Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Modern Music Shite?

+11
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
bwfc71
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was a kid listening to Public Enemy and London Posse my Dad used to send the butler up to my room to tell me to "turn that bloody shite down". And then round the table during our evening meal he would bang on about how the music of today was a disgrace and he pitied the youth who had to listen to such crap.

I vowed I would never become like my Dad but yesterday I found myself saying "they don't make music like they used to" to my nephew who was listening to some pop-dance shite that would have made Jason Donovan cringe.

I'm right though aren't I, the music being made today is soulless and the people making it have the personalities of a BWFC happy clapper.

For me the 90's were the business, I feel privileged to have grown up through that era. But is everyone just nostalgic for the era when they were a teenager because that's when they were most interested in music? Or am I right, is modern music shite?

2Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Depends what you are into.
Despite my age and the fact I was into music back into the 60's I have quite a liking for Rudimental and Disclosure, a bit similar, aren't half bad.
Would have thought One Direction would be right up your street!!

3Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:10

Modern music is 99% shite.

I don't think anybody could rationally argue against that statement - you all know it's true.

What I want to know is when did R&B go from meaning The Stones and The Yardbirds to shit like this:

How can that bollocks be classed as Rhythm & Blues......?

4Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:10

All mainstream music is shit nowadays, if you know where to look there's plenty of brilliant stuff though.

5Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:18

I hope you're not referring to the bored mice running up and down on a Bontempi organ that you posted last night....?

Listening to that actually made me go to bed in the end because I fell asleep twice.....

6Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:23

Axel Bolman's popular at the moment, definitely growing in this country. Don't be so arrogant as to think  the only good music is yours. It's subjective.

7Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:24

And if what you've posted above is the limit of your 'modern music' knowledge then it's no wonder you think it's shit. You don't know where to look.

8Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still some great modern music around,even if a lot of it harks back to earlier times. Sarah Jarosz,for instance is a young woman with immense talent. If you get a chance to see her and her band it will be well worth the effort.

9Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only really speak for hip-hop as that's the music world I live in. I remember turning on MTV in the 90's and there would always be a cool hip-hop tune playing. Turn it on now and it's full of muscle bound wankers rapping about money and partying. Absolute bullshit.

Where is the rage in modern music?

10Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:28

bwfc1874 wrote:Axel Bolman's popular at the moment, definitely growing in this country. 

If that's true, it reinforces Whittam's point.

Modern music buyers are settling for bland shite and being fooled into thinking it's good.

I once heard Coldplay referred to as a "rock" band.....

They're about as Rock & Roll as a Sunday school picnic....

Music's supposed to stir the emotions and get you going, not make you yawn and go to bed.......

11Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:31

There is some decent Hip Hop out there still, Nat.

Check dis out, Boyeeeeee!

12Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cold play are musical haemorrhoids.

13Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Modern music buyers are settling for bland shite and being fooled into thinking it's good.

I think bland is the best way to describe modern music. Artists know there's loads of cash to be made from music-by-numbers with no balls or message.

14Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:33

Again Coldplay? Your naming shit mainstream acts.

Name some other 'modern musicians' you know - I'm sure they are shit but that probably says more about where you find music than anything else. 

Your attitude to this is the same as everything else,  it was all better before and everything's gone shit now and you're right and nobody else has a clue. I really can't be bothered with it to be honest, just accept other people have different taste to you and it doesn't make them wrong.

15Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:39

bwfc1874 wrote:Again Coldplay? Your naming shit mainstream acts.

Name some other 'modern musicians' you know - I'm sure they are shit but that probably says more about where you find music than anything else. 

Your attitude to this is the same as everything else,  it was all better before and everything's gone shit now and you're right and nobody else has a clue. I really can't be bothered with it to be honest, just accept other people have different taste to you and it doesn't make them wrong.

Do you ever stop for a minute and think "Maybe I'm taking this too seriously?"

I'm taking the piss.

Don't get your knickers in a twist....

16Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is fucking brilliant. Real music. Drink it in you lowbrows.

17Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This forum needs to attract a younger audience...

18Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm 42 and still love discovering new music and going to see gigs, there are plenty of great new bands and musicians out there if you know where to look. By the way Nat i used to love London Posse as well!

There are a couple of great new hip hop bands around, Young Fathers and Ratking to name a couple and loads of other indie or alternative bands that are great and there are too many to mention here.. Its my passion discovering new music but as i've got older my tastes have broadened and i have been listening to stuff from before i was born.

I've discovered a love for Bob Dylan, Nick Drake and been listening to a lot of the old blues musicians, i also downloaded the Faces best of the other day as well.

Going to gigs is my other passion and now i live in Manchester its all on my doorstep!

19Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:This forum needs to attract a younger audience...

Any ideas?

20Is Modern Music Shite? Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:36

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Again Coldplay? Your naming shit mainstream acts.

Do you ever stop for a minute and think "Maybe I'm taking this too seriously?"

I'm taking the piss.

Don't get your knickers in a twist....

Which part was taking the piss? You actually think modern music is great?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum