Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

At what point did you become a Wanderer.

+16
Chairmanda
wessy
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
scottjames30
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
rogercpc
White84
rammywhite
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As it's quiet on here, just a poser, back in the day if you were born in Bolton it generally meant that was your team, however with the rise in televised football, and glory hunters, when did you realise BWFC was for life, and not just for silverware, mine was a league cup game against Man City, with Garry Jones bagging a hattrick.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

At conception.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We moved to Bolton when I was 12- and a few weeks later went to see Bolton play Everton. Bolton won 3-1.
That's when the addiction happened. And after 50 years I'm still addicted

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:At conception.

Great contribtion, thanks for your input, no wonder this site is going to the dogs.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

1973 I was 6 my Dad took me I was hooked we were in Division 3 and we won 3-2 I remember John Byrom scored a hat trick.
Although you very seldom see men smoking pipes I always associate the smell of pipe smoke with sitting in the Manny road seats.
We then started going in the Lever End.
As I got older and my dad dropped off I'd go in the Burnden Paddock or Embankment till they built that monstrosity Normid.
How far we have come.

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

1959, August 26th, on my sister's birthday, I was seven, my dad took me to see us get beat 3-0  by Blackburn rovers.  I loved the atmosphere and was hooked straight away.  I think we had seats in the Manny road stand.  Good old Burnden Park!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

1995 Wembley until then far to busy with other things.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rogercpc wrote:1959, August 26th, on my sister's birthday, I was seven, my dad took me to see us get beat 3-0  by Blackburn rovers.  I loved the atmosphere and was hooked straight away.  I think we had seats in the Manny road stand.  Good old Burnden Park!

Nice one. My dad took me to my first game at Burnden Park in January 1966 and I was hooked there and then. My abiding memory of the game is that I never saw any of it because we were on the Manny Road terrace and I couldn't see a thing but the atmosphere from the crowd was something that always stayed with me.

Once a Wanderer, always a Wanderer.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:1995 Wembley until then far to busy with other things.
Did you live in Bolton at that time Magoo?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was dinner time, On a Monday.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i went to my first game on my own aged 15, it was the first game of the season in the old 4th division. I'd been to a few games before as a kid with two of my uncles but after i went to that game against Grimsby i was hooked from then on.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's always great when the team picks you and you don't pick the team. Real fans will know what I mean. 
My first game was at Burnden in 63/64 season v WBA, we lost 2-0 if I remember correctly and got relegated that season.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

March 9th 1991 was my first game. I was 7 years old. Fulham at Burnden. I still remember walking up into the burnden terrace close to the lever end and seeing the pitch for the first time. I loved every minute of it. We won 3-0 with goals from Mark patterson and Tony Philliskirk who bagged two, one of which was a penalty. Never even crossed my mind to support another club. I was that hooked I started going to the reserve games that were played at burnden.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I support Chorley.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote: Sleep I support Chorley.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think it was my first game as well, with my Dad and Granddad In the Manchester road stand upper tier, I remember the floodlights being on the smell of coffee, beer and tobacco, salt and shake crisps with the screwed up piece of blue paper containing the salt, the coloured football shirts, it was a really fascinating  adventure for an 8 year old.

BTW, the game was played on the 26th October 1968 and ended

Bolton Wanderers 2-3 Huddersfield Town

that was the last time the Terriers won at Bolton!!!!!!

Until Dougie got his hands on the club!!!

Wanker

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:I think it was my first game as well, with my Dad and Granddad In the Manchester road stand upper tier, I remember the floodlights being on the smell of coffee, beer and tobacco, salt and shake crisps with the screwed up piece of blue paper containing the salt, the coloured football shirts, it was a really fascinating  adventure for an 8 year old.

BTW, the game was played on the 26th October 1968 and ended

Bolton Wanderers 2-3 Huddersfield Town

that was the last time the Terriers won at Bolton!!!!!!

Until Dougie got his hands on the club!!!

Wanker
Bryan,
I was at that game as well.

But its the salt in the screwed up blue paper thats taken me back.

Heady days!!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:1995 Wembley until then far to busy with other things.
Did you live in Bolton at that time Magoo?
No KP i had moved to Surrey then.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I went aged about 10 to Burnden Park remember seeing Jimmy Greaves play, but walking onto the embankment and seeing the pitch under lights and real nets just lives in the memory.

I took both my daughters in 1994 Rioch era we beat Charlton 5-1 the next week we beat Wolves 5-1 they thought it was going to be like that every week. if only

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

1973 I was 6 my Dad took me I was hooked we were in Division 3 and we won 3-2 I remember John Byrom scored a hat trick.
Although you very seldom see men smoking pipes I always associate the smell of pipe smoke with sitting in the Manny road seats.
We then started going in the Lever End.
As I got older and my dad dropped off I'd go in the Burnden Paddock or Embankment till they built that monstrosity Normid.
How far we have come.

I sat in Manny Road stand from 1970 onwards. My seat was behind my Dad and Mr Mitchell, deputy head of Bolton boys, both avid pipe smokers. I never saw a goal live through the fug, just had to believe the crowd cheers. Good times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum