Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Decreasing the Reebok.

+6
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
scottjames30
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Tue Apr 01 2014, 20:58

You're not all crashing at my gaff - let's just get that established right here and now.

There's a perfectly good Novatel down the road from us and I believe it does a decent breakfast.

Enjoy.

32Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Tue Apr 01 2014, 21:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will do Scott. I've been quite busy in the lab myself this week. I've developed a pen that writes under porridge. It has potential. My moles tell me that Magoo put a bet on the scummers to win tonight. He needs watching.

33Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Tue Apr 01 2014, 21:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've put the job in the BUM thread.

34Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Tue Apr 01 2014, 21:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bayern not creating anything.

35Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Tue Apr 01 2014, 21:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've just scored. Very Happy

36Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Tue Apr 01 2014, 22:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You're not all crashing at my gaff - let's just get that established right here and now.

There's a perfectly good Novatel down the road from us and I believe it does a decent breakfast.

Enjoy.
That's a shame, I bet you do a good fry up in a morning! Very Happy

37Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 09:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I agree though it should be smaller.

Have we ever actually sold out a game? Don't think so.
Bolton's record attendance (28,353) was against Leicester City in 2003, that must be pretty close to it!

I thought the biggest crowd was the Athletico Madrid game?

We even sold half the south lower and the whole upper tier to our fans.

38Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 09:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I agree though it should be smaller.

Have we ever actually sold out a game? Don't think so.
Bolton's record attendance (28,353) was against Leicester City in 2003, that must be pretty close to it!

I thought the biggest crowd was the Athletico Madrid game?

We even sold half the south lower and the whole upper tier to our fans.

Did they offer adults a tenner , and kids a quid or something?

39Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 11:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Instead of reducing capacity, give 10,000 free seats to schools, get ushers selling pop, crisps and sweets and/or a McDonalds franchise.
Should break even financially, make for a noisy atmosphere and develop the next generation of (paying) fans.

40Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 11:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Instead of reducing capacity, give 10,000 free seats to schools, get ushers selling pop, crisps and sweets and/or a McDonalds franchise.
Should break even financially, make for a noisy atmosphere and develop the next generation of (paying) fans.

That's way too obvious for the powers that be.

Amazing that the BWFC board is full of businessmen, but when it comes to the commercial aspect of the club they are fooking clueless.

41Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 11:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Instead of reducing capacity, give 10,000 free seats to schools, get ushers selling pop, crisps and sweets and/or a McDonalds franchise.

That's way too obvious for the powers that be.

Amazing that the BWFC board is full of businessmen, but when it comes to the commercial aspect of the club they are fooking clueless.

They could give tickets to junior football clubs, its how to recruit fans isn't it?

But Gartside would be retired by then so it doesn't matter to him.

42Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 11:50

Devil's advocate time.

The club relies heavily on season ticket sales to boost the coffers in the closed season and give us money to buy players.

If suddenly they start giving away vast swathes of free tickets, there's a chance that Average Joe The Season Ticket Holder is going to think "Renew? Fuck that, I'm not paying £600 when two thirds of the people in the ground haven't paid to get in!"

And that would be a bad thing because it would make our financial situation even worse than it is now (hard to believe it could be, I know...).

Don't all shout at me, I'm just trying to think like Gartside.

43Decreasing the Reebok. - Page 3 Empty Re: Decreasing the Reebok. Wed Apr 02 2014, 14:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Devil's advocate time.

The club relies heavily on season ticket sales to boost the coffers in the closed season and give us money to buy players.

If suddenly they start giving away vast swathes of free tickets, there's a chance that Average Joe The Season Ticket Holder is going to think "Renew? Fuck that, I'm not paying £600 when two thirds of the people in the ground haven't paid to get in!"

And that would be a bad thing because it would make our financial situation even worse than it is now (hard to believe it could be, I know...).

Don't all shout at me, I'm just trying to think like Gartside.
One of the lower league clubs (can't remember which) did a similar experiment and it worked a treat. Just need to kick the idea around for a bit. 
Sales for junior tickets can't add up to much  in the scheme of things so it could be "every paying adult can bring up to 2 kids for free"
Whatever the formula, the principle is get more in, sell more product, snacks and memorabilia etc and line up the next generation of fans - instead of them moping off to support Chelsea or City.
Reebok is a big asset so they should work it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum