Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Radio Nuts - changes are happening!

+7
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
karlypants
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Fri Feb 27 2015, 23:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One of the best things about Nuts in my opinion is the way oue backroom lads have been able to bring a life match commentary to Bolton fans everywhere in the world.

We are more than happy to share this with everyone but at the end of the day we exist to be a forum of like minded fans and what we've been noticing more and more in recent weeks is that people who can't even be arsed to register with us - let alone even posted on here - are simply taking the piss by viewing the site (as non-members) and accessing the radio commentary via the 'portal' or even not bothering viewing us at all by simply being given the link to Radio Nuts from somewhere or other and giving the site or those who work so hard to provide the service absolutely no credit at all for their hard work in making this site something special.

I've even seen the link to Nuts Radio advertised on other BWFC forums - that don't even allow mention of our forum - and / or have banned people for saying that Nuts even exists!

Well from this week on things will slowly be changing.

We will still provide Radio Nuts BUT you will have to become a member to access it.

We will begin to regularly change the link to Nuts Radio, so that only by visiting here will people know what it is for each particular game.

Other changes that are pending to be implemented soon will include stopping people who can't be bothered to post on our forum (the basic definition of the word 'forum' is a talking place remember!) access to the site on match days.  

If people can't be arsed about the growth, community and well being of our site, then why should we be arsed if you can get match commentary or not?

Fairs fair.

We simply want Nuts to be as fun and enjoyable for everyone.  We provide it for free and all we ask is that you give something back to the site by way of posting every now and again and joining in with the rest of us.

Is that really to much to ask of you?

"Taking the piss" by logging in as guests to listen to a radio broadcast on here.......?

Sluff, I have nothing but respect for the work you and the others behind the scenes do on here to maintain this site but come on.......seriously?

You must know that sites like Nuts only survive by having an inclusive approach to attracting new members?

You recently referenced other sites that are dying on their arses for the lack of interest in them so why make Nuts even more exclusive?

Let's grow the site.

Invite the public at large in.

It's your call obviously, but I can't help but think that this is a bad move.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A bad move how?

In round figures we had 200 people tuned into Nuts for the match last week - of which around 140 of them were non members!  We often have vastly more guests to the site at match time than members.  These guests go just as quickly once the game is over - and they don't come back again until the next game either!

All that we are saying is that if these people want to keep having access to the commentary in future then they can only have it via membership.

How is that NOT trying attracting new members?

The very reason we do Radio Nuts is to try to INCREASE membership!!!

If people don't want to be part of this site then fair enough - all we are doing is saying if you don't want Nuts then you can't keep having Radio Nuts too, because it IS also part of Nuts - and not separate to it!

I don't think that is in anyway unreasonable - do you?  

Does anybody???

So then......

140 potential new members who we can recruit to swell the ranks on here.

Yes! Get in! Let's get 'em signed up.

How do we do it? Shall we try and sell the Nuts experience to them and make it look really appealing so that they make this site their first port of call when they want to talk shit about BWFC?  

Nah, fuck that!

Let's fuck 'em off and stop 'em from listening to Karl's radio on match nights because the cheeky cunts couldn't be arsed to tell us what they had for their tea on Magoo's Dinner thread.

And they couldn't be bothered to tell us which Hollywood star's head they'd like to see grafted onto someone else's body on AD's thread - the fuckers!

Jesus......Are you serious about developing this site?

Honestly Sluff, if I'm out of order just ban me but some of your ideas about what's best for Nuts are fucking mental.

You work in local government don't you?

Real Politik.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the end of the day we/Karly provides the radio nuts service for the good of the site. We want more members to contribute and make this site better place to be for the benefit of all the members. Please remember none of the site owners or members gain nothing from the site. No one is promoting the site for their own gain. We simply want to make this site a benefit to all its members. Making this site a place for all Bolton fans to go to. Ultimately for this site to
Be successful is we need to more members to contribute and make the site intetesting and full of useful information. None of the admin or mods Gaij no monetary reward from the site. The time and effort we put into the site is ultimately for everyone's benefit. The site is our site, we may do things wrong, but we all have one aim. To make the site a better place for everyone. It's unfair Sluffy gets all the venom. Our ultimate goal is to make the site a useful resource for all Bolton fans. I'd no one contributes tj site will fail and will be no more and will follow suit of previously popular sites. now you might not agree with what we think will ultimately mean more contributors, for the benefit of all its members.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks BTID.

Bread,

We have 140 people who pitch up at Nuts on match day - switch the radio on - and go about their other business.  

They know Nuts exist because they turn up week after week for the match - but do they want to participate with the site in any other way - do they even bother looking at it between games - nah.

Forums aren't for them - because they can't be arsed looking at them - they are just here for one thing - the free radio.

Well we aren't stopping them having that - all we are doing is saying if you want it then you have to 'join' us.

If they think the price is too high for them - well we've only 'lost' people who were never going to want to belong on here anyway.

So we DO get some who become members - what difference does it make to us?

Well quite a bit actually.  In order to post on here you have to first become a member.  Well they've become members - so they are already 90% of the way to posting.

Maybe all they want is Radio Nuts - but if we start giving the link out in say the match day thread - then we are having these 'new' members begining to actually READ some of the threads - maybe they see something they want to respond to - maybe some recollection of an old match, or a name that escapes somebody's memory, or something - then they simply post (no need to register to do it - they've already done that bit) - maybe somebody says thanks, or do you remember such a game - then they post again - and hopefully they get to like posting - well that's the plan anyway.

Alternatively we can just carry on and let things stay how they are and watch the 140 or so pitch up for the radio link (which can be found in exactly the same place every week) and bugger off again as soon as the final whistle goes until kick off of the next game we have.

We've done well over a season of 'free' Radio Nuts and the plain fact is that no one is any longer joining the site because of it - why should they when they can access it without ever having to even look at the site apart from the Radio Nuts portal?

Well now if they want Radio Nuts, they have to join us and begin to start to READ the forum.

It's a free choice, nobody is forcing anyone to join - but people can no longer simply have membership benefits without becoming a member first.

You have to be in it to win hear it - so to speak.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:At the end of the end of the day we/Karly provides the radio nuts service for the good of the site.  We want more members to contribute and make this site better place to be for the benefit of all the members.   Please remember none of the site owners or members gain nothing from the site.  No one is promoting the site for their own gain.  We simply want to make this site a benefit to all its members.  Making this site a place for all Bolton fans to go to.  Ultimately for this site to
Be successful is we need to more members to contribute and make the site intetesting and full of useful information.  None of the admin or mods Gaij no monetary reward from the site.  The time and effort we put into the site is ultimately for everyone's benefit.  The site is our site, we may do things wrong, but we all have one aim.  To make the site a better place for everyone.  It's unfair Sluffy gets all the venom. Our ultimate goal is to make the site a useful resource for all Bolton fans.  I'd no one contributes tj site will fail and will be no more and will follow suit of previously popular sites. now you might not agree with what we think will ultimately mean more contributors, for the benefit of all its members.
Since very few members say it, let me say to all the mods, a big thank you from your membership.  It is your decision on how to market and what you wish to provide and for whom.  For me, thank you for the chat box, various links, and for the occasional help when things are not working the way they should.  I appreciate your efforts and I hope many others on here echo that.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just want to say What an absolute kind thing you have said, thank you Obs! Smile

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well said Obs, fully agree.
Have to say that lately I don't always join the chat room when I'm listening to the game, but I shall do in the future. (not today as I have to drive to Stansted airport, Mid Wales and back to Cheltenham)
I see nothing wrong in asking non-participating listeners to join. It cost nothing, and will probably be a bit of fun for them , and us.
Keep it up guys, this is a well run site, and needs to grow, and this is a legitimate way to do it

10radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 09:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect it will probably lead to a load of unused accounts, but if it gets a few more regulars why not.

11radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 10:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree Sluffy, good move IMO.

Thinking ahead.

12radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 10:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You will do as I say!

13radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 10:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Would be helpful if someone could look at the chatbox though. I'm using mobile most times I'm on and every week it keeps jumping back 10 minutes every few seconds. I've tried all suggestions put forward when on chatbox but nothing works. For some reason I have no refresh tab. I've tried logging out then in again and opening in full screen but nothing works. Ruins the chatbox experience for me so it's unusable. It's only been happenning in recent weeks it used to work fine. If there's nothing can be done then fair enough. Just thought I'd put it out there for the mods.

14radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 11:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Android or Apple?

15radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 11:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have the same problem as 58, it was working fine up until a few weeks ago. (Apple)

16radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 11:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The existing chatbox has just been updated. This must be a bug in the system which I have no control over. I've added a new chatbox to the portal where guests can also post. Maybe this could be used for now?

Have a look on the portal

17radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 12:01

I appear to be in a minority of one on this, so fair enough, maybe I'm wrong.

I just think that if I was running the site and people were logging in as guests to listen to the radio, I'd view it as a "loss leader" and be happy with it - any exposure's good exposure.

I wouldn't consider it "taking the piss" and get all possessive about it and then try and strong arm them into taking up full membership.

If they want to join and take part in the debates on here, they will - you can't force people to get involved.

The way I view it, all this move will do is turn potential new members away from the site.

It's not like they can't find an alternative way of listening to the radio commentary is it?

But what do I know.....?

And I'm not trying to start a row over this, so peace and love to all.

18radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 12:06

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Would be helpful if someone could look at the chatbox though. I'm using mobile most times I'm on and every week it keeps jumping back 10 minutes every few seconds. I've tried all suggestions put forward when on chatbox but nothing works. For some reason I have no refresh tab. I've tried logging out then in again and opening in full screen but nothing works. Ruins the chatbox experience for me so it's unusable. It's only been happenning in recent weeks it used to work fine. If there's nothing can be done then fair enough. Just thought I'd put it out there for the mods.

Yep, same for me on i0S

19radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 14:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Surely these fans are your core demographic and probably the easiest people to convert into regular users of the site? When it comes to increasing numbers I would have thought getting these people over the line would be a must.

Why not get some friendly messaging to them, while they're here, over the course of the next couple of games? Instead of shutting them out and sending them elsewhere, sell them the premium package - Whittam cyclops , Breadman Razz , Boggers Mad , Predictions League... whatever you consider your best selling points.

Like any free trial, it eventually comes to an end - and they should have to make a decision. But, let them know of your policy change ahead of time, how simple it is to sign up and sample how fun/annoying it can be as a regular poster on here.

Don't just turn them (business) away, Sluffy. I hate that.

Anyhow... my almond croissant just arrived...

20radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 16:11

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There's me thinking that rebroadcasting a Championship match on the Internet was illegal anyway! Let's hope none of the cnuts that log in to listen to the commentary don't complain to the authorities and get it all shut down. Then we all lose out! So what if it's illegal and in breach of all sorts of copyright, it's OURS and it belongs to US! Don't let them have it Sluff!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum