Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

931Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jun 22 2020, 17:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
The voice is vital. Quite a few others have taken his legacy further. This young lady is deliberately, and provocatively funny.
This is better than Grayson Perry's Art Club  prog!!!

932Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jun 22 2020, 23:23

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was expecting her to sign her name under the painting and write " aged 5 " underneath it. Then her parents to put it on the fridge door for a short while until they can bin it.

933Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

sunlight wrote:I was expecting her to sign her name under the painting and write " aged 5 " underneath it. Then her parents to put it on the fridge door for a short while until they can bin it.

Why do they want to bin the fridge door?

934Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 08:04

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Why do they want to bin the fridge door?
I am not being serious here. I was being facetious. It is a great video and well done to her. I actually watched it right through twice. I enjoyed watching it. Really, I enjoyed the video, and well done to her.
Dont take what I say too seriously as I cant be serious very much sometimes.

935Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:
I am not being serious here. I was being facetious. It is a great video and well done to her. I actually watched it right through twice. I enjoyed watching it. Really, I enjoyed the video, and well done to her.
Dont take what I say too seriously as I cant be serious very much sometimes.
I believe that was Sluffy making a joke.
Surprised me too FWIW Smile

936Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 14:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure if I've already mentioned it but I enjoyed the latest "dead body found lying across the exact border between two countries so investigators from both argue over who has jurisdiction and have to co-operate to find the killer" series. Following on from The Bridge (Denmark/Sweden) and The Tunnel (UK/France) we have Der Pass (Austria/Germany) and it didn't disappoint.

Also enjoyed State of Happiness  - not quite as dark, but very engaging for me as it is set in the early years of the discovery of oil and gas in the North Sea and how the rural town/village of Stavanger was turned into the centre of the industry - used to fly to Stavanger from Aberdeen in the late '70s to get the copter up to the Frigg field where I worked as a roustabout to pay off my student debt. Good storyline and decent acting.

937Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 16:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

938Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:00

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Talking Pictures is wonderful. No violence or swearing. I do like black and white films, the older the better.

939Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Talking Pictures is wonderful. No violence or swearing. I do like black and white films, the older the better.
I usually watch Hawkeye on Sunday morning. Last week it followed a movie about giant eyeballs with tentacles, terrifying Austrian skiing slopes. Warren Mitchell played a German scientist with an odd accent.
This week it was a movie called Konga, about a chimp that grew into a giant gorilla. Not sure how that works.

940Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:23

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That is Television at its best. I love how they big it up in the trailer. Simply superb.

Film and TV review. - Page 48 Gsxk4GO

941Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:29

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Film and TV review. - Page 48 XmaXzsr

Film and TV review. - Page 48 1dwyo0Y

942Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Huggetts. 

Note a young Diana Dors.

943Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:41

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

She should use better language such as " what a nuisance " Laughing Quality. Dixon of Dock Green knows his stuff. Diana Dors is wonderful. I will watch Diana Dors films all day. Thats a quality program. As Tiswas said, this is what we pay our Television licenses for.
They speak properly.
There was a film on there last week I watched, from the 50`s-early 60`s with the singer from small faces in it called `Be My Guest`before he went into music. There was an Actress in it called Joyce Blair. She was utterly, staggeringly beautiful. I always have to google who they were and was saddened that she died.

944Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:54

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I fell in love with this Lady the moment I saw her. I will never recover from it.

945Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 20:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember Diana Dors being in a sitcom set in Leeds. 

946Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 23 2020, 21:12

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I enjoyed her singing in the Builders Arms at the end.

947Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 30 2020, 12:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I enjoyed her singing in the Builders Arms at the end.
Here are a few recommendations for you as per comments on Music thread - although you'll need to dig out subtitled versions:

Fellini:
La Strada
La Dolce Vita - you'll love this! Almost My Fair lady done fellini style.
8 and a half
..and my personal fave Amarcord which Fellini based on his own youth in Rimini during the rise of Mussolini

Faraldo:

Themroc - this has no spoken dialogue but relies on body language and grunts etc to portray an anarchic view of a man cracking up under the constraints of the routine of modern existence and slowly regressing into a caveman. Some hilarious moments to treasure.

Kurosawa:

So you've seen the Seven Samurai? The one that Hollywood later made into the Magnificent Seven? If not, do it. Well Kurosawa'a films are pretty much all huge productions with interesting stories although war is a common theme so may not be your bag, but I'd try RAN for starters

You also may like Peter Greenaway's stuff - often themed around strange relationships. unfortunately often scored by Michael Nyman but if you can get past that try A Zed and two noughts, Drowning by Numbers.

Maybe a bit too modern and possibly weird, but I reckon you're safe with anything with Mastroianni in it - lovely little stories like The Beekeeper

948Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 30 2020, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

949Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 30 2020, 15:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watching Designated Survivor on Netflix and it been great, well worth a watch. Just coming to the end of the first series.

950Film and TV review. - Page 48 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jun 30 2020, 16:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Watching Designated Survivor on Netflix and it been great, well worth a watch. Just coming to the end of the first series.

Is it 2016 again?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum