make it 2-0. 

Dougie will bring on Rob Hall in the 89th minute. 

2-0.
think that pretty much sums it up for me!

33QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Mon Jan 27 2014, 22:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

34QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 00:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: QPR

Setting The Scene

Wanderers will be looking to pick up their first league victory of the calendar year when they travel to the capital to face Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday evening.

With the Whites having been in cup action against Cardiff City on Saturday, the Loftus Road outfit enjoyed the luxury of a free weekend having bowed out of the cup in the third round earlier this month.

Dougie Freedman’s side however will be hoping to avenge Rangers' victory at the Reebok earlier this season, where Andy Johnson’s second half strike ensured that Harry Redknapp’s side would return home with all three points.

Team News

Wanderers have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the clash, with Jermaine Beckford the only notable absentee from the matchday squad as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury sustained against Nottingham Forest.

Craig Davies could feature having played the full game against Cardiff at the weekend, while Stuart Holden, Joe Riley and Marc Tierney continue their respective comebacks from injury.

Opposition Camp

Flying high in second place in the Championship league standings at present, the opening months of the current campaign have certainly been impressive for Queens Park Rangers.

Having fallen out of the top flight after just two seasons back in May, the London outfit strengthened their squad during the summer months with the acquisition of experienced figures such as Karl Henry and Richard Dunne along with highly rated frontman Charlie Austin.

Redknapp’s decision to bring in such players has undoubtedly been vindicated, with QPR having lost just four league games all season and entering Tuesday’s game on the back of three straight victories against Huddersfield Town, Ipswich Town and Doncaster Rovers.

It has been on their home turf however where the team have been at their best, winning ten of the 13 games so far at Loftus Road and conceding just five goals in the process.

The only team to have left West London with maximum points this term have been league leaders Leicester City, while Swindon Town secured a 2-0 victory in the Capital One Cup earlier this term.

A fixture which may be considered a daunting one given the R’s fine form this season, Wanderers will no doubt be keen to ruffle a few feathers and secure a fifth victory on their travels to help them climb up the league table.

One To Watch

Originally deemed to be too small to be a footballer, striker Charlie Austin has certainly silenced his critics during an impressive career to date.

Still just 24 years of age, the frontman was released by Reading as a teenager after the club decided that his build wasn’t one suited to the professional game.

Despite his set-back, Austin joined his local side Kintbury Rangers before enjoying spells with Poole Town and Hungerford Town whilst working as a bricklayer.

His exploits in particular for Poole – 48 goals in 42 appearances – ensured that he was picked up by Swindon Town in the summer of 2009 where he went on to average more than a goal every two games.

A revelation at the County Ground, Austin was scouted by Championship outfit Burnley, with the Clarets securing the youngster’s signature ahead of a pack of other suitors.

His time at Turf Moor was to yield one of the most prolific spells of the striker’s career, with him finishing as leading goalscorer in both seasons with the club.

His efforts didn’t go unnoticed, with QPR bringing Austin to Loftus Road in the summer of 2013 – a move which has undoubtedly been vindicated with his 14 goals so far this term.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 00:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Preview: QPR

Setting The Scene

a move which has undoubtedly been vindicated with his 14 goals so far this term.

Vindicated? VINDICATED?

Bloody hell even your official site is like some of the posters on here.

Charlie Austin will put the ball in the net (with the right service) if he played for Bolton, Yeovil, Doncaster, Morecambe or Chorley.

QPR got him £4 million too cheap because Hull City have the worst medical team in the country (we'll take no legs Bullard but not Austin because he has a bruise on his knee).

Vindicated [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

36QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 11:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
karlypants wrote:Preview: QPR

Setting The Scene

a move which has undoubtedly been vindicated with his 14 goals so far this term.

Vindicated? VINDICATED?

Bloody hell even your official site is like some of the posters on here.

Charlie Austin will put the ball in the net (with the right service) if he played for Bolton, Yeovil, Doncaster, Morecambe or Chorley.

QPR got him £4 million too cheap because Hull City have the worst medical team in the country (we'll take no legs Bullard but not Austin because he has a bruise on his knee).

Vindicated [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I agree. He was a bargain.

37QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 15:42

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we'll win 2-1 and Lukas Jutkiewicz will score our winning goal.

38QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 17:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Manny Road Blog wrote:Despite this, Dithering Dougie has the safest job in football. Results don’t matter and neither do performances. He’d have to be caught rimming one of the ball boys before dismissal was even considered, and even that deed would probably be filed under ‘youth development.’

I thought this bit was funny.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

39QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Teams for tonights game:

QPR: Green, Assou-Ekotto, Dunne, Hill, Traore, Kranjcar, Henry, Carroll, Phillips, Johnson, Austin

Subs: Murphy, Hoilett, Diakite, Zamora, Wright-Phillips, Ehmer, O'Neil

BWFC: Lonergan, Baptiste, Knight, Mills, Ream, Spearing, Medo, Danns, Pratley, M Davies, C Davies

Subs: Bogdan, White, Vela, Eagles, Lee, Moritz, Jutkiewicz

40QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley starts, i can hear Tigermin fuming from here  Laughing

41QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wow! A starting 11 without one recognised wide player. Very brave Dougie!

42QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thats why we we have 2 attacking fullbacks playing Rolling Eyes

43QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

BWFC: Lonergan, Baptiste, Knight, Mills, Ream, Spearing, Medo, Danns, Pratley, M Davies, C Davies

I am utterly gob-smacked the new guy doesn't start.

What a team! Has there ever been a more negative Bolton team?

44QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it has park the bus written all over it

45QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How can you not play a fucking winger when you have no bloody full backs?!!

It's either going to work wonders or we will be 2-0 down within 30minutes.

46QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This team excites me. I'm making a late dash for the game.

47QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:How can you not play a fucking winger when you have no bloody full backs?!!

It's either going to work wonders or we will be 2-0 down within 30minutes.
 i'm going for the latter!

48QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:25

I thought Dougie said Moritz was going to set the Championship alight and he'd be a "real treat for the fans".....?

Why's he on the fuckin' bench then, whilst Pratley starts....?

49QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I thought Dougie said Moritz was going to set the Championship alight and he'd be a "real treat for the fans".....?

Why's he on the fuckin' bench then, whilst Pratley starts....?

He meant he was dangerous with a pack of matches.

50QPR 2-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2-1 Bolton Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I still don't know where Dougie gets the idea of Pratley being a defensive midfielder, he tried it against Leicester when Dyer was ripping Baptiste a new one.

It didn't work that day so what makes him think it will work today?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum