Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Differences between men and women

+8
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
xmiles
Norpig
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Sluffy
Chairmanda
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Women - Differences between men and women Empty Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:40

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chaps and chapesses

The title is self explanatory. I am holding my input for now, as the way folk respond may well illustrate a point! don't disappoint me, we've had some amazing threads recently...what du think the main differences are between men and women? My only rule is that this is NOT an opportunity for one of your "photos", boncey.... Laughing

2Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:42

Genitalia is the obvious one

These days i think there is very little difference.

3Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 13:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bit of a minefield this one!

Even at my advanced age I've still to figure out the women of the species.

Women generally tend to be more nurturing, home makers and emotional communicators then men.

Men tend to be oblivious of everything apart from football.

Have I got it right?

4Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:01

Women are generally right.

About everything.

Even when they're not.

5Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:06

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

there is no right or wrong answer to this. (or there is, and I'm lulling you into a false sense of security cos women are always right. You got close there breaders: sluffster, nice attempt but could do better if tried harder)

6Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey Manda - an open invitation for sweeping gender-based generalisations? Really?
The biggest difference created in the early stages of pregnancy when testosterone floods the foetus and initiates gender assignment in the brain. The body follows later and in some cases you get folk in the wrong body. But cultural gender reinforcement/nurture has a huge impact and that is largely predicated on roles defined before the beginning of mankind in a survival context self-selecting the best species survival roles for the individual e.g. most men became hunters in the early days. Reinforce those roles over a few hundred generations and nurture starts to impact on nature as we form the neuron networks most appropriate to our survival in the modern context and pass that evolution on to our offspring.
With all this going on, there is a case for the genders "thinking differently" and having different sensitivities in their emotional consciousness - although obviously that can't be applied across the board as some men are women and vice-versa and every one of us falls somewhere on the spectrum of gender mind/body disparity, Nat for example.
Different sensitivities and role-induced emotional consciousness can therefore leave the door open to propensity towards gender-based distinctions in opinion (e.g. politics) although I don't believe anyone has tried to prove this by isolating groups from their influencing environments e.g. families/location/social status etc.
But broadly speaking, there is a spurious case for the "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" approach to inter-gender relationships.
And that's also why advertising, literature and so much more in life is gender-targeted.

And most men don't have tits.

7Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Women - Differences between men and women Difference-between-women-and-men

8Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:14

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Blimey Manda - an open invitation for sweeping gender-based generalisations? Really?

you could have replied there are no differences!! And the middle section is well argued. I think there are differences, and although all generalisations are false (!), there are some traits far more prevalent in one gender than another. Doesn't make either worse, or better, but I am genuinely interested in what a predominantly male audience thinks. I'm pleased I am female, I think men are struggling to know how o act. "shall i open that door? its the polite thing to do but what if she thinks it patronising?" "I like that dress...is it ok to comment in a complimentary fashion?" Some sports, some hobbies are dominated by men where there is no physiological reason why that should be the case. Why is that?

9Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:15

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boncey! Did you not read the instructions?

10Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:Boncey! Did you not read the instructions?
Men never read the instructions. They know stuff instinctively. Very Happy

11Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Women are generally right.

About everything.

Even when they're not.
 that's how things run in my house as well, saves a lot of hassle and arguments knowing i'm always wrong  Very Happy

12Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey Lusty which website did you pinch all that from? Glad to see you reverted to type with the last sentence though  Very Happy

13Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Blimey Manda - an open invitation for sweeping gender-based generalisations? Really?

I'm pleased I am female, I think men are struggling to know how o act. "shall i open that door? its the polite thing to do but what if she thinks it patronising?" "I like that dress...is it ok to comment in a complimentary fashion?"

Some sports, some hobbies are dominated by men where there is no physiological reason why that should be the case. Why is that?
2 good points
As regards the first (political correctness) it is a relatively new phenomenon that only exists in the West - as it is a cultural issue. In some countries, they still like to give women short shrift and the occasional smack. It is a progression of a highly complex shift in societal values and causes men no end of problems - if they are arsed about it. There is no answer as women's sensitivity to it and their personal levels of security/insecurity varies enormously and therefore in order for men to ascertain the correct response they would have to know the traits of the individual woman concerned which is unlikely in most cases.
But it does reflect the time-old problem of "what is the right thing to say/do in any particular situation" which transcends gender.

As regards why men dominate some sports where physical attributes play no part, it may be down to survival/hunter instincts i.e. the male brain where there is a focus on developing a different set of neural pathways. Sticking with the sweeping generalisation theme there is a case to argue that in general men are more adept at detecting movement and projecting where the object will be as part of spacial awareness for example. So if you're at a junction when driving you have to estimate the speed of a passing vehicle and when it will arrive at a point where you will be if you pull out - in order to decide when to go for it. I can safely say that using a non-empirical sample of one, my missus is rubbish at spacial awareness when there is movement involved - to the point that I crap myself if I'm ever her passenger and frequently get told off for pressing an imaginary brake.
Another area of the brain that may be relevant is that men are generally more adept at identifying danger signals. If anyone saw that show about video games being good for us - especially as we get older - they'll know what I'm on about.
These are two spurious examples of how our brain gender and our gender-based nurture could give males an advantage in the sports you mention - but there will always be exceptions as everyone is an individual and regardless of body type, we are  all somewhere on the male/female brain spectrum which is why no two people are alike.

14Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 14:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Blimey Lusty which website did you pinch all that from? Glad to see you reverted to type with the last sentence though  Very Happy
Thought everyone knows this shit Smile

15Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 15:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The difference between girls and boys is that girls grow up. Most men are still little boys in many ways.

16Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 15:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Women and men are as vain as each other. The only difference is that women pretend they aren't and act all high and mighty

17Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 18:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think women are far more practical than men and they are certainly more sensitive. Thatcher aside, I would like to see far more women as Prime Ministers and heads of state. There would be far less wars and conflict in the world if we had more women running things.

18Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 19:37

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think women are far more practical than men and they are certainly more sensitive. Thatcher aside, I would like to see far more women as Prime Ministers and heads of state. There would be far less wars and conflict in the world if we had more women running things.

Three weeks out of four, possibly......

19Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Thu Sep 24 2015, 19:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One has a flower and the other has a penis.

Just ask Amos Very Happy

20Women - Differences between men and women Empty Re: Differences between men and women Sat Sep 26 2015, 01:53

Emma Jansen 1

Emma Jansen 1
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Women know how to bring women to orgasm much better than men.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum