Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your boss is a dick, right...?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 00:46

Let's indulge ourselves a bit here, just for a bit of a laugh.

(And possibly some therapy depending on how wound up you are about working for a knob.)

I'll start.

My boss is undoubtedly quite bright - he manages (indirectly) over 300 people and has his hands on an annual budget of about £3m.

Not to be sniffed at - they wouldn't let an idiot loose with that sort of cash, would they......? (Money Gartside can only dream of nowadays and he's obviously a proper idiot.)

Or would they?

My boss is about 5' 1" and displays all the classic symptoms of "Little Man Syndrome", namely being generally irritable, quite furious over nothing, projecting his "short" comings onto others and making you sit on a chair with the legs sawn off when you go to see him in his office so that he's looking down on you when you're talking.

(It's like being part of a Japanese Tea Ceremony.)

It's all a bit weird.

Anyhoo........

I've developed a coping strategy -

Pick a Bond theme before you go in and hum it in your head.

The Angry Dwarf is blathering on about "KPI's, non-productive elements, how difficult his job is and how I should be thankful for having been given the opportunity to be a part of his Grand Plan" and all that bollocks but all I'm hearing is:

Gooooold Fiiin-gaaaaah!

When I had my appraisal I opted for a more modern take on things and went with Chris Cornell.

"How do you think you've performed since your last appraisal?", "The Gnome" asked.

My internal response was: "Arm yourself because no-one else here will save you!" but it came out as: "Yeah....I think I've done ok. You tell me."

We all work for knobs so how do you lot cope?

2Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 00:48

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Work for myself, dealing with knobs.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 00:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not in a gay way.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 01:08

Biggie wrote:totally in a gay way.

Very honest of you Smile

5Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 01:09

Ill answer this honestly in 8 weeks time Smile

Just in case

6Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 01:10

I train people but when not training people I have to drive a reach truck and look busy. Recently a lot have people have left that can drive, so I find myself having to do more proper work.

The management in there infinite wisedom have decided I can't train people to drive at the moment, because they can't afford for me to be off the shop floor because then there wouldn't be enough drivers.

I just have to laugh at the way they plan things and carry on.

7Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 04:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I worked for a law firm for a couple of months and the head of the finance team was basically some arsehole with no background in numbers being paid a fortune to tell everybody they're not doing their job properly or fast enough, and anybody that tried to explain themselves just got a patronising "OK, OK, calm down!"

A few times I was told "the problem I've got with you is that you tend to get riled and you start to raise your voice" but when you've got said moron to contend with, there aren't many alternatives. 

And everybody else in the hierarchy was a knob as well, for the record.

8Your boss is a dick, right...? Empty Re: Your boss is a dick, right...? Wed Jul 29 2015, 18:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I worked for one twat many years ago, he was staff at a big company and I was working contract. He was an obnoxious bastard and I wrote him down in my ball bags I have worked with book. 
Some years later I came across him again when he came for interview at a company I was working at, he'd hit hard times apparently and was made redundant at the company I met him. He acknowledged me as though we were long lost mates and I was asked later by the guy interviewing how I knew him.
Never seen the man since that day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum