Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you ever been to an asian wedding?

+4
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Empty Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Surprisingly I'm at my first right now.

I've not much of a clue what's happening.

The bride and groom got hitched even though they weren't even in the same room together.

People are ever so friendly but I'm sort of out of it as I don't know anybody apart from the groom and his bother and they are both a bit busy with everyone else.

The food is very spicey and there is no alcohol.

Very colourful day though.

No idea what happens next!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The bride and groom got hitched even though they weren't even in the same room together.

Very Happy

Weddings without alcohol are just plain weird.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just eat loads of food.

Sluffy wrote:Surprisingly I'm at my first right now.

I've not much of a clue what's happening.

The bride and groom got hitched even though they weren't even in the same room together.

People are ever so friendly but I'm sort of out of it as I don't know anybody apart from the groom and his bother and they are both a bit busy with everyone else.

The food is very spicey and there is no alcohol.

Very colourful day though.

No idea what happens next!

Used to work at the sports centre at the side of the old Bolton College on Manchester road. Had a few Indian weddings in there.

What I can remember was the groom (or the grooms brother) have to get a random white man, strip him naked, put a peanut up his arse then bring in an elephant. Then after the elephant has eaten the peanut, they cover him in this weird coloured dye and every  starts singing. Hope this helps.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

48 countries in Asia and we're meant to guess what sort of wedding Sluffy is at.

I'm going for that he's at a Thai wedding with ping pong balls all o'er shop.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They've just said something about peanuts from what I can gather and I am the only white bloke at this do!

Sluffy wrote:They've just said something about peanuts from what I can gather and I am the only white bloke at this do!

Tip: it has to go right up. Use your middle finger

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm told it's more than one. And they don't take them out of the bag. Shocked

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I escaped the initiation ceremony by enquiring what the tradition of the peanut was?

Apparently it dates back centurys to when two missionaries where captured by a tribe of canibals and thrown into the cooking pot! Begging for a chance to live the village elder told them to return with a dozen pieces of the same fruit or nuts within the hour.

The first one came back with 12 peanuts and presented them to the elder who told him if he could stick them all up his bum without laughing, he would be set free.

The missionary had no reason to want to laugh putting things up his bum and commensed insurting the nuts.

Just as he was about to stick inside him the last one he suddenly started to smirk, giggle then finally burst out laughing - certain death now awaited him.

The elder asked him had he gone mad with pain or something as he had so nearly saved his own life, to which he shook his head and said 'No, but I've just seen my mate come back with a dozen coconuts'!

Very Happy

10Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Empty Re: Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:37 pm

Copper Dragon wrote:48 countries in Asia and we're meant to guess what sort of wedding Sluffy is at.

You googled that, didn't you?

Nobody knows how many countries there are in Asia off the top of their head.

Not even Asian people.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CD googles most things he says

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing it's either Hindu or Sikh from what you've said Sluffy in which case you'll have a great time and the booze will be in a back room out of sight.

13Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Empty Re: Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's a muslim.

I got a call from him today and he asked me to meet him - but not at his house!

It turns out that his wife had women friends round and they were very religious, full burqa and all that.  Said at least one was a teacher (his wife is too).

I said I'd meet up in his local and he said he couldn't, he was really bothered about them smelling alcohol on his breath.

He said it was bad enough that his wife didn't like it but these other people were real fanatics!

Met up with him at the local chicken shop and ended up taking him home but he couldn't invite me in with these women in his house.

I've seen him at his home once since the wedding and his wife didn't come out once from the bedroom of their one bedroomed flat.  He told me she was sleeping but I had my doubts.

Makes you wonder about the future - not only for them but society - as these people are aren't you raving gun waving lunatics you see on telly, these are normal people who live in normal houses, going about their business in the way they believe society should be.

Opened my eyes up I must admit.

On the opposite side of the coin though spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon yesterday with a Sikh friend of mine celebrating his main religious day known as Vaisakhi (which actually falls on the 14th April).

I know it was a big holy day for them but I was bowled over by the virtually universal kindness, politeness and generosity of everyone.

Two religions from the same part of the world (roughly) yet poles apart on attitudes and integrating in to society.

Makes you wonder - well it does me.

14Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Empty Re: Have you ever been to an asian wedding? Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:28 am

Yeah, because the best way to evaluate which religion is the more likely one to produce genocidal terrorists is to conduct a snap survey of two people you know and base your assumptions on "stuff what you saw".

Come on, Sluffy....for fuck's sake.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It opens your eyes that Sluffy, interesting stuff.

Spider Legs

Spider Legs
David Ngog
David Ngog

Yes it stunk of spices like my local corner shop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum