Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley move in with £1.5million move for Bolton's long-term target Jutkiewicz

+2
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are just 24 hours away from missing out on Lukas Jutkiewicz to local rivals Burnley.

It is understood the Premier League club yesterday met Middlesbrough’s £1.5million asking price for the 25-year-old striker and are now keen to press ahead with the deal.

That leaves the Whites with a swift decision to make. Sources close to the player are still insisting he would favour a move to the Macron Stadium but with Derby County, Wolves and now Burnley offering a route away from Teesside, Jutkiewicz wants to see his future sorted quickly.

Dougie Freedman is desperately short on firepower with just a month remaining until the Championship season kicks-off at Watford.

Jermaine Beckford and Craig Davies are the only senior strikers available for the pre-season tour of Scandinavia, which kicks-off tonight at Brondby.

And there is no doubt who Wanderers fans want to see their club invest in – with a landslide 83 per cent of them voting on our website in favour of making the former Everton front man the number one target of the summer.

Jutkiewicz, dubbed “Juke” by the supporters last season, proved a massive hit on the terraces with seven goals in 20 appearances.

His form attracted interest from several Championship clubs but the move made by top flight Burnley yesterday is bound to have caused serious concern at Wanderers.

The Clarets have already shelled out £500,000 to sign Marvin Sordell this summer and could now land another blow on their Lancashire rivals.

The Whites had been reluctant to enter into a bidding war for the striker and have waited patiently as a bid from Derby was rejected by Boro.

Burnley now appear to have set the price, leaving Eddie Davies and Phil Gartside with their biggest decision of the summer.

Meanwhile, sources in Coventry claim the Sky Blues are not in talks with Tom Eaves as has been heavily rumoured in the last few weeks.

Steven Pressley has been strongly linked with the 22-year-old target man and monitored his progress last season. But reports in the Midlands claim he is not on a shortlist of three strikers the Scot is looking to sign before the start of the season.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well done gartside you fucking tight fat cunt!

::mad:: 

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hope the inbred skanks get battered all over the prem along with their so-called Suicide Squad band of faggots...

Everything is shit about Burnley.

I'm fucking seething, this has ruined my day. Letting a player we obviously need go to those twats

I'm actually in the  contemplating posting Gartys address and the pub where he drinks on a few 'less friendly' Bolton sites. I hate the cunt. I have it as I know people who live near him in Nantwich.

Asset stripping the squad, yet refuses to let us spend an extra 500k on a player we really need, wonder if he's taken a salary cut himself?

This is the last straw, there is going to be major trouble at the reebok next season until changes are afoot.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry for the above posts, but im so angry right now. I actually want to see gartside either come out and tell the truth to the fans, or be terrorized in to leaving. ban me if you don't agree.

I'm heading up a gartside out campaign on social media if any non-happy clappers want to help.

Club will get nowhere with this twat holding the purse strings.

Same with Eddie too - thank you and goodnight, times up pal, your too poor now, put us up for sale and move on. sell us to somebody who can afford us.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Sorry for the above posts, but im so angry right now. I actually want to see gartside either come out and tell the truth to the fans, or be terrorized in to leaving. ban me if you don't agree.

Jesus mate, it's only a game.

Wtf would you want to terrorise anybody over a bunch of overpaid twentysomethings kicking a ball about for?

Think you need to chill a lot Rebel before you say or do something that might get yourself locked up.

Seriously.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Sorry for the above posts, but im so angry right now. I actually want to see gartside either come out and tell the truth to the fans, or be terrorized in to leaving. ban me if you don't agree.

Jesus mate, it's only a game.

Wtf would you want to terrorise anybody over a bunch of overpaid twentysomethings kicking a ball about for?

Think you need to chill a lot Rebel before you say or do something that might get yourself locked up.

Seriously.

Sluffy - Gartside is leaching this club of anything of value and refusing to allow any investment while still taking his own ridiculous salary. I want him to answer questions on the club and his involvement in it honestly - not pick and chose the questions and whom he invites to hear them beforehand.

Something does not smell right.

Changing from a PLC to to Ltd company too also reeks of dodgy dealing - only reason why they have done this is so that they can keep information from companies house and by extension, HMRC and the public. the costs of running a PLC as opposed to a normal Ltd company are next to nothing - so why the lies that it would save us money, it will save us a few grand if that.

Look in to his history - he's not exactly squeaky clean is he?

you may be happy to sit back and watch a few ridiculously rich individuals strip my beloved club of all its worth for their own gain, but im not. im not letting it happen. sorry.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well ignoring the fact that Gartside is only Eddie Davies de facto (Gartside is the monkey but Davies is the organ grinder), then make your point in the right way and don't plan to terrorise any one.

At the end of the day BWFC is a business, in the entertainment industry and nominally owned outright by one man, Eddie Davies.

Gartside is no more than Davies apointee, who he can replace anytime he wants. In short Gartside does what Davies wants.

To terrorise a person just because you don't like what they are doing to a business is simply absurd - I'm sure you don't do that to any other business that you give your custom to.

It's a game of football ffs!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy... im not talking about terrorizing garty in the kind of 'letter bomb' way... hell no.

Just make his visits to the reebok a total misery, protest, hurl abuse at him as he leaves, hound him out... not hurt him, just hound him out like we did with megson.

If you think my opionion is a bit far-fetched... have you read this?

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25210

What are your thoughts?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if Burnley are after him he will go there and why not? He will have the chance to play in the Premiership and he has his own career to think about. He can't wait for our dithering owner and Chairman forever.

If we have another bad start to the season and don't sign at least one striker the mood at the Macron is going to be very ugly indeed.

If the price has really gone up to £1.5 million then we have no chance. I'd be really surprised if Burnley did sign him though, that would give them - Sordell, Patterson, Ings, Vokes and Juke as senior strikers. Surely they have more pressing areas to fill.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, I read that when it was first published and the writer, you and the huge bulk of Bolton fans all still miss the point which is the club is privately owned and used to make money for the owner/s.

Note making money does not mean the same as having a successful - or even ambitious - football team.

I've tried to explain many times that the owners current strategy is to make money from the land around the club which it owns (or at least as a very long term lease on).

Yes it would be good if the club could generate profits but a stint in the Premier league for over a decade showed them that they can't compete financially at that level on a sustained basis and that being a club that could do a Burnley (get promoted on the cheap and put in minimum investment to hopefully stay up for a season or two) is the only financially feasable way to go. And fwiw, I agree with that thinking.

Nearly all the fans, such as your goodself, care about is the club being successful but those who own the club think about a return on their investment in their business - and that it certainly isn't coming from football.

Fans think with their hearts - the owner is thinking with his wallet - and the two are not the same.

QED.

So are you saying we needn't worry about the staggering amount of debt then, Sluff?

(I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely confused by all this.)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:So are you saying we needn't worry about the staggering amount of debt then, Sluff?

(I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely confused by all this.)

Well the owner/s don't seem to be - so why should we?

There's something not right with the amount of debt we have on several levels.

Where did it come from - sacking a few managers and buying a few dud players - all clubs do that but none of them have anything like the £160 million debt we have.

How was it financed - £150 million put into the club by Davies when the Times newspaper says the most he was ever worth was £93 million - it doesn't stack up to me.

How do we manage the debt - apparantly all the interest charged on the debt was waived last year - who is rich enough to plough even more money into the club to keep it going - it won't be showing a profit on the next set of accounts to be published that's for sure - whilst getting nothing back in return - possible even losing the lot if the club folded?  Doesn't make any sense does it?

All seems very odd to me - who would be putting millions in to an apparently badly run business (debt shooting up for £30 odd million to £160 odd million in a few years), with little chance of seeing a return on their investment and all overseen by a chairman (an accountant no less) who is still in a job!

Seems to me that no one wants to turn the financial taps off anytime soon - there was money there to develop the plan for the development of the land and obtain planning permission, so to answer your question, no I don't think we have anything to worry about in respect of that debt in the short term at least - and probably longer.

Then again I don't think all the money as come / is coming from the wallet of a retired employee of a kettle firm either - but that is just my opinion.

So are you suggesting that there's someone else behind the scenes who we don't know about, pumping money in hand over fist?

Why would someone want to plough money into BWFC / Burnden Liesure / Moonshift / Whoever the fuck it is who is in charge?

Unless the plan to make a shit load of cash from all the ancillary gubbins around the football club and pretty much forget the actual footballing side of things.

But how would that work if the football club wound up in the Conference and everybody walked away?

Surely it's all being marketed under the BWFC banner, so if that "brand" dies, presumably the rest would follow....?

None of this murky bollocks makes any sense to me and I'm seriously worried that there won't be a BWFC in ten years.

And I'll blame Gartside and ED for that.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well the money is financed from Bermuda/the Carbibean.

Can you possibly think of anyone who might have millions of dollars from there, sat around doing nothing, looking for some place to 'invest' it and not worrying too much if it shows a profit or not?

Far fetched?

Probably Certainly.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Off topic, found a link that is supposedly showing our game vs brondby (6pm kick off)

http://kanalsport.dk/

Sluffy wrote:Well the money is financed from Bermuda/the Carbibean.

Can you possibly think of anyone who might have millions of dollars from there, sat around doing nothing, looking for some place to 'invest' it and not worrying too much if it shows a profit or not?

Far fetched?

Probably Certainly.

Money laundering?

Or have I misinterpreted what you're getting at?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm told by a Burnley fan that Vokes will miss most of the season because of an injury he picked up at the end of last season, so they my be a bit light on strikers (not as bad as us though!)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Well the money is financed from Bermuda/the Carbibean.

Far fetched?

Probably Certainly.

Money laundering?

Or have I misinterpreted what you're getting at?

That would be illegal of course and would get a lot of people locked up if it was true.

Joking aside - it would fit with what we know and does make you think along those lines though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It had to happen and I wish Juke well in the Premiership. Wouldn't surprise me if Dougie got the message some time ago and has been looking for an alternative. Personally I don't think Juke is all that he's cracked up to be but seeing as we paid £1million - several years ago  - for Eaves, it's probably a fair price.

Dougie found Juke for us - now credit him with the opportunity to find someone else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum