Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the problem with fake accounts

+18
Bwfc1958
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
jussi22
Norpig
bryan458
Keegan
Bollotom2014
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Michael Bolton
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1the problem with fake accounts Empty the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:28

Everyone has a writing style and unfortunately it is really easy to tell who is who as no one can maintain two styles all the time. Think it maybe time for a clean up sluffy.

i know its good having more posts and people registered etc but it is fucking tedious having the same arguement with the same person but them using multiple accounts.

2the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:30

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Everyone has a writing style and unfortunately it is really easy to tell who is who as no one can maintain two styles all the time.  Think it maybe time for a clean up sluffy.

i know its good having more posts and people registered etc but it is fucking tedious having the same arguement with the same person but them using multiple accounts.

Who exactly has multiple accounts?

3the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:33

Yawn

4the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:34

Silence from the mods is deafening.

5the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:34

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Yawn

God you're a knob.

6the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:36

Zzzzzzzzz

7the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Silence from the mods is deafening.
It's Boxing day and I would assume that most folk will be spending time with their familes doing other things than being on a forum!

8the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:47

karlypants wrote:
It's Boxing day and I would assume that most folk will be spending time with their familes doing other things than being on a forum!

Clearly you're not one of said folk though, so looking forward to hearing your views.

9the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:48

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:It's Boxing day and I would assume that most folk will be spending time with their familes doing other things than being on a forum!

I don't know.

After Christmas day most of us like to get away from them, that's why there's a full fixture list on Boxing day.  Very Happy

10the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:49

karlypants wrote:

They have absolutely no right to do that, they should be on here listening to people whingeing about people having multiple accounts.

(I'll log onto my other account to agree with myself, then log on with my  other other account to call myself a cock to even it up)

11the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 17:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smile

12the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 18:02

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well there are 571 registered users on this site.

If you got rid of the multiple accounts then the number wouldn't be above 50.  Very Happy

13the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 18:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very Happy

Just six minutes from the start of the thread - give us chance!

Tbh I don't have a problem with a fake accounts per se, it's when a person runs multiple fake accounts the problems start.

Despite what some might think there does have to be some sort of a balance between allowing people to have fun and being perscriptive about things.

We are after all internet based and it is more the norn for people to 'act' drifferently on it then be their real life selves on it.

I'm too old and lack the imagination, originality, or spontaneity to be other than who I am nor do I want to be rude or abusive to anyone, so I have no need to have a fake account to hide behind.

There is also only so much we can actually do to stop people coming on here if they are determined enough to keep doing so and also we haven't gone to all the trouble to set up and run a forum simply to censor people and ban them for what they say and do - unless of course it crosses the line too many times or is illegal.

Even then I for one don't believe that people can't learn their lesson and change their behaviour (or at least whilst on the forum).

I'm banned from a number of other BWBC forums - my crime - that of simply being honest, open and fair!

Once we start banning people simply because we don't like them, then that's the time for truly criticising the site.

As for having a few obvious fake accounts - then what is the problen - simply block them or ignore them - it's easy enough to do on here.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Dec 26 2014, 18:06; edited 1 time in total

14the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 18:04

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Shagging Very Happy

15the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 19:39

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wish I could work out how to do another account,  I could be.

Very Fucking Angry Dad.
Not Michael Bolton.
Shedman
Copper Pipe
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  

16the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 19:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ironic thing about this thread is the person it is aimed at (Michael Bolton) is actually one of the original BBC 606 posters from about 10 years ago and is definitely not a fake or multiple account.

17the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 19:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How many have you got Nastase?

Go on be honest.

18the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 20:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just two. This one and "sluffy".

19the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 20:09

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Only two eh, I've got four and i'm in the process of creating a fifth one.

20the problem with fake accounts Empty Re: the problem with fake accounts Fri Dec 26 2014, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a bad idea. I'm about to create Angry Mum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum