Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter »  Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha

Allardyce's Best player - The FINAL - Youri Djorkeaff v Jay Jay Okocha

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

So, who is your number one?

54% 54% [ 19 ]
46% 46% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 35

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Admin
It's finally here - the final!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The seedings worked out perfectly as ranked number one Youri Djorkeaff meets ranked number two Jay Jay Okocha.

Not much to say in terms of match build up as you all know these two wonderful players, the jewels of Allardyce's reign at the Reebok, so up to you to vote and decide...Allardyce's Best Player!

Who did you pick?

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
This was a REALLY hard call. But I've gone for Jay Jay by a whisker. It was just down to how it felt to watch him play and the buzz he brought to us all. Youri was top class, he was awesome but Jay Jay was just plain MAGIC.

I wouldn't blame anyone who went for Youri because he was a world cup winner and still close to his very best when he came here. I just think Jay Jay brought a tiny extra something, a special buzz and lift that made us all smile every time he played. It's that close, it's really almost impossible to pick between them.

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:06; edited 1 time in total

Okocha achieved more with us.

This is like choosing between your kids.........

I'm not voting yet, I've got some serious thinking to do....... scratch

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes it harder.

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
sorry no contest for me, Youri all the way, more consistent and inflluential than Jay Jay in my opinion. As i said in the semi-final the best player to ever wear the white shirt.

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Jay Jay had the most talent without question.

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Youri

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I'm presuming we're voting on their ability while playing under Allardyce, and not ever.

I appreciated the flair of Okocha as much as the next man and consider myself very lucky to have witnessed him play at all, never mind for my hometown club. At the point he played for us though, he wasn't contributing as much as he used to and it soon tailed off into fleeting glimpses of genius.

We got Djorkaeff a year or so after winning the Euros and the previous World Cup (1998?) and he was still a master of the game. Fortunately, he got to play alongside Jay Jay and Campo which probably helped his cause a little.

Very tough call but it has to be Youri for me.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Jay Jay for me.

Keegan

Sad Tough call...

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I could toss a coin for this one,but I'm going for Jay Jay,if only for the buzz of anticipation he always gave me whenever he had the ball. However it goes they are 2 legends. We were blessed to see them both in a Wanderers shirt.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The last Bolton shirt I bought had Okocha on the back. Smile

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Youri a true professional and awesome talent ! Ditto Jay Jay so its a heavenly draw for me !

Keegan

I have the highest respect for Youri Djorkaeff. I have to vote for Jay-Jay though.

Biggie

Admin
So good they paid him twice, oh hang on... 11-11 after my vote... Maybe call it a draw.

Keegan

I say close the poll here. It would be so unfortunate if either of these brilliant Bolton legends lost!

Agreed.

It seems fitting, given the comments on this thread.

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Keegan wrote:I say close the poll here. It would be so unfortunate if either of these brilliant Bolton legends lost!

Sorry Keegan- I just spoiled your eminently sensible suggestion by voting for Jay Jay. That was based on the sheer entertainment value that he added so often when he was in possession.
C'mon someone else and vote for Youri

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
A few years ago I won a bright yellow Wanderers shirt which had been signed by JJ. I treasure it so much, I can't bring myself to wear it outside! Got to keep it pristine......

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Youri for me.... only just. Jay Jay was brilliant to watch when he was on form but he didn't score enough goals.

Keegan

Ok, can we close the poll now and declare a tie?

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
too late Youri's in the lead again

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think this poll shows just how stupid Bolton fans are.

Okocha was an average player at best. Yes, he had some nice skills where it didn't matter, scored a few wonder goals, and certainly helped get the BWFC brand known across the world.

But fans seem to forget there was a substantial part of his Bolton career where his name was booed when the teamsheet was read out. He was often in the team simply because he had a long throw, and when he did get within sight of goal the ball often ended up in row Z. And he certainly didn't create much.

Yes, remember the great free kick against Villa and the fantastic run and shot against West Ham - but for 95% of his BWFC career he was rubbish. If he'd been some skinny white dude from Birmingham he wouldn't even have been in this competition.

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:I think this poll shows just how stupid Bolton fans are.

Okocha was an average player at best. Yes, he had some nice skills where it didn't matter, scored a few wonder goals, and certainly helped get the BWFC brand known across the world.

To a Bolton fan that's quite outstanding  Laughing

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:I think this poll shows just how stupid Bolton fans are.

But fans seem to forget there was a substantial part of his Bolton career where his name was booed when the teamsheet was read out. He was often in the team simply because he had a long throw, and when he did get within sight of goal the ball often ended up in row Z. And he certainly didn't create much.

Yes, remember the great free kick against Villa and the fantastic run and shot against West Ham - but for 95% of his BWFC career he was rubbish. If he'd been some skinny white dude from Birmingham he wouldn't even have been in this competition.

Lighten up Nat. This was just a bit of fun  in a time where everything you see on the News is depressing, violent and bordering on the horrific.
 Both these guys did great things for the club in our best seasons for half a century. The outcome is inconsequential- but compared to what we have to watch now at the Reebok, they were great days. Days ,I would suggest that most of us will never see again

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
there is no way Okocha was ever booed at a Bolton game!

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:there is no way Okocha was ever booed at a Bolton game!

I remember many times his name being booed when the teams were read out - he went through a spell towards the end of his BWFC career where he was rubbish.

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
he might not have been at his best at the end of his BWFC career but i still can't remember it ever happening. Anyone else remember this happening? If it did it just goes to show that i really am starting to get old!

It's a lie.

I challenged Whittam over it earlier on the Forest thread and despite "her" responding to every other comment aimed at "her" since 11:45 today within about thirty seconds, "she's" ducked that one...

Draw your own conclusions......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum