You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Sir Bradley Wiggins breaks world record!

Sir Bradley Wiggins breaks world record!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I know bugger all about the sport cycling , but what I do know is that I used to cycle everywhere at one time and Bradley Wiggins is a world record holder, an Olympic champion and a former Tour de France winner.

Which means he was cycling against a lot of other people to win them races and it takes a lot of graft to do it.

Some folk in this country always try to find a downer on our triumphant sportsmen/women. He's just broken a world record for goodness sake.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Copper Dragon wrote:I know bugger all about the sport cycling.

At least we agree on one thing.

@Sluffy wrote:

Sir Bradley Wiggins breaks world record! - Page 2 9k=

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy, how old are you? :rofl:

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Sluffy wrote:

Meeow  Very Happy

@Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy, how old are you? :rofl:
don't do it boggers

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Acting like a child that had its candy taken away. Wiggins is top dog, end of

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Bump!

Just thought I would let people know that Wiggins record has now been broken by a Belgium cyclist called Victor Camenaerts.

He sort of cheated a little bit in that he broke the record at altitude, which is easier than at sea level because the atmosphere is that much thinner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/47955952

There's not actually been too many attempts on the record since Wiggins set it, so it has stood longer than I predicted at the time of this thread.

For the record since Wiggins won the Tour de France and Olympic gold in 2012 and set the record in 2015 he's won nothing of note and has since retired from cycling.

Chris Froome (who was the better cyclist than Wiggins in 2012 - but was prohibited to challenge him being on the same team) has since won the Tour four times as well as the Tours of Italy and Spain.

Seems I did know a little bit about cycling after all!

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm still gutted that my grandad's Land's End to John O'Groats tandem record was broken. Although they did it the other way round and not because they thought it would be all downhill.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum