Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Were School Days Best Of Our Life?

Were School Days Best Of Our Life?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
For the first time in many years I went back to the LLG (Little Lever Ghetto). Walking among the burning cars and discarded mattresses brought back many happy memories of my childhood.

I then went back to my old primary school, Masefield, and once I was through security and a strip search they let me wander around for 10 minutes. It still had the same smell.

When we're kids we think adulthood is going to be so much better, but don't you think the truth is that you are never happier than in your school days.

No mortgage, no kids, no money worries, no boring job, and change from 50p for a Pepsi and a Twirl. I'd give anything to go back to those simpler days.

Do you miss your school days? Would you go back given the chance?

2Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:17

Guest


Guest
Primary was ok. My first secondary school was awful. Second one i would go back in a heart beat.

3Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes. Although some might say I've never really left childhood behind.
They really were the happiest days of my life.
Smells can certainly bring back memories. I looked through my 'Legend of Desperate Dan' book last week,and sniffing the pages took me back to the 9 year old me,up in the loft,torch in one hand,jam butties in the other,getting ready for a long shift reading my 'Beezer Annual'.
I'd go back in a shot.
You'd be amazed at what went on in our loft.

4Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:31

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:Yes. Although some might say I've never really left childhood behind.
They really were the happiest days of my life.
Smells can certainly bring back memories. I looked through my 'Legend of Desperate Dan' book last week,and sniffing the pages took me back to the 9 year old me,up in the loft,torch in one hand,jam butties in the other,getting ready for a long shift reading my 'Beezer Annual'.
I'd go back in a shot.
You'd be amazed at what went on in our loft.


They had all that in a workhouse.

5Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Yes. Although some might say I've never really left childhood behind.
They really were the happiest days of my life.
Smells can certainly bring back memories. I looked through my 'Legend of Desperate Dan' book last week,and sniffing the pages took me back to the 9 year old me,up in the loft,torch in one hand,jam butties in the other,getting ready for a long shift reading my 'Beezer Annual'.
I'd go back in a shot.
You'd be amazed at what went on in our loft.
Have you got a loft conversion or do you do the balancing thing on the beams and hope you don't fall through the ceiling into one of the rooms below? Very Happy

6Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dark and gloomy up there it was. At first we took candles up,but nearly succeeded in burning the house down. You'd have been proud of me KP.
We hauled the dog up once,but couldn't get him down.Dad went berserk when he got home.
In the end we lowered him down in a cricket bag. The dog,not Dad.

7Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
School was pretty shit, had some good times but the ARMY was the best days for me.

8Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:43

Banks of the Croal


Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@y2johnny wrote:Primary was ok. My first secondary school was awful. Second one i would go back in a heart beat.


Same here, Hated my first Secondary School it was full of Bullies, not the kids, the Bastard teachers.

Think it's left a mark on me in that I have a deep mistrust of Authority.



Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:46; edited 1 time in total

9Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:45

Guest


Guest
@Banks of the Croal wrote:
@y2johnny wrote:Primary was ok. My first secondary school was awful. Second one i would go back in a heart beat.


Same here, Hated my first Secondary School it was full of Bullies, not the kids, the Bastard teachers.

Think it's left a mark on me in that I have deep a mistrust of Authority.

:agree:

That was my problem at the first one but it was both

10Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:47

Guest


Guest
For once (and much as it pains me to do it) I'm in full agreement with La Whittam.

My school days were the happiest of my life.

It's not that I'm unhappy now - I wouldn't change a thing but I'd go back to 1974 and do it all again in a heartbeat.

Did anybody else go to Church Rd County Primary in the 70's?

Fantastic school.

I mean, we had lessons in Moss Bank Park in the summer - how good's that?

11Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:49

Guest


Guest
St brendans in harwood for primary
Thornleigh and then st james for secondary

12Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Primary school for me was brilliant. St Josephs on Shepherd cross Street in halliwell and then on to thornleigh in Astley Bridge for secondary. Although I didn't think so at the time, they were definitely the best days of my life. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

13Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chasing girls was the only thing at school that interested me.
I had loads on the go.

14Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@scottjames30 wrote:Chasing girls was the only thing at school that interested me.
I had loads on the go.
Maybe they were running away from you for a reason.

15Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@scottjames30 wrote:Chasing girls was the only thing at school that interested me.
I had loads on the go.
Same here Scott.

Although I had the advantage of attending Cheltenham Ladies College.

They only cottoned on when my stubble came through.

16Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
My school wasn't that bad. Most schools are either full of one kind or another.

We had quite a nice ratio of posh twats, to scrotes, to the rest of us.

Set me up perfectly for real life really because it means I can strike a rapport with decent folk like Chairmanda, as well as riff-raff like Whittam.

17Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did you go to Smithills Doffy?

18Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:08

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I was suspended all the bloody time.

19Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:09

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.

20Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:12

Guest


Guest
@finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.

I'll be honest, the only football team that I ever felt physically intimidated by was your lot.

It was like playing against a young offenders institution.

21Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.
I have to agree, the teaching when I was there was bloody pathetic, kids ruling the roost.

A lot of the teachers and staff should have been struck off.

It seems to have cleaned up it's act so to speak and is now a Science specialist college as well now or something and the kids are getting better results now.

22Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Breadman wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.

I'll be honest, the only football team that I ever felt physically intimidated by was your lot.

It was like playing against a young offenders institution.

It was a pretty tough place to go to school. A miserable time for me.

We had a good footy team though and a lot of big lads. I was only ever on the fringe and called up when someone had had a night on the cider behind Len Tobutts.

Our keeper, Keith Welsh went on to play professionally.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Welch

23Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:19

Guest


Guest
That's because they were all 23 and retaking their O Levels every year.

24Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@karlypants wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.
I have to agree, the teaching when I was there was bloody pathetic, kids ruling the roost.

A lot of the teachers and staff should have been struck off.

It seems to have cleaned up it's act so to speak and is now a Science specialist college as well now or something and the kids are getting better results now.

Not sure how old you are Karly, and I'm sure I'm old enough to be your Dad, but was that wanker Mr. Twigg (Maths) still there when you went?

25Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@finlaymcdanger wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.
I have to agree, the teaching when I was there was bloody pathetic, kids ruling the roost.

A lot of the teachers and staff should have been struck off.

It seems to have cleaned up it's act so to speak and is now a Science specialist college as well now or something and the kids are getting better results now.

Not sure how old you are Karly, and I'm sure I'm old enough to be your Dad, but was that wanker Mr. Twigg (Maths) still there when you went?
Yes he was. Very Happy

I am 31 BTW.

26Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

I am 31 BTW.

I genuinely had you down as about 19.

27Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@karlypants wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:No chance. Sharples School was a disgrace back when I had to suffer it. Life has been good since I got out of that shit-hole.
I have to agree, the teaching when I was there was bloody pathetic, kids ruling the roost.

A lot of the teachers and staff should have been struck off.

It seems to have cleaned up it's act so to speak and is now a Science specialist college as well now or something and the kids are getting better results now.

Not sure how old you are Karly, and I'm sure I'm old enough to be your Dad, but was that wanker Mr. Twigg (Maths) still there when you went?
Yes he was. Very Happy

I am 31 BTW.

He tortured me. I was shit at maths so my Mum and Dad made me go to private maths lessons to make sure I passed my O-Level. That cocksucker announced it to the entire class every single time I walked into one of his lessons. You can probably image shit I took.

Swore blind he was having an affair with Gail Tilsley(?) from Coronation Street too. Used to tell us that he had a flat in Manchester where he met her once a week.

What a COCK!

28Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Breadman wrote:That's because they were all 23 and retaking their O Levels every year.

You're probably right. It should have been called The Hills Have Eyes School

29Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

I am 31 BTW.

I genuinely had you down as about 19.
And why is that? scratch

30Were School Days Best Of Our Life? Empty Re: Were School Days Best Of Our Life? on Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@karlypants wrote:Did you go to Smithills Doffy?

I went to the same haven as Finlay.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum