Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Church of England

+6
Sluffy
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
Norpig
Angry Dad
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Church of England Empty Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 11:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

So they want little boys to wear tutu's and tiara's the dirty bastards, fucking perverts. Running short of playmates are they? it's a dying church and the sooner the better. ::mad::

2Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 12:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the article on the BBC website, not sure how it would lessen bullying, more likely it will increase if little Johnny (not Y2)  turns up for school in a dress.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41964542

3Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 12:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The whole world is going crazy !

Let the kids wear what they like, but not at school. School is where you go to learn, not just the three R's, but social customs, how to network, meet, and play as normal people. 
If you're different so be it, but they're kids at the end of the day, and need guidance as to what is both accepted by the school, and society. I think this is a move where the church, as AD said, is failing, and are now trying to be everything to everyone, regardless of common sense.
My grandson wanted a doll when he was 3, and he got one, although he knew better than to take it into school. He lost interest in it fairly quickly.

4Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 13:38

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The church has long pandered to public perception rather than the teachings of the bible, despite some hiccups in translation. Even the C of E cannot agree on a way forward. The local vicar is gay, the Archbishop of Cantebury maintains it is wrong but no-one is prepared to stand up and direct a way forward. In my own view it is better to accept it has become a lifestyle for some and go along with it.
Being a bit of a twat for a minute, there's lots of entertainers and politicians being hung out to dry for various abuses, yet the church which has a history of abuse seems to have a shield of armour chucked around it. My sister had dolls, but also tool sets, hard hats and other Bob the Builder (Can we fix it? No, it's fucked) things. She's not a lesbian or misidentified, just a strange bugger.

5Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In all branches of the Christian church attendances have been in decline in the UK for the last 80 years, not just C of E. It is perhaps the liberalism of Christian teaching in the modern world that is responsible as other religions e.g. Judaism and Islam have held firm whilst by far the biggest growth group is "no religion" - approximately half the population. Changes in behavioural patterns, the decline of the nuclear family, the demands of competitive capitalism and easy access to a broader spectrum of world perspectives via the internet have all contributed to less people attending church but that doesn't necessarily mean that those who aren't religious in the traditional sense don't hold Christian values.

6Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 15:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There is no such thing as God, which makes any religion as meaningless as such.

Religion is used as a form pf control and guidance of the masses by the few.

Great if it is used beneficially for all but abhorrent when used for self benefit - look at how Islam was hijacked by the IS to build a caliphate for itself - to the exclusion and genocide of all those in and around that area who did not share their beliefs!

Science has proved that the universe is at least over 13.5 BILLION years old - that is up to now the time it's for the light from the furthest away star we yet discovered to get here - which in turn means the light must have travelled 46.5 BILLION light years away - meaning that it must be double that amount to give the diameter of 93 BILLION light years across.

AND that is just the bit we can see - some estimates put the total diameter at 250 times larger still!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20160610-it-took-centuries-but-we-now-know-the-size-of-the-universe

As for the number of stars -

Kornreich used a very rough estimate of 10 trillion galaxies in the universe. Multiplying that by the Milky Way's estimated 100 billion stars results in a large number indeed: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, or a "1" with 24 zeros after it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=dbAJWoiOMtW0gAbJo6OgCg&q=universe+how+many+stars&oq=universe+how+many+st&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30k1l3.5620.10340.0.13418.7.7.0.0.0.0.89.558.7.7.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.555...0.0.QkzugHDvCx0

As for planets -

With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we're very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1024 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=J7MJWoTmK8vdgAaNrI2oCg&q=universe+how+many+planets&oq=universe+how+many+planets&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i22i30k1l9.86294.89173.0.91302.7.7.0.0.0.0.76.496.7.7.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.493....0.IqgLS-lwWZg

So if one being is THAT old and looking after THAT MANY stars and planets, then hats off to him/her/it.

I myself rather think there is not though.

7Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 15:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Expect a death threat from our resident Christian Nat anytime now Sluffy  Laughing

8Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 16:15

Norpig wrote:This is the article on the BBC website, not sure how it would lessen bullying, more likely it will increase if little Johnny (not Y2)  turns up for school in a dress.

If i turn up at a school in a dress the church of england would be the least of my worries

9Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:This is the article on the BBC website, not sure how it would lessen bullying, more likely it will increase if little Johnny (not Y2)  turns up for school in a dress.

If i turn up at a school in a dress the church of england would be the least of my worries
Laughing

10Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 16:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:There is no such thing as God, which makes any religion as meaningless as such.

Religion is used as a form pf control and guidance of the masses by the few.

Great if it is used beneficially for all but abhorrent when used for self benefit - look at how Islam was hijacked by the IS to build a caliphate for itself - to the exclusion and genocide of all those in and around that area who did not share their beliefs!

Science has proved that the universe is at least over 13.5 BILLION years old - that is up to now the time it's for the light from the furthest away star we yet discovered to get here - which in turn means the light must have travelled 46.5 BILLION light years away - meaning that it must be double that amount to give the diameter of 93 BILLION light years across.

AND that is just the bit we can see - some estimates put the total diameter at 250 times larger still!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20160610-it-took-centuries-but-we-now-know-the-size-of-the-universe

As for the number of stars -

Kornreich used a very rough estimate of 10 trillion galaxies in the universe. Multiplying that by the Milky Way's estimated 100 billion stars results in a large number indeed: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, or a "1" with 24 zeros after it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=dbAJWoiOMtW0gAbJo6OgCg&q=universe+how+many+stars&oq=universe+how+many+st&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30k1l3.5620.10340.0.13418.7.7.0.0.0.0.89.558.7.7.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.555...0.0.QkzugHDvCx0

As for planets -

With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we're very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1024 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=J7MJWoTmK8vdgAaNrI2oCg&q=universe+how+many+planets&oq=universe+how+many+planets&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i22i30k1l9.86294.89173.0.91302.7.7.0.0.0.0.76.496.7.7.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.493....0.IqgLS-lwWZg

So if one being is THAT old and looking after THAT MANY stars and planets, then hats off to him/her/it.

I myself rather think there is not though.

Whether God exists or not is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to religion though because it's all to do with what people believe. 
Given the power of the mind as demonstrated by e.g. psychosomasis and it's proven effects on both mind and body, belief is everything and if people believe that God exists then it does - at least for them.
Ultimately religion is a man-made construct which is the human way of getting a grip on an unimaginable concept (like we have a symbol for infinity yet cannot imagine it) so all the bull surrounding religion derives from human attempts to interpret the uninterpretable - and their motives for doing so.
But for believers, God - in whatever form they personally understand it - is as real as anything else just as paranoiacs genuinely live in fear, people with multiple personality disorders assume different identities and sportsmen have been proven to perform better with the assistance of sports psychologists. That said, I doubt any two people on the planet have exactly the same perception of their God as it is a personal interpretation of the interpretation that their culture, language and religious teachers have given them.

11Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 16:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:

:rofl:

12Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 16:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I had an Irish father so i was brought up in the catholic faith, i chose to bring my kids up the same way catholic schools mass on sunday ( with the bribe of a maccy d's after) until they were old enough to decide for themselves. (none of them go now) that's five of them but then they work weekends some of them(no excuse) .Mrs AD converted to catholicism and we do go occasionally to mass and strangely find the sermon relevant to problems we may have been experiencing. The catholic school they went to had no drug problems or any other problems. My school in salford however was all gloom and doom and hellfire and scared the shit out of me very old testament unlike today. I like to believe there is a creator and a life after it does not cost me anything to have that view, it's better than thinking of nothingness although that would be better than eternal damnation in the lake of fire because as i expect like most people i am far from perfect in fact i am a right bastard and am guilty of some pretty bad things that do prey on my concience a lot. On the plus side i am very nice to animals.

13Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 17:28

I used to be religious and went to church...... Then i grew up.  Sorry to sound harsh but way too much shit happens to way to good people. And if there is a God allowing that to happen then fuck him.

14Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Mon Nov 13 2017, 19:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here we go again on the madness merry-go-round. There is clearly an agenda here and not just with the church. The pressure groups populated by fruit loops with too much time on their hands seem to think that kids are being emotionally torn apart because they are not sure whether its Action Man or Barbie they should play with. This is total bollocks. This hogwash is being forced into them by the afore-mentioned and parents who name their kids after clothes and cars and only eat organic Weetabix.
The worry here is that childhood is being eroded, stripped away in favour of dangerous rubbish and leftie propaganda. Kids are not kids for long so let them enjoy those early years. Ask a five yr old if they are in the wrong body and they will look at you like youve got a turd on your head. They just want to play. I played with a dolls house and had a cowboy suit when I was five. It never occured to me I was anything other than a healthy kid. 
The church does tend to stick its bugle into crap like this when really it should stick to what it knows.
Something really should be done to stop this tsunami of PC bullshit and quick otherwise we will be creating a lot of confused damaged people. If some people genuinely believe they are not who or what they want to be then fine, do what ya gotta do.I have no problem with that. At the end of the day the vast majority of kids are perfectly happy as they are. Leave them in peace to enjoy the times and keep your disturbing and dangerous ideas to yourself.

15Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Tue Nov 14 2017, 13:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well said RT, spot on.

16Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Tue Nov 14 2017, 13:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

AD, I would like to think there is something or somewhere to go once we've fallen off our perch. Still haven't decided what it is, or what to name it.

17Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Tue Nov 14 2017, 14:47

gloswhite wrote:AD, I would like to think there is something or somewhere to go once we've fallen off our perch. Still haven't decided what it is, or what to name it.
Benidorm?

18Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Tue Nov 14 2017, 14:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
gloswhite wrote:AD, I would like to think there is something or somewhere to go once we've fallen off our perch. Still haven't decided what it is, or what to name it.
Benidorm?
Very Happy

19Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Tue Nov 14 2017, 15:11

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't improve on what RT said, he sums it up  perfectly for me.

20Church of England Empty Re: Church of England Tue Nov 14 2017, 18:29

Don’t know what the issue is, the Church make a complete unnecessary comment and the usual lot lose the plot. Nobody’s forcing kids to cross dress, all the Church has said is they shouldn’t be bullied for doing so (which is painfully obvious). 

Why are you all so outraged?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum