Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers ready to put the heat on Nottingham Forest after Spain break

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers boss Neil Lennon has been suffering from cold symptoms this week but hopes sending his players to warmer climes will see them re-energized at Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

The Whites squad spent time in Spain warm weather training while Lennon was back home feeling under the weather.

But he has been given just the tonic he needs ahead of the trip to the City Ground with the return to the squad of experienced trio Emile Heskey, Craig Davies and skipper Matt Mills after injury.

Lennon told The Bolton News: “The players went away training but I didn’t – hence the cold.

“They had a bit of a rest then trained hard on Tuesday and Wednesday away before coming back to train yesterday.

“They went to Alicante and I was getting a lot of photos of the warm weather making me very jealous.

“A change of scenery at this stage is something we felt was a good idea.

“Hopefully, it will be beneficial for them because they have had a high volume of games recently that has taken its toll.”

With no new injuries and the return of Mills, Heskey and Davies, Lennon is confident of a response to last weekend’s last-gasp defeat to Watford against a side managed by ex-Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman.

He is particularly pleased to have the strike duo back to add a physical option in attack and one could be paired with either Adam Le Fondre or Zach Clough tomorrow.

Lennon added: “Millsy, Emile and Craig Davies all trained yesterday so that’s great news.

“Certainly the big two centre forwards have been missed with the lack of physicality.

“I’ve been really pleased with the way we’ve dealt with that loss, but having them back is very timely.

“We have taken our time getting them back.

“I think Craig has a bit of history with hamstring injuries so it is something you are always mindful of.

“In Emile’s case, he looks in good fettle and it may have been a bit of fatigue more than anything else.

“We have given them enough time to hopefully recover and with hamstrings you have to do that.

“It’s always important in any level that you have a bit of physicality up front.

“The last time the two of them played together at Sheffield Wednesday, the two of them were outstanding.

“It’s a shame we haven’t had more game time for them.

“I think Le Fondre will enjoy playing with either of them. He always enjoys playing off a big man and he’s in great form as well - and Zach has been a revelation.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

The Whites squad spent time in Spain warm weather training while Lennon was back home feeling under the weather.

The club keeps claiming it's skint yet finds the money to send a squad of players and hangers-on to a foreign country for a few days.

And what's the fooking point of warm weather training in February, it's going to be fooking freezing in Nottingham on Saturday. I bet we start slowly.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

The club keeps claiming it's skint yet finds the money to send a squad of players and hangers-on to a foreign country for a few days.

And what's the fooking point of warm weather training in February, it's going to be fooking freezing in Nottingham on Saturday. I bet we start slowly.

what a ray of sunshine you are Nat  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Good point - wasn't it Lennon who impressed everyone in his first week by telling the players they weren't allowed to train in woolly hats because they wouldn't be playing the game in woolly hats!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum