Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers fuming after QPR striker Charlie Austin leaves Tim Ream with broken nose and stitches

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are demanding answers after QPR striker Charlie Austin got away scot free with a challenge that left Tim Ream with a broken nose and three stitches.

The American defender is a serious doubt for this weekend’s game at Ipswich after being clattered in the first 15 seconds of the 2-1 defeat at Loftus Road.

Referee Andy D’Urso failed to produce a card to the former Burnley man, who put his side on their way to victory with a goal just before the break.

But Dougie Freedman was clearly unhappy that no action had been taken and now finds himself without a recognised fit left-back in his squad.

"I don't want to say too much because it will end up costing me money,” he fumed. “I would rather give it to charity.

“When I go to meetings and they talk about dangerous play and the effect that causes, a guy walks away with three stitches and a broken nose and it seems to be an accident. I find it hard to believe.

“Was it because it was the first minute of the game? Yes it was.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Wanderers are demanding answers after QPR striker Charlie Austin got away scot free with a challenge that left Tim Ream with a broken nose and three stitches.

The American defender is a serious doubt for this weekend’s game at Ipswich after being clattered in the first 15 seconds of the 2-1 defeat at Loftus Road.

Referee Andy D’Urso failed to produce a card to the former Burnley man, who put his side on their way to victory with a goal just before the break.

But Dougie Freedman was clearly unhappy that no action had been taken and now finds himself without a recognised fit left-back in his squad.

"I don't want to say too much because it will end up costing me money,” he fumed. “I would rather give it to charity.

“When I go to meetings and they talk about dangerous play and the effect that causes, a guy walks away with three stitches and a broken nose and it seems to be an accident. I find it hard to believe.

“Was it because it was the first minute of the game? Yes it was.”

Source
As if we didn't have enough defensive problems already.  Crying or Very sad

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum