Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Modern Music Shite?

+11
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
bwfc71
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

91Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 16:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid   :drwho:

92Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 16:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Elvis die squeezing one out? (I fear we're descending into the gutter again).

93Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 16:50

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Couple of years old, but another modern music GENIUS for Breadman - Bonobo. Pretty well known now, I saw him live this year and he tours with pretty much an orchestra. Hugely talented.

Utter plinky-plonky shite!

Sounds like "Music Day" at Firwood Special School, with all them crappy Glockenspiels and triangles on it.....

Thought you'd enjoy. Here's an even better one great work music - 

94Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 16:51

So the story goes, Boncey:

https://www.themedicalbag.com/story/elvis-presley

This bit made me go "Euurgh!" -

“We found stool in his colon which had been there for four or five months because of the poor motility of the bowel.”

Five months' worth of poo all jammed up there!

Imagine that.......

95Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 16:55

bwfc1874 wrote:

Thought you'd enjoy. Here's an even better one great work music - 

That one's equally as bad.

What's the obsession with sticking a triangle part in every tune?

Is he an actual Bonobo monkey and just likes hitting things that make a clanky noise?

96Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 16:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went to see an Elvis impersonator last week,but got there too late.
He'd left the building.

97Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBF there has been shite music in every decade I've lived through. Shite music didn't exist before the 1950s - just Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly and and Mozart on lead clavinet. God invented shite music just to torture me with and no doubt it will disappear when I pop my clogs.

98Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 17:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't get enough Woody Guthrie.

99Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 20:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This weren't half bad by his son.

https://youtu.be/LRpj9mCl0qg

100Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 20:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

101Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 20:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Good stuff that bonce. The Arlo song was one of my faves way back on the Woodstock film.
Never heard any of her stuff though.

102Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 20:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty new to me. Sings with her hubby. BBC did a great documentary on woody,check it out.

103Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was born in the late fifties and brought up on Andy Williams, Neil Diamond and the Everley Brothers.

Personally, I think the seventies and eighties were a great period for music. BTO, Blondie, ABC, The Human League, Chris Rea, Meatloaf, The Beach Boys, The Doobie Brothers, Earth, Wind and Fire, Genesis, Kate Bush, The Bee Gees, The Carpenters, The Police, The Moody Blues. Enough said.

104Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were forced to watch the Andy Williams show every Christmas,so I've always hated the bastard.

105Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHWcN5YxuYc

A song from '98 that's a throwback to the 50's when Nat and sluffy were young. Smile

Just kidding there guys but this is a great track and I can't help thinking dancing was a LOT more fun when this kind of music was new. Wink

106Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Wed Aug 20 2014, 02:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd say the vast majority of what's on my Ipod is stuff from the 90s.

Love Britpop like Blur, Suede, Supergrass, many more. Going through a Smashing Pumpkins phase at the minute as well.

I also like a lot of trip hop from the 90s like Primal Scream and Massive Attack.

This is a favourite of mine at the minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNOzFnYCI4

107Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Wed Aug 20 2014, 02:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This one's a bit of a hidden gem.

A Fleetwood Mac cover I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U4opbXoMss

108Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sat Jun 10 2017, 19:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm resurrecting this thread, not just because Boggers admits to liking Justin Bieber, but because I'm once again dismayed about the state of music.

I've had to endure MTV all week in the gym and it shocked me how utterly one dimensional the pop charts are nowadays.

All popular songs now fall into at least one of three categories:

1) Bland airy-fairy tune with a female singing over it. The video will consist of arty shots of couples looking happy in the desert/New York/mountains etc.

2) Skinny rapper that wouldn't last a round with Jeremy Corbyn, but wants us to believe he's "put three in the throat" of half of Compton.

3) All songs will feature Nicki Manaj or Justin Beiber.

I was forced to listen to the entire top 20 this afternoon and I couldn't tell when one song stopped and another started. It seems the kids of today don't give a shite about quality as long as the video is sexy and Nicki Manaj is shaking her arse.

Is "popular" music worse than ever? Are the charts more laughable than they were 20 or 30 years ago?

109Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sat Jun 10 2017, 20:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not getting involved.

You know it makes sense.

110Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sat Jun 10 2017, 20:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too much junk in that trunk!

Gastric band you need love. 

Gym ain't gonna work for your size Hun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum