Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is The World A Harsher Place If You're Ugly?

+3
wanderlust
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Being mega-fit (not my words) and an ex-model obviously I have never had to think what life is like for an ugly person. But today I did.

This is Robert Berry, 42, who sadly died running the London Marathon at the weekend:

Is The World A Harsher Place If You're Ugly? _74246376_74245076

Nice guy by all accounts, and public donations to his chosen charity have risen to £30k since news of his death hit the internet.

Now this is Claire Squires, 30, who also sadly died at he London marathon in 2012:

Is The World A Harsher Place If You're Ugly? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7JmTbFqdu_yRmqy-rZoEX_NLo2tPRstskwUq4ISjbUwyYcsuBUw

Her donations rocketed to over £1m when news of her tragic death became public knowledge.

So why the huge difference? I can only assume it's because one is an average looking bloke in his 40s, the other a hot chick of 30. Are people more likely to dig deep for a hottie?

What are your thoughts? Are you more likely to get your credit card out for a pretty woman over an ugly one? Have you ever experienced this sort of uglyism? Have you been passed up for promotion because you look like Jamie Pollock after being slapped in the face for 12 hours by a fish?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you were interviewing someone for the job, for instance.

1. Someone cracking at the job but not too good looking.
2. Someone not so good at the job, but has a cracking body, great breasts, nice smile and generally fit.

I Know which one that i'd pass.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Being a model for Airfix doesn't count Natasha.

Think the woman in the photo looks like a bloke - a post-op trannie perhaps? - so I can't imagine her looks had anything to with the difference in donations received.

Maybe it's an ageist thing or something in the obit that tugged on the purse strings?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam the face of Farmers weekly.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't have this problem

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Think the woman in the photo looks like a bloke - a post-op trannie perhaps? - so I can't imagine her looks had anything to with the difference in donations received.

Great way to speak of the dead, you utter monster.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You tell me Natasha lol

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:You tell me Natasha lol

On a site full of munters I can't believe no one is prepared to tell their stories of failure due to their looks.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That theory explains a lot, actually.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum