Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon seeks budget talks at Bolton Wanderers as summer rebuilding kicks-off

+7
wanderlust
bryan458
Barryjw
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NEIL Lennon has pledged a far-reaching review at Wanderers once he knows what budget he will be working with this summer.

The Whites boss wants to speak with chairman Phil Gartside about recruitment for next season and resolving contract issues with half a dozen of his first-team players.

But Lennon is also determined to get to the bottom of why the club have picked up so many injuries in the last 12 months and could request changes to the training pitch at Euxton.

With Wanderers all-but safe from relegation, the Northern Irishman is looking forward to putting his own stamp on his surroundings.

I’d make massive changes if I got my way, but that is not necessarily going to happen. I need to sit down with Phil and get a clear indication of what I can and cannot do. That won’t be an issue because I like it here, I think I have done a decent job so far but I think we can do better. There is great potential.

I need to speak about player contracts – although I might change my mind with a few of them – and there is a lot of work to be done, in terms of where I want to take this club. You can’t do it overnight, or three months, or even in the space of a year. The first thing I wanted to do is make sure we’re in the Championship next year and then I’ll bolster the squad.

I can’t hark on about it, but there’s no question the injuries have damaged us heavily. There are some really good stalwarts in this squad – I like Matt Mills and Tim Ream, they’ve been really consistent, Pratley and three or four others on the treatment table would play.

(Relaying the Euxton pitches is) something I want to look at going forward. Arsenal have just changed their pitches at the training ground and I think that’s something we’ll have to look at in order to curtail some of these injuries. Clough, Clayton, Pratley and Mark Davies would all make us better – there’s no question of that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not being negative but I really don't understanf just who exactly are these players Lennon doesn't want and who haven't 'bought' into his way of playing.

If it is not the likes of Mills and Ream - then who - as the rest of the team is basically who Lennon himself has brought in!

The keepers can't really be blamed, Wheaters been out for most of the season, Vela as been picked regularly by Lennon.

He rates Pratley, plays Danns all the time AND Feeney, brought in Bannon, and brought back from retirement Eidur and Heskey - who he keeps banging on about how great he plays, whilst bringing in ALF.

Both Davies have been out much othe season injured.

So just who the fuck is Lennon saying isn't playing the way he wants???

Any idea anyone because I can't work it out?

The best I can come up with is Danns, Feeney and Vela BUT Lennon keeps picking them all the time - so how can it be them???

I'm completely baffled?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because he brought them to the club or picks them every week doesn't mean they are pulling their weight or listening to his ideas.

Feeney (after a decent start under Lennon) has been fecking awful of late, but who else could Lennon pick on the right wing? Hall?

There will be big changes for our first game of the 2015/16 season.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see him walking.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just because he brought them to the club or picks them every week doesn't mean they are pulling their weight or listening to his ideas.

Feeney (after a decent start under Lennon) has been fecking awful of late, but who else could Lennon pick on the right wing? Hall?

There will be big changes for our first game of the 2015/16 season.

Saidy Janko.

If Feeney is one of the problems(?) then why not try one of his options he brought into the club???

If he's not up to it - then why didn't we notice this when we scouted him?

If he's too young to play - then why put him in the first team squad?

I just don't get it?

I like Lennon - but I simply don't understand what he is on about - which players IS he criticing - and why dosen't he pick someone else instead if he says they aren't doing the job he wants?

It's not rocket science is it!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Janko has been injured, but don't let that get in the way of your Lennon bashing.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Janko has been injured, but don't let that get in the way of your Lennon bashing.

Janko made his debut against Fulham (and scored), he played in the next game against Warford, he was on the bench for Forest and started against Boro. He was back on the bench against Brighton but started against Reading and Blackburn.

He was named sub against Millwall but injured himself in the warm up and missed that match and the last two, which brings us up to date.

Feeney has been an ever present during all those games.

First name on Lennons team sheet it would seem like!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People are being a bit hard on Feeney i think, he's been moved around playing right back, wing back and on the left sometimes. I think he needs a rest more than anything. He at least puts in the effort unlike his old Millwall mate Trotter

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Feeney has been an ever present during all those games.

First name on Lennons team sheet it would seem like!

There's no one better than Feeney, that's a sad fact. He's the only proper winger we have. Foolish in my opinion to be playing him at right wing back as he did at Wigan, so his form probably shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:People are being a bit hard on Feeney i think, he's been moved around playing right back, wing back and on the left sometimes. I think he needs a rest more than anything. He at least puts in the effort unlike his old Millwall mate Trotter
Agree some what. Tend to feel a little sorry for Feeney who is not a wing back and tends to play better in tandem with a full back behind. Often whilst attacking the corner flag he is unable to whip in a cross because there is no bugger in the box! The lumbering Heskey lagging behind ten yards or more outside the box. Feeney then has to check back and hold up the ball awaiting the arrival of the cavalry and inevitably gets dispossessed.
Unfortunately he is not as technically adept as some we have had in the past and so attracts the wrath of frustrated fans.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There's a reason why Feeney was in Millwall's reserves when Freedman brought him in!!!!!!! 
He's Shit!!!!

bryan458 wrote:There's a reason why Feeney was in Millwall's reserves when Freedman brought him in

Ye he was refusing to sign a new contract with them.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
bryan458 wrote:There's a reason why Feeney was in Millwall's reserves when Freedman brought him in

Ye he was refusing to sign a new contract with them.

And he was shit!!!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon doesn't already know the budget for summer? affraid - that is big news!
I suspected he was being slightly delusional when he started trialling young players who appear to be out of our price range but I had assumed he knew what he was doing.

If the Board turn round and tell him he's got £15 million plus what he can get for the dross, Premiership here we come! ::dance::

I just hope he decides to stay around when he's told he can spend what he can save.

Gartside doesn't know what a budget is. when Lennon asked for next seasons budget, Gartside went out an immediatley signed this guy. 

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Lennon doesn't already know the budget for summer? affraid  - that is big news!
I suspected he was being slightly delusional when he started trialling young players who appear to be out of our price range but I had assumed he knew what he was doing.

If the Board turn round and tell him he's got £15 million plus what he can get for the dross, Premiership here we come! ::dance::

I just hope he decides to stay around when he's told he can spend what he can save.
I admire your optimism. 

However, I suspect it will be more likely that Lennon is asked to SAVE 15 million instead. 

He will walk halfway through next season, when the squad is decimated again and full of loans from other championship clubs reserves on short term loans.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you're a glass half empty kind of man aren't you Rebel?  Very Happy

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:you're a glass half empty kind of man aren't you Rebel?  Very Happy
What gives you that idea?

I think his glass is empty and he's chucked it against the wall when it comes to Bolton.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:I think his glass is empty and he's chucked it against the wall when it comes to Bolton.

we can always rely on Rebel for the worst case scenario Laughing

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Trigger has always been Mr Pessimistic! Even back on BBC606!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum