Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halal

+9
scottjames30
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
wanderlust
Angry Dad
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Halal Empty Halal Fri May 09 2014, 11:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This country is really starting to piss me off with it's pandering to Muslims fuck is wrong with them,I know where my vote is going from now on.

2Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's your problem AD? Is that nasty government forcing you to eat Halal meat and worship in the local mosque again? How dare they question your right to eat what you want and worship whatever you want. This used to be a free country. Bastards.

3Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am more astonished that people do not get on the back of the Jewish religion whose slaughter methods are EXACTLY the same as  that as Muslims and yet there are far more Jewish in this country than Muslims!

Fact is anything that is classed as Halal/Kosher has to be stunned if slaughtered in this country, but a prayer is given to the animal before the stun!  Any Halal/Kosher meat that is not stunned, by law, has to come from outside the UK and the majority of that actually comes from New Zealand!  If a slaughter house is found to be breaking the law then it loses its licence and is forced to close down!

Therefore, given the fact that it is not just Muslims but Jewish as well and the fact that we have a strong enough law, as it is, then I have no fear or threat from Halal/Kosher - lets not forget that by Christian scriptures we also have to slaughter the meat in the traditional way (i.e. same as Kosher/Halal) so, religiously speaking, we are condemning our own religion because of our humanitarian ways!  Religious contradiction, or what!!!

With regards to subway and Pizza Express - Subway it is only 7% of all their stores in the UK and we could possibly guess which stores will be Halal/Kosher and which aren't!   Whereas Pizza Express, I have never been to them and never will not because of the Halal but because they are expensive for what  they do and what you get!!!

4Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem is that they are allowed to circumvent the law, and butcher animals causing unspeakable pain and distress based on a fairy tale, with absolutely no scientific evidence what so ever to speak of.

absolutely baffling that our law makers deem this positive, and gleefully espouse the virtues of it.

so while I absolutely agree with religious freedom, this is another issue all together.

5Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I am more astonished that people do not get on the back of the Jewish religion whose slaughter methods are EXACTLY the same as  that as Muslims and yet there are far more Jewish in this country than Muslims!

Fact is anything that is classed as Halal/Kosher has to be stunned if slaughtered in this country, but a prayer is given to the animal before the stun!  Any Halal/Kosher meat that is not stunned, by law, has to come from outside the UK and the majority of that actually comes from New Zealand!  If a slaughter house is found to be breaking the law then it loses its licence and is forced to close down!

Therefore, given the fact that it is not just Muslims but Jewish as well and the fact that we have a strong enough law, as it is, then I have no fear or threat from Halal/Kosher - lets not forget that by Christian scriptures we also have to slaughter the meat in the traditional way (i.e. same as Kosher/Halal) so, religiously speaking, we are condemning our own religion because of our humanitarian ways!  Religious contradiction, or what!!!

With regards to subway and Pizza Express - Subway it is only 7% of all their stores in the UK and we could possibly guess which stores will be Halal/Kosher and which aren't!   Whereas Pizza Express, I have never been to them and never will not because of the Halal but because they are expensive for what  they do and what you get!!!

It doesn't have to be stunned.

While European law requires animals to be stunned before slaughter, the UK has an exemption in place for halal and kosher killing. 

European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds.
Earlier this year the Danish government decided to remove this exemption and said that “animal rights come before religion”. It joined Switzerland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland in banning the religious slaughter.
Last year politicians in Britain said they would not be outlawing halal slaughter without pre-stunning despite pressure from activists including the RSPCA, which has in the last week brought a new e-petition for them to do so.

6Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vote with your feet then. Don't buy it. 
And if you want to get all ALF about it, don't buy 90% of the meat products that are on the shelves of the average supermarket. You wouldn't if you visited the majority of (non-Muslim) chicken farms or slaughterhouses. It's a convenient misconception that our meat is grown and slaughtered "humanely" - if slaughtering animals can be considered humane.

Of course none of these animals would even exist if the demand for corpses wasn't so high. Their very existence is unnatural.

7Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Veggie! It's the future.Halal Salad

8Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I am more astonished that people do not get on the back of the Jewish religion whose slaughter methods are EXACTLY the same as  that as Muslims and yet there are far more Jewish in this country than Muslims!

While European law requires animals to be stunned before slaughter, the UK has an exemption in place for halal and kosher killing. 

European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds.
Earlier this year the Danish government decided to remove this exemption and said that “animal rights come before religion”. It joined Switzerland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland in banning the religious slaughter.
Last year politicians in Britain said they would not be outlawing halal slaughter without pre-stunning despite pressure from activists including the RSPCA, which has in the last week brought a new e-petition for them to do so.

But the English and Welsh law clearly states that ALL animals have to be stunned before being slaughtered!  Therefore it cannot contradict itself.

As it is all thee licenced slaughter houses whether Halal/Kosher or not do stun the animals.  As for the non-licenced thy are being closed down on a daily basis.

But like Wanderlust states - ALL animals are slaughtered and there is no humane way of doing it - even stunning the animals means shocking them which means a sharp pain, and even when stunned they feel pain!!!

Bt we all forget one thing, how many of us have never had a shwoarma or a Kebab after a night out?  Even they are Halal!!!

9Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 13:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have no problem with eating Halal meat, its still the same meat after all. The problem is all these companies like Subway telling us we can't have real ham and bacon and making us eat the halal version. Surely we are still the majority and places like Subway should cater for everyone and stock both versions, but of course this will never happen

10Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 14:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

But the English and Welsh law clearly states that ALL animals have to be stunned before being slaughtered!  Therefore it cannot contradict itself.

As it is all thee licenced slaughter houses whether Halal/Kosher or not do stun the animals.  As for the non-licenced thy are being closed down on a daily basis.

But like Wanderlust states - ALL animals are slaughtered and there is no humane way of doing it - even stunning the animals means shocking them which means a sharp pain, and even when stunned they feel pain!!!

Bt we all forget one thing, how many of us have never had a shwoarma or a Kebab after a night out?  Even they are Halal!!!

There's no contradiction, it's quite clear, didn't you read the above bit in bold? Muslims and Jews can choose how they kill animals, others can't. Basically they can circumvent the law of the land. 

Like you say many halal/kosher slaughters do choose to use stunning, some dont and are not required too. 

I think we all understand how the world works at this point, I'm under no illusions that meat is in demand and animals will be killed for it, but why not make that experience as painless as we can, barbaric animal cruelty based on ancient text's with no basis in reality should not be entertained by our law makers, but alas it's positively encouraged, strange.

11Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster turns another thread into a religious war.

12Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 14:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're right nat, this has nothing to do with religion.

13Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 14:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You're right nat, this has nothing to do with religion.

Seriously, if you disrespect religion again I am going to ring plod and report a hate crime. You Aberdeen ponce.

14Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 14:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i have no problem with eating Halal meat, its still the same meat after all. The problem is all these companies like Subway telling us we can't have real ham and bacon and making us eat the halal version. Surely we are still the majority and places like Subway should cater for everyone and stock both versions, but of course this will never happen
This is a business decision. Subway aren't telling you that you can't have ham and bacon and they aren't making you eat anything.
They are saying they don't want to sell ham and bacon which is entirely within their rights.
They don't sell concrete mixers or Ferrari's either - they choose their offering on the basis of what they think will make them most profit.
Surely your response to that should be to get your bacon butties from somewhere that sells them? You are a free man - you can shop wherever you wish!

But I'd advise you not to go to Top Man if you want to buy a fridge.

15Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but surely as the majority of this country are not muslim or Jewish then this isn't a business decision, its pandering to religion and the minority again.

Subway will end up losing business because of this, if thats ok with them then its ok with me, as you say i can eat elsewhere and will do.

As for the fridge info, very useful!

16Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 15:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:but surely as the majority of this country are not muslim or Jewish then this isn't a business decision, its pandering to religion and the minority again.

Subway will end up losing business because of this, if thats ok with them then its ok with me, as you say i can eat elsewhere and will do.

My thoughts too.

17Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The answer is to vote UKIP at the next election. Nigel will make Subway sell bacon again.

18Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 15:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:You're right nat, this has nothing to do with religion.

Seriously, if you disrespect religion again I am going to ring plod and report a hate crime. You Aberdeen ponce.

I don't understand religion. People should make up their own minds about what animals they should and shouldn't eat. People should do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because they think they're going to hell if they don't.

Admit it, the world would be a better place without religion.

19Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 15:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Admit it, the world would be a better place without religion.

That's it, I've just called plod. If religion was a load of bollocks would there be a bible? The bible wasn't written last year by Peter Andre, it was written centuries ago by people who went to school/work/magic club with Jesus Christ himself.

People say there is no proof, but the proof is in that book. No one ever argues with the evidence in the Kama Sutra.

20Halal Empty Re: Halal Fri May 09 2014, 16:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bible wasn't written by anyone who met or even knew Jesus or even witnessed anything he did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next