Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MMA or Bare Knuckle Street Fighting?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MMA or Bare Knuckle Street Fighting? Empty MMA or Bare Knuckle Street Fighting? Thu Mar 13 2014, 15:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I've tried watching MMA and just cant get on with it dont like all the floor stuff and take downs much prefer a stand up street fight between two sluggers punching away like the old stuff between Lenny Mclean and Roy Shaw. I'd like to see how kimbo slice would have fared in a street fight against any of those two at their peaks.Was watching MMA recently with the wife who reckons its gay with all the holding or cuddling as she calls it she agree's with me its ok slugging until it goes to the floor then its very boring. What's your thoughts on it? Its just too safe with a ref, give me unlicenced street fights any time. I know RT is a big fan.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This guy has neither arms nor legs but fair play to him.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mate fights in this MMA, and he's got me into it more, I must admit I like Boxing ,more though.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have always been a big fan of boxing but I started watching MMA in the mid nineties and got hooked on the concept of who was the greatest all round fighter.

A Jiu Jitsu world champion would get knocked out by a boxer if they both wore boxing gloves and could only punch one another. Likewise a good boxer would get taken down and easily beaten by a decent wrestler or ground fighter.

The idea behind MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts ) was to see who was the best in all the disciplines and that is really how the UFC was born. In the early days, Royce Gracie, a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black belt shocked the world by winning several open weight fighting competitions. At 5ft 11 and weighing just 175 pounds lbs he was able to dominate much heavier and stronger opponents by relying on speed and technique. Back then, there was no weight limit but Gracie was able to hold his own and win consistently against all the odds. Gracie opened the door for MMA to become a mainstream sport and is regarded as the Grandfather of MMA.

UFC 1 was screened live in 1993 and in just over twenty years it has become a multi-million dollar industry. The top fighters are professional athletes who are on very good money.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not all MMA fights go to the ground. The three round war between Stephan Bonnar and Forest Griffin was a fifteen minute slugfest with neither man giving an inch. In the UFC they fight with eight ounce gloves!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum