Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You've Taken Over Bolton Wanderers.....

+5
xmiles
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With tradition - if we really wanted to go back to our roots, then why not build at Egerton?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I knew you'd somehow bring buses into it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I knew you'd somehow bring buses into it.

i get the sentiment but unfortunately the main problem is the millions and millions of pounds being spent on player wages.

not the pittance given to stagecoach

But that will have been dealt with long before any move back to Burnden Park - hence calling in either KPMG or D&T for an assessment in all areas of the business and to rectify the weaker areas. Hence by the time any proposal to move all other areas of the buiness will have, or be on the way to being rectified and and fit for purpose.

bwfc71 wrote:
But that will have been dealt with long before any move back to Burnden Park - hence calling in either KPMG or D&T for an assessment in all areas of the business and to rectify the weaker areas. Hence by the time any proposal to move all other areas of the buiness will have, or be on the way to being rectified and and fit for purpose.

You really are a know it all. Shut the fuck up.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You really are a know it all. Shut the fuck up.

You are only jealous as I seem to have more business nous then the Venky's and would do things more properly than what they have!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:With tradition - if we really wanted to go back to our roots, then why not build at Egerton?
Chapeltown/Edgworth.
...although I'm not sure if there's still an available site in Egerton where Frannie Lee's bog roll factory was.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Firstly: Tickets and Add-on Sales:
I'd look at the average home gate and give away any surplus to schoolkids +1. Then I'd sack off the caterers and bring it in-house with a goodly proportion geared to younger fans and have American-style vendors in the stands flogging pop, sweets, crisps etc. as well as installing vending machines everywhere. I'd also have club memorabilia, shirts, flags etc on sale in the stands and corridors.
That way:
1) Guaranteed full house every home game
2) Develop the next generation of Wanderers fans
3) Maximise the unit on site sales
Secondly: Youth policy
I'd try to match the "big clubs" in broadening the net and offering full board and education so that we could have a much more competitive youth set up. The offer should be geared to parents with a focus on child welfare and development etc. If we were to take say 50 kids p.a. on 2 yr contracts with first option and the average apprentice cost £30 grand a year to house, feed and train (economies of scale) our costs would be £300k p.a. plus contribution to fixed cost repayments say a total of £500k to £700k p.a. plus staff salaries of say £0.5 million (house matrons, welfare, trainers). Then we do a Ferguson. Pick the best 10 every year and extend until they're say 17 when we farm them out to other clubs to pay their wages. If they're any good we either bring them home or sell them to the club they've been on loan at. The rest we dump or flog. Bit of a lottery but should at least pay for itself and gives us a bigger shout at uncovering a few gems.
Finally: Scouting
Needs to be looked at. When you see competent players like Vorn turning up in the Dutch second division or Haangeland who we should have had for £3million it makes me wonder how they were missed. If we can find enough competent players at bargain prices to build the core of a larger squad it should liberate enough dosh to buy the occasional superstar striker or whatever is needed at the time. A little more investment in this department only needs to generate a few wins to more than pay for itself and move us forward.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

1. My first main thing would be to do away with our current youth setup, plough £200million into it and hire the best youth coaches in the world then send them over to scout Barcelonas academy so they can watch how they develop the young players.

2. Sack Owen Coyle along with his backroom team and hire Brendon Rogers and all his backroom staff at Swansea, giving him £100million to spend on players.

3. £150 for a season ticket for everyone.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:With tradition - if we really wanted to go back to our roots, then why not build at Egerton?
Chapeltown/Edgworth.
...although I'm not sure if there's still an available site in Egerton where Frannie Lee's bog roll factory was.

Going off topic slightly am I right in thinking that the ground where Chapletown FC play is the oldest football ground in the world?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chapeltown/Edgworth.

Going off topic slightly am I right in thinking that the ground where Chapletown FC play is the oldest football ground in the world?
Old Boltonians play there now and there is evidence to suggest that it is. Games were definitely played there prior to the formation of the league in 1863 although the modern day rules were still being formulated. Research sent to mods. Of interest to Wanderers and Rovers fans in particular.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One slight issue though. Since the boundary changes in 71 the ground is now technically in Blackburn.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:One slight issue though. Since the boundary changes in 71 the ground is now technically in Blackburn.

But it is still in Turton!!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I do share Hipster's frustration at the original post. I'd genuinely like to know what three things NW would do in this situation, instead of a comedy answer.

I haven't really thought about what I would do enough to provide a definitive answer. From a fans' matchday experience point of view I would install free wi-fi at the Reebok, provide outside smoking facilities for half time like they have at West Brom and Swansea, and replace the garbage catering facilities with a variety of quality, cheap, freshly prepared food such as massive barbeques or Chinese food.

If you had £600m to keep you going for the rest of your life, it wouldn't last very long if you were crazy enough to spend a massive chunk of it relocating the club after 15 years in a purpose built, state of the art stadium.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad you came back Largehat, adding a bit of sense to the debate too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Glad you came back Largehat, adding a bit of sense to the debate too.

I'm glad he's back, but I'm not going to tell him that. The ponce.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I do share Hipster's frustration at the original post. I'd genuinely like to know what three things NW would do in this situation, instead of a comedy answer.

They're not really comedy answers, if people looked at it as a business rather than a football club they could see where I am coming from.

I would definitely look to relocate the club. People don't like to hear this but Bolton Wanderers isn't sustainable in the town of Bolton anymore, especially if/when we drop into the Championship. Cumbria is a richer area with a lot less competition for supporters.

If that wasn't possible then I would look to increase the corporate side of things big time. I don't know the exact figures but Sheffield Wednesday did a study and came up with something like the average fan spent around £35 at a game, including ticket. A corporate fan spent £150. It doesn't take a genius to work out that corporate is where it's at. People keep telling us that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, so crowds are only going to dwindle further.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know it was a comedy answer, you know it was a comedy answer, everyone knows it was a comedy answer.

You know full well Bolton Wanderers is a founder member of the football league and for many, many Boltonians, the heartbeat of the town.

You've regaled us in the past with tales of joy and passion at away games in the decade before last. You wouldn't see the club ripped up and started again.

You've also been asked in the past why Bolton Wanderers? Why don't you support someone else? And you've replied that you've tried other clubs but always come back to your club.

So when you say you'd stick the club in a bloody nothing town like Kendal 70 miles away I know it's a big whopper.

I can accept you'd probably sack Coyle and all his staff but then you would have a practically unlimited budget to play with. Mourinho? Hiddink? No, Alan sodding Irvine.

I'm not even going to break down your bit about corporates eating KFC behind glass screens. That's just weird.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I know it was a comedy answer, you know it was a comedy answer, everyone knows it was a comedy answer.

You know full well Bolton Wanderers is a founder member of the football league and for many, many Boltonians, the heartbeat of the town.

You've regaled us in the past with tales of joy and passion at away games in the decade before last. You wouldn't see the club ripped up and started again.

You've also been asked in the past why Bolton Wanderers? Why don't you support someone else? And you've replied that you've tried other clubs but always come back to your club.

So when you say you'd stick the club in a bloody nothing town like Kendal 70 miles away I know it's a big whopper.

I can accept you'd probably sack Coyle and all his staff but then you would have a practically unlimited budget to play with. Mourinho? Hiddink? No, Alan sodding Irvine.

I'm not even going to break down your bit about corporates eating KFC behind glass screens. That's just weird.

LH, you're a traditionalist and that's fair enough. That's why you spend your life on an internet forum rather than running your own major UK company.

Some of us are visionaries who can see the bigger picture. Kendal may be a "nothing town" but it has wealthy people who would give their right arm for Kendal to have a Premier League team. Let's face it, Bolton folk hardly embrace their football club.

You're right, football was fantastic in the 90's, the club was going places and had passionate fans. We took more to places like Chesterfield, Hull and Rotherham than we now take to Everton, Norwich or Rovers. That club is dead. It's time to move on.

Finally, they wouldn't be serving KFC at the new ground, it would be something more upmarket like chicken in a basket or Steak and Ale Pie.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think that is possibly the funniest post you've ever written, Natasha. Actually laughed out loud, which isn't good, we are not supposed to use our smartphones in the houses of parliament. The sergeant-at-arms will be having a word. Here he comes now with his mace.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I think that is possibly the funniest post you've ever written, Natasha. Actually laughed out loud, which isn't good, we are not supposed to use our smartphones in the houses of parliament. The sergeant-at-arms will be having a word. Here he comes now with his mace.

Are you Nick Clegg? It would explain a lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum