Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bavarian Smoked Cheese

+2
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 09:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well what a fantastic knock yesterday from Stokes. One of them sixes went in to the second tier.  Cool

Cook's looking like he's back in form.

Let's hope we go for a quick slog this morning and Cook declares well before lunch.

There could be a lot of joy for Moeen today with the ball.

Should be a humdinger. Come On England.

2Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 10:18

Agreed.

T20 mode for the first hour and see what happens.

Set 'em about 330 (but not too many, so they still think they can knock 'em off) and leave enough time and overs to get 'em out.

Should be a great day's cricket.

#Primulawithchives

3Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lancashire crumbly.
No wonder we bombed in Eurovision,our song was just a rip off!.

4Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:46

Lead of 344 and 80 overs left.

That's enough.

One last big swing, let Ali get his 50 then come off.

That's what I'd do.

Don't waste any more overs.

Edit: (Next ball) Ali's out.

But Anderson's coming in.

Pointless.

Creamy Roulade.

5Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:49

Theoretical question.

If on the first over (1 over = 6 balls) a team hit 6 x 6's could they declare then and then if the other team doesnt his 36 the first team wins?

6Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:50

y2johnny wrote:Theoretical question.

If on the first over (1 over = 6 balls) a team hit 6 x 6's could they declare then and then if the other team doesnt his 36 the first team wins?

Er....no.

They'd just bat as long as it took to get 37.

(Provided there were enough overs left in the day.)

Are you a woman?

7Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

8Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:52

Never watched cricket. So why declare with 80 overs left. Surely if the other team has a stonker and has more overs to .......you know what. Doesnt matter. Its sending me to sleep talking about it.

9Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:54

boltonbonce wrote:You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

I know the general rules it was more the test rules and all this business of declaring with overs remaining

10Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 11:56

y2johnny wrote:Never watched cricket. So why declare with 80 overs left.  Surely if the other team has a stonker and has more overs to .......you know what.  Doesnt matter.  Its sending me to sleep talking about it.

It's really not hard, just read Boncey's (very clear and succinct) explanation.

You set a total and then have to bowl the other side out before they reach it.

But the art is in getting the balance right so that the chasing team still think they can get the runs.

There's no point setting them a target of 500 runs if there aren't enough overs left to get them - they'll just drop anchor and you'll never bowl 'em out.

You've got to dangle your carrot.....

Are you American?  Very Happy

11Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 12:01

I dont like cricket. ...oh no....and i certainly don't love it

12Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The concept of a draw after 5 days baffles the yanks.

13Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 12:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good reply from England so far  - 6-2!

14Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 12:24

boltonbonce wrote:The concept of a draw after 5 days baffles the yanks.

A bit like going out and downing about 12 pints.

I've told this before but I once went out on the piss with a couple of them through work and when we drained our pints and got set to move onto the next boozer, they were perplexed.

"Another pint already? But you've only just drunk that one.......?"

15Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 12:29

Norpig wrote:good reply from England so far  - 6-2!

Just hope they don't dig in and keep playing their shots.

If they do, as Copps says, it's all going to be down to Ali if the pitch is (hopefully) turning.

16Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 12:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

12-3 Broad again.

Ali's not going to get the ball at this rate.  Very Happy

Humdinger.

17Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 14:27

Ben Stokes is the man.

Fact!

61 - 4.

18Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 14:30

Two in Two!!!!!!

61 - 5.

I love that ginger man!

Hat-trick......?

19Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 18:04

....and that, folks, is why Test Cricket is still the best form of the game.

Brilliant stuff.

20Bavarian Smoked Cheese Empty Re: Bavarian Smoked Cheese Mon May 25 2015, 18:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:....and that, folks, is why Test Cricket is still the best form of the game.

I was just coming on to post the exact same thing.

You don't get craft, tactics, skill or drama like that in any other form of the game.

We may just have seen the shooting roots of a genuine all rounder in Stokes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum