Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Weds

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Weds Empty What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Weds Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says he has mixed emotions following Bolton’s 3-2 defeat away at Sheffield Wednesday.

Bolton twice battle back from a goal down to draw level but were ultimately beaten, with Gary Hooper scoring the decisive goal on what was a bitterly cold night at Hillsborough.

But despite defeat, the manager saw encouraging signs and has now challenged his players to perform in the same manner on a consistent basis.

“We played very well and for me the better team lost on the night,” Lennon said in his post-match press conference.

“We had three or four great chances when the game was at 2-2 to go ahead and take the lead. Our reaction to going a goal down twice was also very good.

“For me, that’s the best we’ve played away from home for a long time. What we need now is a consistency in our games going forward.

“We were playing a quality side who have invested a lot of money in their squad. I obviously know Gary Hooper very well and he got two goals tonight. He was pretty much the difference tonight.

“But there were some outstanding performances from our players. I thought Gary Madine, Liam Trotter, Wellington Silva and Darren Pratley were all superb. There is plenty of encouragement there going forward.

“It was a cracking game of football in what are difficult circumstances for everyone associated with the club.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For once, that "we played well despite losing" routine does have a ring of truth about it.

Unfortunately we haven't played that well against the teams who haven't spent gazillions.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum