Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official Retained List

+6
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
Wrighty92
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Official Retained List Empty The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 07:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13 players to officially depart, with contract talks ongoing with four others
Bolton Wanderers can announce that 13 players will officially leave the club when their contracts expire on June 30.

Senior players Matt Mills, Craig Davies, Andrew Lonergan, Jermaine Beckford and Keith Andrews will officially depart Macron Stadium at the end of June, whilst Chris Lester, Georg Iliev, Luke Woodland, Glenn Matthews, Ryan Sellers, James Ball, Carl Kennedy and Kieran Nolan will also leave.

Mills, who captained the side for the latter half of the most recent season, will leave having made a total of 94 appearances in which he scored seven goals.

Davies played 58 times scoring 11 goals whilst Lonergan has featured on 62 occasions for the club.

Beckford, who has spent the majority of the season on loan at League One side Preston, made 51 appearances and scored 11 goals for Bolton whilst Andrews played 29 times finding the net on four occasions.

The club would like to thank the players leaving Bolton Wanderers for their efforts and wish them well in their future endeavours.

Talks over contract extensions remain ongoing with Darren Pratley, Adam Bogdan, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Emile Heskey.

Quade Taylor has signed an extension to his professional contract.

Four academy youngsters have also signed their first professional contracts with the club, with Tom Walker, Rob Holding, Channing Campbell-Young and Yvan Wassi all putting pen to paper.

Harry Campbell has received an offer of a professional contract whilst Jamie Thomas, Tyler Garratt and Chris Cvetko have all received offers to extend their scholarships.

Source: http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/bolton-wanderers-announce-retained-list-2457225.aspx#leZFioeuW5utS07P.99

2The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm not surprised Mills and Cravies have been released. We can't afford them. Releasing Lonners while still in talks with Bogdan can leave us in a spot if he gets a better offer and leaves. Neil may have an agreement with Amos - that remains to be seen - but young Fitzsimons doesn't inspire confidence, having only made the senior bench while both Lonners and Boggers were injured. It is interesting to note that in recent times, Fitzsimons had been the U21 substitute goalie, with Harry Campbell who was recently moved up from U18, being preferred in goal. Campbell has been offered a new deal which he has not yet accepted, interestingly.

Of the kids, Iliev has not progressed as expected as he was seen as one of the better young forwards, only to be overtaken by Clough and Walker with young James Thomas also viewed as a better prospect. Luke Woodland, Chris Lester and the big ginger Ryan Sellers are a surprise to me. Lester has made the senior bench this past season and Woodland and Sellers have both looked capable of progressing. Time to see what recruits, if any, will be brought in, but wouldn't want to be the next captain, with our record of showing them the door!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:21

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

So our current remaining squad is as follows - 

Goalkeepers - 

Adam Bogdan
Ross Fitzsimons

Defenders - 

Dean Moxey
Tim Ream
Dorian Dervite
Quade Taylor
David Wheater
Alex Baptiste
Hayden White
Oscar Threlkeld
Andy Kellett

Midfielders - 

Tom Walker
Liam Feeney
Neil Danns
Mark Davies
Liam Trotter
Darren Pratley
Josh Vela
Filip Twardzik
Jay Spearing
Sanmi Odelusi

Forwards - 

Eidur Gudjohnsen
Emile Heskey
Zach Clough
Max Clayton
Kaiyne Woolery

4The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:35

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You forgot Medo, Wrighty. As far as I know, he should be returning.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:41

and thats if probably four of the best players on your list wrighty sign their contract extension.

gonna be either a busy summer or a shite 15/16 season for the whites.

6The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:43

Guten morgen, Herr Wright.

Willkommen nach Bolton Nussen.

(Leider habe ich nicht einen Umlaut auf meiner Tastatur haben.)  Very Happy

7The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:44

Breadman wrote:Guten morgen, Herr Wright.

Willkommen nach Bolton Nussen.

(Leider habe ich nicht einen Umlaut auf meiner Tastatur haben.)  Very Happy
Are you alright?

You've not collapsed onto your keyboard or something?

8The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:46

Wrighty is a cunning linguist - we learnt that on the Chatbox.

And he's obviously a man of his word because he said he'd probably be posting on here after the season had finished and he had more time because his Uni studies would be all but wrapped up.

Memory like a bastard elephant, me.

(And arse to match.)

9The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 08:55

Breadman wrote:Wrighty is a cunning linguist - we learnt that on the Chatbox.

And he's obviously a man of his word because he said he'd probably be posting on here after the season had finished and he had more time because his Uni studies would be all but wrapped up.

Memory like a bastard elephant, me.

(And arse to match.)
There are worse things to be i suppose.

like an uncunny funt like me Smile

10The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 09:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Retained list release is imminent.

11The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 09:36

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Retained list release is imminent.
you forgot

#ITK FACT

12The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 09:51

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

Right you are Breadman, nice German too, almost perfect grammatically.

Yeh I missed a couple off, missed Hall too but I imagine he'll be off to MK Dons.

Not quite finished with the exams yet but I do have more time on my hands now as classes are done and my essays and dissertation have been submitted, meaning it's just revision to go.

In terms of our retained list, it's a slight worry regarding the remaining players who haven't signed but I think if Bogdan doesn't sign, we should be able to move for Ben Amos still. Also, there is an awful lot of wages being cut and we're still due a little payment from Palace for Chungy at the end of the season, adding to what Hall will bring in. It's not much but Lennon should certainly have a lot more room to manoeuvre than there was last summer and we'll be helped by the returning injured players like Clayton, Clough, Wheater (to fill Mills' spot), Mark Davies (provided he doesn't get crocked yet again) and Pratley (provided he signs on).

I'm not saying we should be looking up and focusing straight on a promotion push but there is certainly some reason to not be pessimistic before next season begins.

13The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 09:52

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

Also, how many posts do I have to do before I can get rid of the awful David N'gog picture below my name  :gun:

14The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 09:55

looking at that website someone posted about the wages i think it is fairly accurate.  and if it is then £40,000+ a week we have saved on mills will pay the wages of two maybe even three decentish players for this level.

Was mills a coyle or freedman signing?  Because everyone else's seems about right but his is astronomical.

15The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 09:59

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

y2johnny wrote:looking at that website someone posted about the wages i think it is fairly accurate.  and if it is then £40,000+ a week we have saved on mills will pay the wages of two maybe even three decentish players for this level.

Was mills a coyle or freedman signing?  Because everyone else's seems about right but his is astronomical.

I think he was signed by Coyle when we first came down in summer 2012 while we still had the likes of Martin Petrov and Kevin Davies on very large wages. We also had unspent money from selling Cahill to Chelsea the previous January and Mills joined us from Leicester where he was signed for 5 mill and presumably put on big money, so it wouldn't be surprising if he was on a big pay packet with us

16The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 10:00

i think it is ten or a hundred Smile  keep going wrighty.  join the elite of top twenty posters Smile

17The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 10:02

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

y2johnny wrote:i think it is ten or a hundred Smile  keep going wrighty.  join the elite of top twenty posters Smile

Challenge accepted  afro

18The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 10:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Nothing too dissapointing there. I think we all agree Mills was bit shit at the end and certainly not worth the wages, Craig Davies was injured all the time and the youngsters were clearly not ready for the step up. Lonergan would be the only concern for me. I can only assume Bogdan is sure to sign or a deal is lined up with Amos, otherwise it could be a bit dangerous leaving us a bit vulnerable in goal.

19The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 10:15

Wrighty92 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:i think it is ten or a hundred Smile  keep going wrighty.  join the elite of top twenty posters Smile

Challenge accepted  afro
Good lad, here's some tips

edit peoples posts
post bruce forsyth pictures
join in every kick off possible

Smile

20The Official Retained List Empty Re: The Official Retained List Fri May 15 2015, 10:30

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Wrighty92 wrote:

Challenge accepted  afro
Fuck off AD you've had your chances, piss off back to BA!!   Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum