You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Things that irritate the shit out of you

Things that irritate the shit out of you

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 29]

811Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sat Aug 24 2019, 10:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:Crocs were bad enough now we got Sliders with socks i do not like them the chippy was full of them tonight so while i was sitting down all i can see is Sliders. I could feel it building up inside me, never a good sign with me then this big fecking lump wearing jeans and flip flops comes in and i saw the funny side.
These people make me sick. Get a pair of decent slippers, like any normal human being.
Yes I agree although not the care home style zip up ones!
I wouldn't dismiss the zip ups KP. They're great for running. Anything else and the nurses soon catch up with me. you. Neutral

812Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 10:30

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy's inability to distinguish between "as" and "has"......Trivial perhaps but still irritating!

813Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 13:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Agreed. Expect a diatribe as to why he does it 😀
@okocha wrote:Sluffy's inability to distinguish between "as" and "has"......Trivial perhaps but still irritating!
Agreed. Expect two pages on why he does it 😀

814Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 13:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Agreed. Expect a diatribe as to why he does it 😀
@okocha wrote:Sluffy's inability to distinguish between "as" and "has"......Trivial perhaps but still irritating!
Agreed. Expect two pages on why he does it 😀
And why the ST is to blame. Very Happy

815Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 14:40

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
And while we are on the subject, how is it that Sluffy could write at length about TROY's "crimes" and ban him, at the same time as (xxhasxx) he says he was absorbed by the cricket? He can't possibly have been as (xxhasxX) engrossed as (xxhasxx) me and many, many others. Of course, he may be able to multi-task....

PS: Would welcome advice on how to put a line through words already typed!

816Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 14:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Click on the s with a line through it.

817Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 15:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm dyslexic.

Never made a secret of being so and have been posting on forums for I guess around 15 years or more now.

818Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 15:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@okocha wrote:And while we are on the subject, how is it that Sluffy could write at length about TROY's "crimes" and ban him, at the same time as (xxhasxx) he says he was absorbed by the cricket? He can't possibly have been as (xxhasxX) engrossed as (xxhasxx) me and many, many others. Of course, he may be able to multi-task....

PS: Would welcome advice on how to put a line through words already typed!

You for real?

I am able to fart and chew gum at the same time.

(President LB Johnson re Gerald Ford's intelligence - or rather lack of it).

819Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

I'm dyslexic.

Never made a secret of being so and have been posting on forums for I guess around 15 years or more now.

There are, apparently, several different types of dyslexia. Might be interesting to learn more about it.
An insight would be interesting Sluffy, if it's not too much trouble.

820Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 16:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

I'm dyslexic.

There are, apparently, several different types of dyslexia. Might be interesting to learn more about it.
An insight would be interesting Sluffy, if it's not too much trouble.

I'm no expert, I just know how it effects me.

Apparently it is hereditary, about one in two kids of a parent who has it, is passed down to them in their genes.

When I was in primary school many years ago I was a bit of an enigma for my teachers as on one hand I could hardly spell yet on the other hand was clearly brighter than the rest of my class (the heads words to my parents, not mine).

I could read ok, in fact I've always been a prolific reader even back then but I couldn't spell for toffee.

When I did my 11 plus the head basically said to me that out of the marking scheme of 100, I would lose all the 20 marks allocated for spelling and grammar and thus my chances of passing would be that much harder for me.

I and only one other from my year passed to go to grammar school.

I've learned to life with it over the years and now there is automatic spell checking I virtually have no problem spelling wise but obviously still have grammatically such as has and as, where and were, and surprisingly even in my own opinion, of most and must. I know what the words are and what they mean but time after time for reasons I can't understand myself I use the wrong ones.

As a kid the teachers used to make me write out any word I spelt wrong ten times, then twenty if I did so again, until I learned how to spell it correctly - for me however the words never stuck and I could and did misspell them again the next day - and not deliberately either. I used to be bottom of the class in spelling tests obviously!

I kind of like have a blindness in the sense that I can see the words but they don't 'look' wrong if I've misspelt them, or at least not initially.

I can write something, preview it, amend some stuff, read through it again and post - only to look at it on screen and think, that's not right, or the way I've composed something doesn't read how I thought it had.

Can you skim read?  If so maybe I can explain in that when I write or compose something it is like skim reading in reverse - almost as though my brain is telling my eyes what they should see rather than my eyes telling my brain what is actually there that I've physical wrote.

If anything dyslexia has toughened me up.  It's a problem from an early age I've had to face alone and overcome and I've had to use my brain to get around words I can't spell to find ones with similar meanings that I can.  Probably helped expand my vocabulary immensely over the years and helped me to think around problems rather than accept them at face value.

It's certainly not been an issue in my work and academic careers/achievements.

Probably also why name calling as never bothered me, kids might have taken the piss out of me because I couldn't spell in real life, so I can certainly laugh off nutjobs on the internet.

Fwiw my daughter has not been effected by dyslexia but one of my brothers kids did - although in his turn his children seem to be free of it.

821Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 17:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fascinating stuff Sluffy, and a real insight. We used to have a security guard on one of the sites we visited who suffered badly, mainly because part of his job had become sending reports to his head office by text.
This was a nightmare for him, so he asked if I could help him out. It was really getting him down, and his ability to do his job was being called into question. I then suggested he tried voice texting. Just turn on the microphone and speak.
It's made a huge difference for him. And, although the microphone often mishears and puts in the wrong word, it works well enough for him feel able to do his job.
It got a bit confusing sometimes when I went up to his office for a brew. I'd think he was speaking to me, but he was talking to his phone.

822Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Aug 26 2019, 22:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dick Strawbridge. Self righteous ponce with a daft moustache.

823Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sat Aug 31 2019, 00:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
People who park up outside your house with the car hands free speaker on full whack when they are on the phone!

824Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sat Aug 31 2019, 12:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
People.

825Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sat Aug 31 2019, 16:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Rap-Hip Hop and Badger Shit.

826Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sat Aug 31 2019, 17:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:Rap-Hip Hop and Badger Shit.
I don't know Badger Shit. Were they on at Glastonbury?

827Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 15:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Stacey Dooley and Kieron O'Brian.

828Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 21:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:Stacey Dooley and Kieron O'Brian.

Agree with you on Stacey Dooley although I haven't a clue who Kieron O'Brian is.

829Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Stacey Dooley is ace.

You're both clearly scared of a confident young woman. You wouldn't like me.

830Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 21:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@karlypants wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:Stacey Dooley and Kieron O'Brian.

Agree with you on Stacey Dooley although I haven't a clue who Kieron O'Brian is.
Police interceptors show  scouser who pronounces car as caah, fkn very annoying. As for Stacey Dooley where do i start ? she has an annoying mouth it's a wierd shape when she opens it, talks very common, one of those in your face women that probably had tap dancing lessons at 5 years old.

831Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 21:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:one of those in your face women that probably had tap dancing lessons at 5 years old.

I had tap and ballet lessons. What's your point?

832Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 22:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:one of those in your face women that probably had tap dancing lessons at 5 years old.

I had tap and ballet lessons. What's your point?
Stacey Dooley.

833Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 22:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

834Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 22:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
She's lovely. And very down to earth.

835Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 22:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Slag.

836Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Sun Sep 01 2019, 22:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Slag.
You don’t beat around the bush eh Bonce! Laughing

837Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Sep 02 2019, 11:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Slag.
You don’t beat around the bush eh Bonce! Laughing
I was in a bad mood. I dropped a slipper in the bath!

838Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Sep 02 2019, 13:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cream crackers. I rarely open a packet that aren't smashed. I have to butter the bits.

839Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Mon Sep 02 2019, 18:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
The accent that makes them go EEERRRRRRMMMM  every sentence.

840Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 28 Empty Re: Things that irritate the shit out of you on Fri Sep 06 2019, 22:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Micky Flanagan's act.

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum