Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

dougie is he doing allright

+10
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Tigermin
NickFazer
karlypants
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
cairocuz
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1dougie is he doing allright Empty dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:20

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

two home wins two clean sheets two up front as dougie found the midas touch?
hutton a good signing it all looks good,what can go wrong now?

2dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Asking that question usually invites disaster but then again we already have Phil Gartside as chairman and Dougie Freedman as manager so go ahead and ask.  Very Happy

3dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:30

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nowt wrong with Dougie's signings, it's all about the tactics!

4dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:Nowt wrong with Dougie's signings, it's all about the tactics!
Which Dougie chooses and has done all season.  Mad 

That said he gets top marks from me for today, everything was spot on, the players all clearly knew what to do and how to do it and they clearly bought into the plan as evidenced by their performance and the well deserved result.  Very Happy

5dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:38

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

so its clear nowt can go wrong under dougie

6dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Nowt wrong with Dougie's signings, it's all about the tactics!
 :agree:

7dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:40

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Depends on how you look at it, on the surface he is lucky to still be in a job at all, after last years charge towards the play offs expectations for his season were high and we have been awful for the most part. He is perceived as being negative and at times has made some baffling team selections, most of the fans are not convinced that he's the guy and shouts for his head have been heard at the Reebok. 

On the other hand the players he has been allowed to bring in have improved the team and he seems fairly shrewd in his dealings in the loan market. The under performing players are the ones that he inherited and some of them have improved this season Ream in particular. The development squads seem to be better and look more likely to produce some players for the first team in the near future.

If our current form continues for the rest of the season we may well finish top half and he will be here next season and have a squad of players more to his liking. For me the jury is still out.

8dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:41

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Which Dougie chooses and has done all season.  Mad 

That said he gets top marks from me for today, everything was spot on, the players all clearly knew what to do and how to do it and they clearly bought into the plan as evidenced by their performance and the well deserved result.  Very Happy
I just think the players seemed to gel so much better, playing the 4-4-2 formation today. The players knocked the ball around superbly and I can't believe what a difference a change in formation can make.

We had no recognised wingers starting today and we still played brilliantly, from start to finish. I just hope we can keep this momentum up for the rest of the season, but unfortunately, it will be too late to mount a playoff spot.

9dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:52

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

wingless wonders win again

10dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

cairocuz wrote:wingless wonders win again
Just don't tell Dougie Alf Ramsay used that same formation. Remember he thinks 4-4-2 is old fashioned as it is.  Very Happy

11dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 22:14

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He didnt play 4-4-2 ladies,he played 4-1-2-1-2 !!!! A Dougie special so he can deny 4-4-2 is working !!
From such a narrow midfield the overlapping of Baptiste and Ream worked wonders. Mavies and Danns were immense and difficult to pick between the two for Man of the Match. 
A great team performance all round, even the Rovers fans on the way home on the train admitted it should have been 7 or 8 !!!
Labouring a point I know but would that intensity,commitment,skill , result,  been evident if Pratley was playing ??? 
Most enjoyable match for such a long time but where the fuck did it come from ???? Roll on Leeds next week and see if this mood swing and team selection will carry on. COYWM

12dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sat Mar 01 2014, 22:16

Tigermin wrote:Labouring a point I know but would that intensity,commitment,skill , result,  been evident if Pratley was playing ??? 

You don't say..

13dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 00:00

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
Tigermin wrote:Labouring a point I know but would that intensity,commitment,skill , result,  been evident if Pratley was playing ??? 

You don't say..
Yeh That

14dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 01:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 games, 6 goals, 2 clean sheets, 6 points - things are certainly improving...

15dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 08:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been shite all season, two good wins doesn't change that. He's been forced into a change of tactics because his negative formation was taking us towards League 1 football next season.

And the simple fact is that his job is to develop the team long-term, you can't do that with so many loan signings.

His actual proper signings have been awful, I have absolutely no doubt we'll be in a similar position this time next season and sluffy will still be blaming Owen Coyle.

16dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 09:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:We've been shite all season, two good wins doesn't change that. He's been forced into a change of tactics because his negative formation was taking us towards League 1 football next season.

And the simple fact is that his job is to develop the team long-term, you can't do that with so many loan signings.

His actual proper signings have been awful, I have absolutely no doubt we'll be in a similar position next year
Unfortunately I have to agree with that. As long as DF and PG remain in charge we'll be facing this situation every year so far as I can see.

17dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 10:26

You can't put our reliance on loan signings down to DF, what choice does he have? We can't afford to bring anybody in permanently at the moment he'll have to wait until the end of the season when we can get our high earners off the bill.

He's done more towards the long term of the club than any of the last few managers with his acquisitions for the youth sides, he's said they should be starting to break through by next season.

He should have changed his tactics earlier, little doubt about that and considering we hit our good run last year playing the same way he shouldn't have changed away from it. That said he deserves credit for bringing in Mason and Juke to play it, couple that with the return from injury of Wheater and Mavies and we suddenly look more solid. He's made a lot of mistakes tactically, and I wonder if the players have been wanting to see this change too as they seem to be working much harder in the new system. He needs to stick with it now if he wants to get the fans back onside.

18dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 10:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But wasn't it enjoyable though. I know it's a bit like the condemned man enjoyed a hearty breakfast, but it's the first time since we beat Stoke last year that I could sit back in the seat ,3-0 up, with no opposition to speak of- and know that we'd won it.
I'm still smiling now.
And it means that any threat of relegation has virtually disappeared

19dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 10:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll be judged at the end of the season.

20dougie is he doing allright Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 11:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Let's not forget we won three in a row earlier in the season.
This is a crazy league. We lose 7-1 at Reading, Blackburn won 1-0 at Reading, and we beat Blackburn 4-0. Very few things are certain in the Championship, so it's strange how encouraged people can be by one or two solid wins.

Having said that the organisation yesterday was spot on, but then we've seen that here and there earlier in the season.

The big test for Dougie is what he does for the upcoming two away matches. It would be so him to revert to type for these matches, but I hope to be proved wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum