Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Den display is pointer to Wanderers future

+8
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman is more convinced than ever that Wanderers are on the right road, despite their winless run in the league now stretching into double figures.

For all Ian Holloway’s rants and raves, even the eccentric Millwall boss must accept it would have been “game over” had Lukas Jutkiewicz put his side 2-0 up from the penalty spot with 13 minutes to play.

Instead, Freedman was left clutching only a point as he tried to remain positive about a defensive display that had been resolute, if nothing else.

It is now 10 games since Wanderers last tasted victory – on Boxing Day at Barnsley – but the manager remains sure the performances he is getting from his squad will soon translate into results.

“It’s hard to see the vision right now, of course it is, but this is a younger age group of players, a different squad. Could they have come here a year ago and done that? I don’t think so,” he said, perhaps with a nod to the team beaten 2-1 at The Den shortly before his predecessor Owen Coyle was sacked.

“To play three games in a week and come to Millwall with that last 20 minutes requires a lot of energy in the legs.

“Progress will only be recognised when I get results, I know that, but you need to go through transition to get progress, you can’t just snap your fingers then all of a sudden there it is.

“Let’s get it straight, this club is in transition and it is difficult to get through. But when I see the commitment and desire from my players like that, I feel like I’m on the right path. A little bit more quality up top and it’s a different conversation.”

Freedman looks like getting his extra man “up top” with the incoming arrival of Cardiff City’s Joe Mason – a man not necessarily revered on the terraces after a mixed loan spell earlier in the season, but one definitely rated in South Wales and beyond.

And while the defence has come under some criticism in recent weeks, the Scot admits that it was on the attacking front that Wanderers were most found lacking against the Lions.

“What is happening at the moment is that teams are getting one, maybe two opportunities against us at the moment and yet still getting a goal,” he said.

“That kind of thing can really get you down. But I have said to the lads, make sure you look at the whole reflection of the game.

“We’ve limited them to long shots that the goalkeeper is entitled to save and defended well. Yes, I know, we could have been better going forward and we’ve got to make more of the opportunities that are coming our way.

“We perhaps need to be a bit more calculating in attack because I think we got in a couple of good positions.

“The very simple facts are that we got a goal, we hit the post and if the penalty goes in, we win the game.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just how much more delusional can this man get?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's just empty words now, there is nothing else he can say that will make any sense to me.

It's the same game plan every week, lets try and scab a goal probably from an own goal or a fluke and then spend the rest of the game defending our precious lead, knowing full well they couldn't defend a lead if they lives depended on it

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

“It’s hard to see the vision right now, of course it is, but this is a younger age group of players, a different squad. Could they have come here a year ago and done that? I don’t think so,”

What you mean get battered by a piss poor Millwall side!!!!!!!!

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure he's taking the piss now. He knows his days are numbered so he's having a bit of fun.

He should really stop talking to the press, I hate him more after every interview.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

.... in League One

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's not going to say we are fooking shite, he leaves that to us, the fans, his boss!!!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:He's not going to say we are fooking shite, he leaves that to us, the fans, his boss!!!
Soul Kitchen no one is saying he should but to keep coming out week after week with "we're brilliant really, just one win will prove it" is plain deluded. We have NO wins in our last ten league games, three of our supposedly "winnable" five have netted two points and his latest comment about drawing lots when we lose far more often than we draw is frankly idiotic. 

If he came out and said "I think we can get out of this with the right approach" and then got on with changing his useless "system" to something that suited our players strengths then maybe he wouldn't be so derided by the fans. 

His off field problems are irrelevant, his on field approach sucks and everyone bat him and Lenny can see it. 

There's no longer any credibility in the man's interviews at all and frankly I'm amazed that anyone can defend the drivel he spouts.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was a tongue in cheek comment I made, for the record I think he's a clueless tosser who' s hanging on by the skin of his ball bag!! Hope this clarifies lpp?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's having fun with us now, don't take him on.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think Dougie likes fishing and offers bait to the fans every week....fair play because it works like a charm.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:It was a tongue in cheek comment I made, for the record I think he's a clueless tosser who' s hanging on by the skin of his ball bag!! Hope this clarifies lpp?
You mean he HAS a ball bag?  Rolling Eyes  That DOES surprise me, in fact I'd go so far as to say I'm stunned!  Shocked

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I give up, fed up, pissed off, down and out, tempted to watch Wiggin (joking) what does it take to get the sack?

auckland_bwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

Is anyone else tempted by the 14/1 on offer for a whites relegation??

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

auckland_bwfc wrote:Is anyone else tempted by the 14/1 on offer for a whites relegation??

No - We wont go down...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
auckland_bwfc wrote:Is anyone else tempted by the 14/1 on offer for a whites relegation??

No - We wont go down...

famous last words!

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If he will play Becks and the Juke together in a 4-4-2 we can stay up, If he gets sacked we can stay up, if neither happens???????????????? as Status Quo said " Down Down Deeper and Down"

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
No - We wont go down...

We will if Dougie is in charge come May.

Do you honestly think this team has the fight to avoid relegation?

This is what will happen....Charlton will sack their manager and bring Alan Curbishley back - he will instantly bring results and they will comfortably avoid relegation.

Doncaster are clearly up for a fight - can you see us going there and winning? Of course not. Holloway will get enough points for Millwall to stay up, again they look to have a bit of fight in them.

Yeovil, Barnsley and Bolton will go down.

Sack Dougie now and replace him with a cabbage and we finish 15th.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
No - We wont go down...

We will if Dougie is in charge come May.

An unlikely scenario as I doubt it will get that far. Either Dougie starts to put together a few results to pull away from the relegation zone over the next few weeks (in which case relegation won't be an issue) or we'll continue flirting with disaster (in which case Dougie will get the bullet)

Can't see Dougie lasting until May unless results start to improve soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum