Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you keep £50k that wasn't yours?

+3
boltonbonce
karlypants
doffcocker
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/video-mum-who-spent-9000-3380484

If some gormless fool puts money into your bank in error, should it be your responsibility to "do the right thing" with it?

You'd be an idiot to do what she did and spend it all straight away the likelihood is the mistake will be recognised and the bank will reclaim it. I'd just let it sit and hope for some millionaire's not going to notice they're £50k short.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You'd be an idiot to do what she did and spend it all straight away the likelihood is the mistake will be recognised and the bank will reclaim it. I'd just let it sit and hope for some millionaire's not going to notice they're £50k short.
With something happening like this (local council incorrect payment amount), keeping it in the bank as you say the payment would just get reversed.

With her quick spending of the £9K, they can't get it back the same can they.

She knew what she was doing.

I would have withdrawn it all and told them to fuck themselves! Very Happy

But they are going to get it back off her aren't they?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Supposing it had happened to somebody who regularly saw sums like that go into their account.

Would they be expected to know what was theirs and what wasn't?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:But they are going to get it back off her aren't they?
The remainder yes but it seems that the £9K has gone for good as they haven't mentioned if they will be taking it out of her benefit every time she receives it.

She was spared jail after ­admitting the offences. Instead she was given a 12-month community order and was ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Supposing it had happened to somebody who regularly saw sums like that go into their account.

Would they be expected to know what was theirs and what wasn't?

Yes as you would be doing your accounts or at least someone would be doing them!

I'd sit on it for twelve months then if they hadn't taken it back, I'd shove it in the savings account.

If you start moving it round too soon, you can't very well play the "I didn't know it was there" card.

And reading between the lines of that story, I don't think she's as pure and innocent as they're making out.

Ex-partner inside for drugs-related offences?

Bet she didn't know what he was up to either, eh......?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd donate it to a children's charity,then see if they'd risk the bad publicity of taking it back. If not,charity wins.

boltonbonce wrote:I'd donate it to a children's charity,then see if they'd risk the bad publicity of taking it back. If not,charity wins.
Nightmare scenario with that one is, they pursue you through the courts for their money that you gave away.

You can't very well ask the charity for it back, so they're fifty grand up.

The rightful owners of the money, the council, recover their money from you, so they're straight.

But you're now fifty grand down with a criminal record.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a chance!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'd donate it to a children's charity,then see if they'd risk the bad publicity of taking it back. If not,charity wins.
Nightmare scenario with that one is, they pursue you through the courts for their money that you gave away.

You can't very well ask the charity for it back, so they're fifty grand up.

The rightful owners of the money, the council, recover their money from you, so they're straight.

But you're now fifty grand down with a criminal record.
As a Native American,I'd play the ethnicity card. They're playing with fire.

Is it cos I is red?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like I'd be heading for the pokey. No reservation needed!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Looks like I'd be heading for the pokey. No reservation needed!
Up the BUM! Very Happy

Ba Dum.....Tish!

Please tip your waitress.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's put this another way. If you found a bag containing 40 grand in used notes,would you keep it?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Let's put this another way. If you found a bag containing 40 grand in used notes,would you keep it?
Yes, yes and YES!   :number1:

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:I'd sit on it for twelve months then if they hadn't taken it back, I'd shove it in the savings account.

If you start moving it round too soon, you can't very well play the "I didn't know it was there" card.

And reading between the lines of that story, I don't think she's as pure and innocent as they're making out.

Ex-partner inside for drugs-related offences?

Bet she didn't know what he was up to either, eh......?

:agree:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me too.Would you keep £50k that wasn't yours? Big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum