Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Formation 3 5 2

+2
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Formation 3 5 2 Empty Formation 3 5 2 Sun Apr 08 2012, 21:22

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wigan do it with some success. We can't get anywhere with 442 because Mavies can't play in a two man centre mid - and our 451 is pretty poor now that we have to have Pratley instead of Muamba. Our full backs are not cutting it in the current set up and our striker - who ever plays is too isolated.

We need two men up top to have a chance of doing anything, and we need 5 in midfield so we don't get overrun. Our ONLY other option is to try 3 centre backs with wingbacks.

There are a number of combinations which could work for us with this set up...

Bogdan
Wheater Reem Ricketts
Steinsson................. Alonso
Mavies NRC Tuncay
Ngog Sordell

This formation manages to keep Knight out of the side. And Ricketts in. But it Alson employs both Alonso and Steinsson who like to get forward - but can defend too (albeit debatable).

We also manage to give Mavies the 5 man midfield he needs - and we can afford to lose Pratley because of the cover afforded by the wing backs. That gives us license to use Tuncay as an attacking midfielder (instead of stop gap Pratley)

Up top we can threaten more because, in addition to the wing support we have creative Mavies with the option of two strikers - the hard working Ngog and the new boy.

I think it's win freekin win!

2Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Sun Apr 08 2012, 21:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure it's worth discussing (no offense) because Coyle is not going to play that formation or them players, so it's a moot point really.

3Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Sun Apr 08 2012, 21:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you still got that alien probe up your arse jayjay? Owen Coyle doesn't do radical things like change formation. We all know it will be the same team that got tonked by Fulham.

4Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 07:34

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

jayjay23 wrote:Wigan do it with some success. We can't get anywhere with 442 because Mavies can't play in a two man centre mid - and our 451 is pretty poor now that we have to have Pratley instead of Muamba. Our full backs are not cutting it in the current set up and our striker - who ever plays is too isolated.

We need two men up top to have a chance of doing anything, and we need 5 in midfield so we don't get overrun. Our ONLY other option is to try 3 centre backs with wingbacks.

There are a number of combinations which could work for us with this set up...

Bogdan
Wheater Reem Ricketts
Steinsson................. Alonso
Mavies NRC Tuncay
Ngog Sordell
This formation manages to keep Knight out of the side. And Ricketts in. But it Alson employs both Alonso and Steinsson who like to get forward - but can defend too (albeit debatable).

We also manage to give Mavies the 5 man midfield he needs - and we can afford to lose Pratley because of the cover afforded by the wing backs. That gives us license to use Tuncay as an attacking midfielder (instead of stop gap Pratley)

Up top we can threaten more because, in addition to the wing support we have creative Mavies with the option of two strikers - the hard working Ngog and the new boy.

I think it's win freekin win!

bit short on wingers, matey

5Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:25

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Our last Wingback who had any sort of speed was Gardner about 5 years ago
All we have now are slugs who can't run any faster than my granny

Sordell has to come into the equation at some point

Does this guy have the record for not using players he signs
Waste of time and money

Also , where are our returning injured
Have they left the planet

Finished moaning now but its only frustration

6Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think OC has adopted a siege mentality, and is trying to last the season without change, seeming to think this will do. A blinkered outlook,

7Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I think OC has adopted a siege mentality, and is trying to last the season without change, seeming to think this will do. A blinkered outlook,

100% true and very, very frustrating.

Today is a great chance to shake things up and give Vela & Sordell their chance, but we all know it'll be the usual suspects.

8Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:42

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Just confirms his total lack of imagination and confidence in his own management decision making.
if he worked for my company he would have been sidelined months ago, actually he would never have been hired in the first place.
All down to Fartside really,

I fear for our future !!!

9Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:47

Owen Coyle is doing the best he can with limited resources. Everyone is desperate for Sordell to play, but for all we know he's a lazy bastard in training and Coyle doesn't feel he deserves his chance.

Coyle will keep us up then perhaps some of you will give him the credit he deserves.

10Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No disrespect, but how long does he need? he's been with us 2 years now, and many of the players are the ones he's borught in. I like OC, but I genuinely think he's out of his depth.

11Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:55

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

agree agree agree

12Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 12:01

gloswhite wrote:No disrespect, but how long does he need? he's been with us 2 years now, and many of the players are the ones he's borught in. I like OC, but I genuinely think he's out of his depth.

I know I'm in the minority in supporting OC right now - but I really feel we've seen glimpses of something special. He's working towards a young team that can play football and we have to give him more time.

Imagine Holden and Lee in the current team, with maybe two more good Summer signings, and I really feel we could go places. It's all about staying up right now though.

13Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 12:11

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hes had 2 years
How long does it take

Bring Gary back

joking

14Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 12:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

OOO, I think your right in what you say, but he's made a complete cock-up of going about it, and doesn't seem to be learning any lessons from it. In the meantime, he's driving a multi-million pound club and organisation into an area where we may not recover, if ever, for many years. He's been allowed to play with something that means so much to so many people, by a chairman who is too proud, or stupid, to either stop it, or get in some help for him. Rather than a piss-poor backroom team, I think we would have done better if we had sent him on courses to become a Project Manager prior to taking over Smile

15Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:07

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

surely thats nots the team for today???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:14

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

No , this is it from SKY
14.07 Bolton team:

Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Eagles, M Davies, Pratley, Reo-Coker, Petrov, K Davies.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Alonso, Knight, Klasnic, Ngog, Sordell, Miyaichi.

Should be goal feast for us then !!!
At least Knight isn't in there

Soo is this 442 or 451 or 4411 4312 or what?

???

17Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Who knows what formation it will eventually be, as they all go to rat-shit in their positional play, trying to cover for those who don't know what they're doing.

18Formation 3 5 2 Empty Re: Formation 3 5 2 Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good to Steinsson back though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum