Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strong rumours

+18
Bwfc1958
bwfc71
karlypants
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
Jack Russell
Soul Kitchen
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Alf Hooker
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
FullofSprite
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Strong rumours  Empty Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:40

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Seems t be strong rumours on Twitter and others that BWFC has been sold and Kevin Nolan is to return to the club.

Lion of Vienna Blog (Chris Manning?) seems to be retweeting such a rumour

2Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There are strong rumours on Twitter that say Donald Trump has a brain too mate. One's about as likely as the other imo.

3Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets party, Hats off to boggers!!!!!!

4Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Isles tweet from 20 mins ago -

Lot of gun jumping going on regarding sale of #bwfc and involvement of Kevin Nolan. A lot.

5Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're saved, Promotion Push.

6Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the deal has finally been agreed the burning question is who has bought us (and are they likely to sell off what's left of the family jewels and run?)

7Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Nolan as the first player chairman  Very Happy

8Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:52

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:There are strong rumours on Twitter that say Donald Trump has a brain too mate. One's about as likely as the other imo.
Iles has just confirmed that he has heard the same rumours - I ain't saying it has happened.

Lots happening apparently. Details a bit too scarce at the moment - some believe there will be a formal announcement at 10am tomorrow

FURTHER UPDATE

Players have now been paid November wages - no we haven't had to sell any assets.

Peter Emerson Jones is believed to be the man who has stepped in.

9Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 16:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Looks like Iles is saying it's NOT a deal yet and people are leaping to conclusions that aren't justified. Typical Twitter stuff to be honest. I'm going to wait for official confirmation to come from the club and even then I'll take it with a pinch of salt until I see a new backside in the chairman's seat.

10Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:02

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Looks like Iles is saying it's NOT a deal yet and people are leaping to conclusions that aren't justified. Typical Twitter stuff to be honest. I'm going to wait for official confirmation to come from the club and even then I'll take it with a pinch of salt until I see a new backside in the chairman's seat.
Don't blame you. Just passing it on - what people make of it is a different matter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Surely people want hear something positive rather than all this negativity there's been for the last 2 months?

11Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite. wrote:
As the buyer or just to sort the wages?

He's a half billionaire so could easily fund the club.

12Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:05

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:
FullofSprite. wrote:

Is he a half billionaire who has the intention of becoming a quarter billionaire overnight?

13Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:08

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Alf Hooker wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
FullofSprite. wrote:

Is he a half billionaire who has the intention of becoming a quarter billionaire overnight?
He has a small percentage in the new consortium as stated in the Lion of Vienna article. "We don't know which consortium it is"

Peter Emerson Jones owns Orbit Developments - owners of Middlebrook

14Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Looks like Iles is saying it's NOT a deal yet and people are leaping to conclusions that aren't justified. Typical Twitter stuff to be honest. I'm going to wait for official confirmation to come from the club and even then I'll take it with a pinch of salt until I see a new backside in the chairman's seat.
Don't blame you. Just passing it on - what people make of it is a different matter

Surely people want hear something positive rather than all this negativity there's been for the last 2 months?
Totally agree we need positive news and deserve to hear it sprite but I don't want to pin my hopes on this. After all if people believe it's a done deal and get all happy about it then it turns out to be bad info that will make them feel even worse than before. All I'm saying is that until the club officially tells us there's a deal done I'm not going to get my hopes up and I think it would be a mistake for others to do so as well. Of course if it turns out that we HAVE found a buyer I'll be grinning from ear to ear and breaking out the Grouse later. Smile

15Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jones owns family property business - one of the largest privately owned apparently.

They own Middlebrook Retail and Leisure.

His family worth £403 million (in July 2005)

Do I think he was involved in Moonshift with Davies - yes I do, just my opinion.

Do I think this is a way to transfer assets from Davies to Jones to settle their agreement - yes I do, again just my opinion.

I predicted something like this would happen right from the start as I couldn't see how anyone not previously involved in the club could make it financially viable for themselves how the business was currently structured and had contractual undertakings to keep it that way at least in the short term.

Just my view of things for what it is worth.

16Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

David Cameron has been accused of the “worst kind of cronyism” after a number of people close to him, including a City public relations executive and an ex-deputy chairman of his local party, have been rewarded in the New Year’s honours (2014).

Other recipients include a property tycoon who has given tens of thousands of pounds to George Osborne's local party and member of Mr Cameron's business advisory panel.

Labour MP John Mann criticised the awards. He said: “This is the worst kind of cronyism. It brings the whole of the honours system into disrepute. Honours should be for the people not for party polities and their supporters.”

Peter Emerson Jones, who has donated tens of thousands of pounds to George Osborne's local party through his companies, is also given an OBE for services to business in the North West.

17Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:25

:sick:

18Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Worrying news, this guy strikes me as someone who'll offload anything he can for a quick profit if he gets the club. I don't much like his political connections either.

19Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:38

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Worrying news, this guy strikes me as someone who'll offload anything he can for a quick profit if he gets the club. I don't much like his political connections either.
Only " a small percentage of the new consortium" so probably won't get his way entirely - though rest of the board will be under pressure

Just hope it's true - god knows we need some good news for a change

Last edited by FullofSprite on Wed 16 Dec - 17:41; edited 1 time in total

20Strong rumours  Empty Re: Strong rumours Wed 16 Dec - 17:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I'd rather have the tories managing the "economy" of the club than Labour thats for sure. 

I just don't want bloody Dean Holdsworth involved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum