Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nat V Johnny - YOU decide!

+8
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
scottjames30
boltonbonce
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Who won the Baptiste debate?

johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Vote_lcap53%johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]
johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Vote_lcap47%johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:sick:

32johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Guardiola has just split his pants. Very Happy

33johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:09

Boggersbelief wrote:To be fair, A right footed PROFESSIONAL cb  should be able to slot into RB with ease.

He's playing against PROFESSIONlAL wingers to be fair though, it's not like he's slotting in for the pub team.

34johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:10

Anyway, Johnny's right and Nat's just acting I can't believe anybody would think there's no difference in defending as a full back to a centre back.

35johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here she is

36johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i never understood Freedman, he signed Baptiste as a right back and wouldn't even consider him in the middle. Baptiste has always played his best football at centre half and is worth a look at again.

so Johhny wins for me  Very Happy

37johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:13

Boggersbelief wrote:To be fair, A right footed PROFESSIONAL cb  should be able to slot into RB with ease.
He looked pretty good at right back early last season, it was when he played at left back he started giving penaltys away.

38johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:57

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

They are both somewhat correct, in my humble opinion. I have played LB and all across the middle of the pitch despite being right footed, and different attributes are called for in each position. The major difference in defending on the flank as against in the middle is tactical. On the flank, you have to prevent the winger from crossing, be prepared to make the odd run up the flank in attack if the occasion should arise and know that a lot of running is usually required since most wingers are sprinters. The CB needs to protect the goal and GK, cut out crosses if possible and either clear balls out of danger or start counter attacks by passing the ball out of defense. In both positions, the ability to tackle is crucial, as is your timing. As Boggers said, a professional right-footed CB should be able to slot into RB with ease. If you are an experienced CB, you don't need as much speed as a wing back would and if a lack of speed lets an opposing winger get away from you, a mis-timed tackle may be the end result. That is what I think Baptiste's problem was, on the flanks. If he gets the timing wrong, it can result in a foul. Baptiste did this on a few occasions but caught the opponent in the box, giving away crucial penalties. Ream has survived being played out of position because he has a bit of pace about him - pace Baptiste does not have. In short, Nat and Johnny are both wrong and I'm right. Smile

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

39johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Wed Apr 22 2015, 08:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'm saying nothing.
Johnny would edit it to his advantage.

I'll simply say I'd rather face Johnny than Nat across the despatch box.

What's a despatch box

Another name for a coffin

40johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Wed Apr 22 2015, 09:00

rammywhite wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'm saying nothing.
Johnny would edit it to his advantage.

I'll simply say I'd rather face Johnny than Nat across the despatch box.

What's a despatch box

Another name for a coffin

Smile

41johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Wed Apr 22 2015, 13:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

without making things more complicated, AB played out of position at RB BUT his penalties occurred when he was played even further out of position at Left back?

42johnny - Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nat V Johnny - YOU decide! Wed Apr 22 2015, 21:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Yep.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum