Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here comes the Summer but I don't think it will be bright for BWFC

+14
wessy
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
terenceanne
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
observer
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nolan was never a good leader anyway his idea of leading is his infamous "jump tackle" as someone cruises by him. 

Way way way past his best.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I would have nolan back tomorrow... 

What is going to happen though is this... Lennon will get fuck all to spend, we will have a squad shitter than last seasons, Lennon will get pissed doff an leave come November when we are sat near the bottom of the league again...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing like that kind of optimism.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting quite sick of the negativity on here.

Lennon will have money, not a lot, but enough to improve the squad. There's no way he would have taken this job without assurances that some cash would be available.

He'll sign Le Fondre (although Wigan have already offered him terms), a central defender and a midfield hardman. He'll have Clough, Mavies, Clayton and Pratley all back for pre-season.

The future is exciting.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Getting quite sick of the negativity on here.

Lennon will have money, not a lot, but enough to improve the squad. There's no way he would have taken this job without assurances that some cash would be available.

He'll sign Le Fondre (although Wigan have already offered him terms), a central defender and a midfield hardman. He'll have Clough, Mavies, Clayton and Pratley all back for pre-season.

The future is exciting.
I really, really hope you're right Nat. I would love to see us make a serious bid for at least one or two quality players. 

I guess I feel pessimistic simply because the pattern of the last few years has been so consistently disappointing. Every window there's a burst of hope but nothing comes of it. As to assurances, well, I would argue that whatever assurances Neil may have been given there's not a lot to suggest they'll be kept. Remember the N'gog saga? DF sold him on the understanding he'd get the money for squad strengthening. Once the deal was done he was told "No, sorry, you have to get rid of another player" and sent Cravies to Preston on loan. Then there's Jutkiwicz, came here, did great and we couldn't afford the 1.3 mil to sign him. The fact is that I personally am expecting yet another summer of rumours that come to nothing followed by a couple of late loan signings because that seems to be all we can afford. As long as ED owns the club and PG is chairman I can't see the pattern changing. God knows how Neil will react if he's been told "yes you can have money" and then gets told "No we can't afford it" when he says he wants to buy someone decent.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Exactly like DF was told he would have money to spend? 

He even got rid of players to finance moves (as he was advised to do by Gartside) and once he had done that, they told him he still didn't have any money to spend. 

Gartside the lying twat will strike again...

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

He even got rid of players to finance moves (as he was advised to do by Gartside) and once he had done that, they told him he still didn't have any money to spend. 

I fear you're right rebel. I really do.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Lennon isn't the type to stand for lies, if Gartside had lied to him he'd be off and straight into another job.

There will be money, hopefully it'll be more wisely spent under Lennon than the dross Freedman brought in.

It's not in Gartside's interests for Bolton to get relegated, so he'll make sure Lennon is kept happy.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Here is my theory. In a nutshell... 

We have a massive debt. 

We also have a board who earn a pretty good penny (check the accounts - most of them, Warbies, gartside etc invested a pittance when the club was on its arse and to this day, have put the sum total of virtually fuck all in) in yearly bonus payments... cant have dividends as we dont make a profit, hence the moving over to the 'limited company' format a couple of years ago - didvinds have to be put on the annual report, however - salary does not - only as 1 figure anyway and not broken down in to individuals - this is why we are now ltd, no other reason but to hide the massive 'wages' our board are getting. 

Our board are interested in one thing - leaching as much money out of the club as possible, gartside and his friends pretend to give a fuck but really they don't, the warburton family actually don't even bother to come and watch us - they go to Old Trafford instead. Its pretty well known they have a box there and don't just use it for 'entertaining' 

For the current board, the number one priority is lining their own pockets - nothing else. This is why we refuse to spend money. 

Its nothing to do with the debt - wages keep going down, no money spent on players yet the debt keeps going up - why? because the board are taking as much as they can get away with. why should they have ambition when they still get the money they want? That would cost money, Money they can keep for themselves. 

Bolton will fold before we get promoted again, promotion would cost a few quid and the board have made it pretty obvious they have no intention whatsoever in financing it. 

With the savings we have made over the past few years, the debt should at least be going down, somethings not quite right...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

For the current board, the number one priority is lining their own pockets - nothing else. This is why we refuse to spend money. 

:facepalm:

You talk some shite. Megson and then Coyle were backed to the hilt, Coyle in particular wasted millions on utter guff. We're where we are because of Coyle, not Gartside.

You can blame Gartside for choosing Freedman, an awful manager who alienated the players and the fans, but it was Freedman who signed shite like Medo, Baptiste and all the other crap players we're lumbered with.

So Gartside sacks Freedman (probably at great cost to the club) and employs Lennon (at great cost to the club) and we finally have a manager who might get us excited again.

Fuck off with your Gartside shite. Not perfect by any means, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I can thrown him, but to say he doesn't have BWFC's interests at heart is stupid.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Lennon isn't the type to stand for lies, if Gartside had lied to him he'd be off and straight into another job.

There will be money, hopefully it'll be more wisely spent under Lennon than the dross Freedman brought in.

It's not in Gartside's interests for Bolton to get relegated, so he'll make sure Lennon is kept happy.

Obviously he doesn't want us to go down, but that doesn't mean he's going to let Lennon splurge the cash either, does it?

He'll continue what he started with Freedman, ie give Lennon the absolute bare minimum in terms of funds for new players and hope for the best, whilst pressurising him into cutting the wage bill.

Why do you think Lennon's bigging up the contributions of Heskey and Gudjohnsen?

Because they're all we can afford, so he has to try and make out that retaining their services is a positive, when we can all see that they're too old and shouldn't be anywhere near our team.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Obviously he doesn't want us to go down, but that doesn't mean he's going to let Lennon splurge the cash either, does it?

He'll continue what he started with Freedman, ie give Lennon the absolute bare minimum in terms of funds for new players and hope for the best, whilst pressurising him into cutting the wage bill.

Why do you think Lennon's bigging up the contributions of Heskey and Gudjohnsen?

Because they're all we can afford, so he has to try and make out that retaining their services is a positive, when we can all see that they're too old and shouldn't be anywhere near our team.

Where did I say he'd splash the cash? I said he'll be given funds for two or three players. He'll try and buy Le Fondre and a captain. Add those two to the players coming back and you have the makings of a decent team.

No way would Parker say signings were going to be made if it was bullshit.

Some of you need to cut the negativity and fucking remember this is our club. It's as if some of you want the club to fail so you can come on here and post 50 messages a day saying "I told you so" from the comfort of your armchair.

Just so we're clear, who are you supporting this week - Bolton or Chorley?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She left us after the glory years, but comes back to call us negative hahahaha.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bwfc1958 wrote:You don't agree that we are lacking a real leader on the pitch?

Possibly.....but why does that person have to be a hard donkey?  We can't afford another average player in the team just because he has a captain's armband on...IMO

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Here is my theory. In a nutshell... 

We have a massive debt. 

We also have a board who earn a pretty good penny (check the accounts - most of them, Warbies, gartside etc invested a pittance when the club was on its arse and to this day, have put the sum total of virtually fuck all in) in yearly bonus payments... cant have dividends as we dont make a profit, hence the moving over to the 'limited company' format a couple of years ago - didvinds have to be put on the annual report, however - salary does not - only as 1 figure anyway and not broken down in to individuals - this is why we are now ltd, no other reason but to hide the massive 'wages' our board are getting. 

Our board are interested in one thing - leaching as much money out of the club as possible, gartside and his friends pretend to give a fuck but really they don't, the warburton family actually don't even bother to come and watch us - they go to Old Trafford instead. Its pretty well known they have a box there and don't just use it for 'entertaining' 

Its nothing to do with the debt - wages keep going down, no money spent on players yet the debt keeps going up - why? because the board are taking as much as they can get away with. why should they have ambition when they still get the money they want? That would cost money, Money they can keep for themselves. 

Bolton will fold before we get promoted again, promotion would cost a few quid and the board have made it pretty obvious they have no intention whatsoever in financing it. 

With the savings we have made over the past few years, the debt should at least be going down, somethings not quite right...
Massive Debt??? - Accounting or real???  My guess is most of it will be written off within two years.  The ROI (return on investment) has been good for the principals.  The debt is an accounting trick to lower taxes on the corporate entities.  Hence, the club can be sold with much of the remaining debt written off.  Will it be?  Who knows, but it is likely.

Current Board - Lining their pockets???  Generally corporate boards enjoy benefits unlike most of us... but they also try to balance shareholder needs with their own greed.  In this case the principal benefactor has been PG... but is what he made an unfair amount against others in that role?  Would he not benefit more if we were to gain promotion? 

Savings over the past few years??? Seems as if we were in a 3-year plan to shed the misfiring ponces brought on by others. This year's loss was miniscule comparatively and with the loss of some more players this year, we may be running at a break-even, which is good with FFP rules in effect.

The future??? A coach with lofty goals and passion has been brought in... which is step one. Lennon has given the youngsters a chance and look how many stepped up... a really good second step.  Add a few quid and as Nat said, a couple of good signings, and I add, a good physio and training coach, and perhaps we make the top six next season.  I do expect a change in ownership within two years. 

What none of us can guess is the actual state of the overall accounting plan versus what is on paper that we read.  This is why Gartside the accountant is running the club.  There are plenty of legal tricks that make corporations money that we can't begin to understand.  The only thing we see is the performance on the pitch, and frankly that was disappointing for eleven games, hopeful for a few months, and highly disappointing after the multitude of injuries.  If Lennon has a healthy club, I expect to make the top six next season.  Gartside has probably made the top six in accountants by showing such a large debt and keeping ED very happy.  Let's hope the future sale (not impending, rather future) is good for the club and let's hope Lennon attracts two or three good signings (please think defense and ALF).

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought the prevailing theory was Gartside instructed Coyle to get us relegated so he could take the club into administration

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Just so we're clear, who are you supporting this week - Bolton or Chorley?

Chorley.

But I can still dish out my thoughts on BWFC.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

:facepalm:

You talk some shite. Megson and then Coyle were backed to the hilt, Coyle in particular wasted millions on utter guff. We're where we are because of Coyle, not Gartside.

You can blame Gartside for choosing Freedman, an awful manager who alienated the players and the fans, but it was Freedman who signed shite like Medo, Baptiste and all the other crap players we're lumbered with.

So Gartside sacks Freedman (probably at great cost to the club) and employs Lennon (at great cost to the club) and we finally have a manager who might get us excited again.

Fuck off with your Gartside shite. Not perfect by any means, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I can thrown him, but to say he doesn't have BWFC's interests at heart is stupid.
Yep pretty much nails it Nat

Well said Nat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum