Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Controversial

+8
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Controversial  Empty Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 18:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wanted us to either stay up, no questions asked, or to go down no questions asked.

The last thing I wanted was for us to go down controversially.

Do you know what I'm saying?

Coyle has every right to be furious with Stoke's first goal (possibly their second too, I'm still not sure!), but at the same time, I don't want to hear him whinging about it tonight on MOTD, especially considering the luck that fell our way in terms of the goals we got.

What were your thoughts on the key decisions anyway?

2Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 18:20

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fucking ridiculous.

Thats what I think.

3Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 18:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We was robbed - but then so were QPR when we played them. I am frustrated that we came so close to staying up but I don't honestly believe we deserved to stay up after all the truly wretched and pathetic performances we have seen all season.

4Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 19:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All things considered, I don't think QPR got too rough a ride at the Reebok (their goal was offside, and the corner that led to the 'goal' wasn't even a corner!).
I'd like somebody to ask that shithouse Mark Hughes how lightly he thought he got off this afternoon.

5Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 19:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sour grapes if we're going to blame the ref for our demise. There were other games before this one.

that said i do think the first goal was a blatant foul + the ball was in 2 hands, knocking it free is an offense.

the penalty you will see given 9/10 for me, thought it was stonewall.

6Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 19:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't blame anyone but the team and coyle for us going down, letting 2 goals slip at home to west brom, losing to norwich and fulham at home, they are the things that send teams down.

7Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 20:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't forget that both our goals were flukes. Not a great deal of clear cut chances were made. Last week was a penalty and an own goal but anyhow ....
We are down because we deserve to be down no excuses.
When you look at teams like West Brom, Fulham, Stoke, Norwich, Swansea, Wigan, Newcastle and now QPR ....all teams who came up in recent years ....all have progressed in one way or another but not us. I believed for years that the head of the snake has to be cut off...that being Fat Phil or Eddie or both. I'm not just saying that today but since Big Sam left ........ although not a popular position I stand by it. Sometimes a club has to go a diferent direction...it happens in business everyday of the week. It's like keeping SKD another season on high wages.....what for?

8Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 20:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Terenceanne you are not alone. It's been downhill ever since that twat Gartside let Allardyce go. We have struggled under 3 awful managers and finally we have been caught out. Sam asked for the money that was given to Megson and it has been wasted. Coyle has never had the funds but his limitations have been repeatedly exposed this season.

We are never coming back up unless we can find a good manager to replace Coyle.

9Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 21:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I wanted us to either stay up, no questions asked, or to go down no questions asked.

The last thing I wanted was for us to go down controversially.

Do you know what I'm saying?

Definitely. Coyle must have been praying all night for those controversial decisions so he could ignore the previous 37 matches of incompetence and blame it on the ref.

The man has to go, there really is no reason to keep him at the club.

10Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 21:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll keep OC and get rid of Phil as phase one. Let's wait to see what hapens when Big Eddie looks in his bank account and see's millions of pounds missing. Of course another one of my theories is that Eddie has been buried on the Isle of Man years ago. Nobody in their right mind would put up with this nonsense.

11Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 22:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was right behind the goal at the front and nobody objected - I guess we all thought it was a clear cut foul and he'd give a free kick. It was that obvious.
Bit disappointed in OC even mentioning the ref after the game - thought he was classier than that.
The fact is that terrible decisions and bad luck do happen, but we should never have got into the position where we depended upon it not happening to us.
Thought we showed a bit of class and dignity in the face of adversity and I'm looking forward to seeing what our young talent can do next season - shame they don't have the prem as their stage, but that was the gamble OC took in trying to change the club in just one season.
Anyway just back, so I'm going to pour myself a large one and relive it on MOTD - and see how I feel about the whole thing tomorrow.
BTW a couple of lads from the Mad site were asking when you're going to make an appearance Natasha - and send their love.

12Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 22:37

Terrible decisions but that isn't what relegated us, the club's been in decline since Gartside failed to back BSA with the money. This day's been coming and now it has we are fucked.....

13Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 22:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Bawbag.

Remember though to... -

14Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 22:53

Fuck looking on the bright side for a few days! Owen Coyle's fucked my day up, fucked my week up and until I have played rugby next week I am going to remain fucked off.....

Thanks for the sentiment though...

15Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 22:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not a fan of Owen I take it!

Can see him leaving anytime soom though, mores the pity.

Who do you play rugby for - a pub team or something a bit better?

16Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 23:01

Devon Sharks RLFC

17Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 23:05

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

i bet your good at Rugby, I was told all people in Devon have 6 fingers.

18Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 23:09

Mr Magoo wrote:i bet your good at Rugby, I was told all people in Devon have 6 fingers.

Really? Some people are a bit lacking in intelligence though, so when that happens, the standard if witty retort falls through the floor.

19Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Sun May 13 2012, 23:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bawbag wrote:Devon Sharks RLFC

Hope you win mate.

20Controversial  Empty Re: Controversial Mon May 14 2012, 01:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The penalty was a penalty

Their first goal was definitely NOT a goal but a foul - Foy has some explaining to do with that one!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum