Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medo Kamara determined to make amends for unwanted assist

+2
wanderlust
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Medo Kamara was cursing his own bad luck as Wanderers’ good run came to a grinding halt against Brighton.

The midfielder played an inadvertent part in the visitors’ decisive goal, as his attempted tackle on opposite number Jake Caskey saw the ball run kindly for Will Buckley to slot home his second of the game.

It put a dampener on what had been a solid display by Medo – also one of Wanderers’ better performers in the last couple of months.

But the Sierra Leone international is determined not to let a “bad day at the office” de-rail what he felt has been a steady improvement by the Whites over the last couple of months.

“I don’t want that assist,” he said. “Even though the finish was a good one.

“I feel like I have been doing well for the team but I was unfortunate with that goal.

“It was my job to come and try to win the second ball from the striker. I made the tackle and then unfortunately it has given him the chance.

“I feel for the fans today, they must be frustrated, but so are the players.

“We had been on a good run but this was not a good day for us. It will get better again.

“We have to put this behind us and wait until next Saturday when we can start to correct our mistakes.”

Dougie Freedman has come under fire for making four changes to the side that ground out a draw at Derby in midweek but Medo has backed his manager’s decision.

“He knew we’ve been playing a lot and for this game I think we needed fresh legs. That is what we’ve tried to do,” he said.

“The manager has said to just get our heads down and try to improve.”

Having defended so well against Derby a few days earlier, Medo was especially disappointed that standards had slipped.

The 26-year-old ball-winner rates the Rams as the best side he has faced this season.

“Brighton played very well, the Leicester game was difficult but Derby was the hardest game – we had no time to attack and just had to defend,” he said.

“We showed then that we can defend. If we had done that all season we would not be in this position.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Fresh legs" may be the reason Trotter was brought in, but he didn't use them anywhere near enough.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually thought Medo's work rate was superb against Brighton. 

not a creative player in the slightest but you couldn't fault his effort IMO.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Felt a bit sorry for the lad myself, it was the sort of thing that can happen to anybody and with a bit of luck it wouldn't have been so costly. Personally I quite rate Medo as a defensive midfielder, he puts himself about pretty well and doesn't try to be fancy when he has the ball. He does the stuff he knows how to do well and strikes me as quite an intelligent player in terms of reading the game and finding the simplest pass. He's no Messi or anything, he's just a solid pro who does what he does to the best of his ability and generally with efficiency.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a genuine mistake. It came at a crucial time because it meant we went 2-0 down but you can't fault his commitment.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I had people near me saying Medo should come off but I was calling for Lee off. I thought Medo was having a very decent game, not everything was perfect but he was really giving his all and really rollocking other players from start to finish. Medo was giving a captains performance in my humble opinion. Even his so called mistake was just an unfortunate case of him putting the extra effort in to get a toe on the ball but the ball came off him in just what happened to be a perfect through ball for them. Reem could have done better in fairness...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum